• Ichabod….I am talking a about UK turtling to prevent Sea Lion…so yeah…my whole point is the UK must not stack London…realize you will lose your capital… now place units to be the nuisance …UK can not prevent Sea Lion

• '17

@Leatherneckinlv:

Ichabod….I am talking a about UK turtling to prevent Sea Lion…so yeah…my whole point is the UK must not stack London…realize you will lose your capital… now place units to be the nuisance …UK can not prevent Sea Lion

Germany can get London if it wants to but still lose the game. The UK should be able to neuter Italy and turtle in its capital.

What do you mean by UK “must not stack London?” I always do at least 6 inf / 1 fig on UK1 placed on London. Why wouldn’t you?

• '17

Lets play. I’m off work right now. I’ll take allies for 16. 1 fighter to Scotland, 1 sub to SZ98. UK1 I’ll do a standard 6/1 instead of 9 inf on London.

• What’s 16 mean?

• Is this not an OOB set up discussion? If it’s not……then my strategy is based on OOB…no bids

• '19 '17 '16

@Leatherneckinlv:

Is this not an OOB set up discussion? If it’s not……then my strategy is based on OOB…no bids

You’re saying Axis can usually win OOB, no bid? Not controversial.

• @Leatherneckinlv:

Italy:
    Turn 1 APA (10 ipc)
    Turn 2 AB and all SS (from 18 to 28 ipc)
    Turn 3 AB and  all SS (33 plus IPC
    turn 4 all SS (35 plus ipc)

May I ask how you get Italy to that much money that quickly?  I’m used to 16-18 ipc at the end of round 1, if Germany strafes Yugoslavia and leaves Southern France.  Britain always cleans up one of the Italian armies in Africa when I play (usually Ethiopia, if he’s being conservative), round 2 would be not much more, maybe 2 for Greece, 1-2 more in Africa, and probably lose 1 or even 2 there)

• Sponsor

I call it Italy’s 20 IPC bracket…

If they’re above it… they’re doing okay,
    If they’re below it… they’re in big trouble.

• It’s collecting 2 to 3 NO’s plus income for Italy….Playing a game as we speak…turn 1 Income was 18
    I will collect another 4 IPC’s on NO next turn but wont get the 3rd…had Tobruk done to me…so No North Africa

• '17

@Leatherneckinlv:

Is this not an OOB set up discussion? If it’s not……then my strategy is based on OOB…no bids

Ok cool. Well, no bid games do occur; especially in some table top groups. It’s great for people new to the game just learning. I thought you were referring to as if it’s played with moderately to very experienced players.

• With so many of the games gone to bid or balance mod in order to make the matches fair for equal opponents, I like it when these strategies can be applied to non-OOB rules.  I also don’t like plans that assume that the other player is low skilled and your armies can just obliterate all opposition.  Assuming that Italy will conquer N. Africa on turn 3 is an atypical outcome even when the Allies know that Sealion is coming.

• No discussion for a while now…

Any new conclusions about this strategy?

What’s about an airbase at Gibraltar and moving Egypt fleet west? Yet, I guess there was this topic deep down at forum’s splanchnic times ago but couldn’t find it…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m