Global/Europe/Pacific 1939 for 1940 2nd Editon

• Extremely minor tweak was made last summer: the Italian infantry in Libya was reduced from 4 to 3.

• '17 Customizer

CDG, that is for Triple A?  Never saw a factory in Libya for Italy in your 1939 v3.

Thanks…

• @Charles:

Also, since this is 1939, it feels acceptable to pretend that France will never surrender, but rather fight or retreat to Algeria etc.

France will never surrender! Vive de Gaulle!

• @Moffett:

CDG, that is for Triple A?  Never saw a factory in Libya for Italy in your 1939 v3.

Thanks…

Some fans have made a triple A version of this fan made setup; I don’t play Triple A so I don’t know how you can access it or how I can help the creators tweak it.  As for a factory in Libya, I never suggested that and neither would that be legal since Libya is worth only 1 IPC.  Were you confused because I said the starting forces in Libya were reduced by 1 infantry?

@AxisAndAllies1940:

@Charles:

Also, since this is 1939, it feels acceptable to pretend that France will never surrender, but rather fight or retreat to Algeria etc.

France will never surrender! Vive de Gaulle!

We don’t need Vichy rules when France does not have to give up.  That is the spirit of this mod.  France, and all the countries really, have a chance to make early decisions that will drastically change the war.

SETUP TWEAK:
    I’ve gotten so many complaints about the ahistoricality of ANZAC’s battleship that I decided to remove it and replace it with a destroyer and a cruiser (all in Sea Zone 54).

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’m impressed with this setup; I like the way you’ve made it possible yet not necessarily desirable for players to manually recreate a position similar to the starting 1940 set up. I think you’ve given everyone some fun new options in a way that’s balanced and interesting. Kudos!

My only serious complaint is that for me a big part of the appeal of a 1939 setup is that Germany can choose whether or not to provoke England and France into war…and that England and France can, in turn, choose whether to convert an act of war into a reason to invade! I’m not seeing that here; it looks like Germany starts at war with France and England.

I would want some set of add on rules like this: Germany, France, Italy. and Britain all start the game at peace. Germany may declare war on Britain and/or France at any time. If an Axis power invades Poland, Britain and/or Grance may declare war on that power. If an Axis power declares war on France, then Britain may declare war on that power. Otherwise, Britain and France may freely declare war on any Axis power beginning at the start of turn 3.

Britain gains a new NO: while not at war with any European power, it collects 2 IPCs for each of Norway, France, and Poland that is under Allied or pro-Allied control.

France gains a new NO: while not at war with any European power, it collects 5 IPCs.

Germany gains a new NO: while at war with at least one European power (including Russia) it collects 5 IPCs.

Something like that.

Also, a minor nitpick on the initial setup: I’d rather remove the starting Russian factory in Volgograd instead of removing the one in Kiev. Kiev was industrialized earlier, and starting with the factories up near the front and having to build some in the east later gives more of the flavor of ‘retreating’ Russian industry.

Finally, this setup might work well with the Dutch minor power rules being discussed right now in another house rules thread. With more time (maybe) before the war starts, the Dutch might be able to do something interesting! And they would start with control of Holland in some games, which is also interesting.

Anyway, this scenario you’ve written is fun and I hope to try it sometime!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@seancb said in Global/Europe/Pacific 1939 for 1940 2nd Editon:

DeGaulle, I’ve been working on a Triple A setup for this. It still needs some coding but it is playable with the user guide and some editing.

Hi
    Do you or anyone else, know what the status of the mod is ? Might try and see if I can do some work on the unfinished portions if no one is actively working on it.

Added to triplea. It’s under “Experimental”.

Update to 1.2

1.2 Fix Mongolians not flipping correctly. Fix Romania and Slovakia units not turning Axis when activated. Fix Italian Med objective activating when Italy not at war. Remove “Pro-Allies” from Persian territories. Adds Modified Neutrals.

@Charles-de-Gaulle

I’ve been using a single panzer to activate Slovakia and Romania. Is this rule correct ? Or do I need to activate Slovakia with a unit then move a different unit/pancer into Romania ? Or is Slovakia the only one that can be activated G1 ?

• @charles-de-gaulle What does the Italy can load transports in shared sea zones when at war? So the allies can prevent Italy from moving troops by keeping a ship with the Italian fleets? Italy cannot load any transports prior to war? Thank you as always.

• My word… I’ve been developing/play-testing something very close to this for several weeks now–a “January 1940 setup”, aka: G40 starting one turn earlier. Had a whole post written up & everything. Had no clue this setup existed. Incredible. I feel quite dumb now–that’s a lot of wasted time!

@hengst not wasted at all. Repetition is what fine tunes these scenarios to make them the best they can be. Keep up the good work

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m