• Looks great.  I had no problems installing the module or running it on MV ver.1.3.18

That said, there are only 21 units in the Set II tab, but my record shows 45 Set II units.  Am I correct in this?

The units look great.  The angular viewpoint is very aesthetically pleasing rather than a side veiw.

My chief concern is not being able to readily recognize nationality.  Even in some of the Set I pieces it is an issue.  I wonder if its possible to include a tiny A&A flag with a unit?  Or some other mechanism by which nationality can be easily recognized?  Is it even necessary?  I’m pretty anal too  :roll:

• Looks great.  I had no problems installing the module or running it on MV ver.1.3.18

You are two-builds behind in your MapView…

That said, there are only 21 units in the Set II tab, but my record shows 45 Set II units.  Am I correct in this?

Hence the “prototype” title  :evil:

The units look great.  The angular viewpoint is very aesthetically pleasing rather than a side veiw.

I agree, makes them more interesting!

My chief concern is not being able to readily recognize nationality.  Even in some of the Set I pieces it is an issue.  I wonder if its possible to include a tiny A&A flag with a unit?  Or some other mechanism by which nationality can be easily recognized?  Is it even necessary?  I’m pretty anal too  :roll:

Well, you can always just hover your mouse over the unit to find out what it is.  Is that sufficient?

Mot

• You are two-builds behind in your MapView…

I use the 1.3.20 at home.  Too lazy to change my office pc

Hence the “prototype” title

Tooche!

Well, you can always just hover your mouse over the unit to find out what it is.  Is that sufficient?

When looking at things overall from a big picture, it can be overlooked.  Even knowing the SMLE and Inspiring Lt are UK units, I’ve mixed them up visually before.  I know somebody who’s mixed up the Panther and Tiger often enough  :evil:  'Twas just a mention  8-)  Even something simple as all Axis face east all Allies face west is a good visual identifier to note alliance.

• Panther, Tiger, Rabid Tabby, blah, blah … what’s the difference  :-D

I’m open for suggestions on how to make it more clear, though facing is not something I’m inclined to use in the event that I ever implement better support for real facing indicators (as opposed to using the seperate marker we have today).

I suppose I could add a rondel to each unit with it’s country insignia?

• I suppose I could add a rondel to each unit with it’s country insignia?

It might help.  But if I’m the only one making note of such a situation.  Then the point is moot and only extra work on your end.

• Well given the number of people who PBEM AAM, you represent 25% of the user population  :-o

• :mrgreen:

• MOTDC Sorry, I clicked the link above, replaced the old map and no new units are there when I open Urban Combat.  Am I doing something wrong?

• I put the new units in their own tab, did you see a new tab in the unit pallet?

If not, please list all of the files that are in:

c:\program files\motcreations\mapview\usermods

Sorry for the problems!

Mot

• AamHighGround.udm
    AamHalfAndHalf.udm
    AamHill107.udm
    AamKnifeFight.udm
    AamTigerHeaven.udm
    AamUrbanCombat.udm

• 1.  Shutdown MapView if running.

2.  Rename AAMUrbanCombat.udm to AAMUrbanCombat.bak.

3.  Restart MapView and confirm you don’t have Urban Combat any longer.

4.  Shutdown MapView again.

5.  Re-download the AAMUrbanCombat.udm prototype from the link (to the usermods dir)

6.  Restart MapView and you should see Urban Combat come back again.

Let me know how you make out!

• ok i got it now thanks.

I got an additional 23?  I didn’t check them all but are there missing?

• Yeah, this was just a prototype so people could see the work-in-progress and provide feedback.  Aside from the new units, I changed some of the icons, fomts, arrows, etc.

Mot

• My feedback is two thumbs up!!! :-D :-D

• No new Russian units???  :?

• Let’s see how far I get tonite…

• While not all Set II units are completed, all of the modules now have that same Set II units.

I put together some scripts to help unify the process so as more units are added, etc they get pushed to all the modules at the same time.

Redownload all 6 when you get a chance, and make sure you have MapView 1.3.20!

• Founder TripleA Admin

Hey Motc, I didn’t really read much of the other posts but I was thinking you should skip the other sets to 1939-1945, since there is overlap in many of the pieces it wouldn’t be too hard, no?

Just a thought, I well know how much time these types of project take and how little time there is to dedicate to them.

• That’s an interesting idea.  Do you know if the new maps are available online?  I’ll have to go check…

Mot

• What’s up Mot new player here.  I wanted you to clarify a rule for me if you got time.  Check out rules clarification started by half-track.  I just posted a question for you.  Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m