Is there currently an average bid(or even a bid) in G40 2nd edition

• @Cow:

I have tried to invade Japan many times (given 10% or above) and I have failed each time :(.  One time I even had a 70% if he scrambled and lost the naval battle (naval battle was 70%). MAN I LOST EVERYTIME~!

You would be surprised to see that I’ve done faux invasions just to allow naval bombards to soften Japan and then proceed to launch my real invasion after.

• '19 '17 '16

Sounds like we’re all inn agreement that a 100% kgf or kjf is a loser.

Then the question becomes how USA should help each side. Taking Norway seems like about the minimum for the Pacific.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

100% KJF is NOT a loser.  Japan in G40 can be torn apart via a number of different strategies.  These strategies do not work on Germany.  If Japan can reach or exceed USA wartime income, then even these KJFs will falter (this is more likely in G42 than G40)

KGF does not mean 100% Atlantic.  It means trying to kill Germany.  Since this doesn’t work, it should be called AGO= Annoy Germany Often.

• @taamvan:

100% KJF is NOT a loser.  Japan in G40 can be torn apart via a number of different strategies.  These strategies do not work on Germany.  If Japan can reach or exceed USA wartime income, then even these KJFs will falter (this is more likely in G42 than G40)

KGF does not mean 100% Atlantic.  It means trying to kill Germany.  Since this doesn’t work, it should be called AGO= Annoy Germany Often.

Is the Europe strategy in KJF to turtle in London and Egypt and delay in the Middle East as long as possible after Moscow falls on G6 or G7?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@taamvan:

100% KJF is NOT a loser.   Japan in G40 can be torn apart via a number of different strategies.   These strategies do not work on Germany.   If Japan can reach or exceed USA wartime income, then even these KJFs will falter (this is more likely in G42 than G40)

Is the Europe strategy in KJF to turtle in London and Egypt and delay in the Middle East as long as possible after Moscow falls on G6 or G7?

Most likely yes as a fallen France and USSR, European Axis only need Egypt, London, or DC for victory.

• '19 '17 '16

@taamvan:

100% KJF is NOT a loser.   Japan in G40 can be torn apart via a number of different strategies.   These strategies do not work on Germany.   If Japan can reach or exceed USA wartime income, then even these KJFs will falter (this is more likely in G42 than G40)

Well, it doesn’t really work to kill Tokyo either. I once lost a world domination game that I would have won because I bothered to kill Tokyo. KJF = AJO if you are going to be literal about it.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Yes!  2016 tourney G42 the other table the axis had UK and the allies had Japan and Axis still won, I believe.

I should clarify that I do not mean that I think either Japan or Germany can be invaded, Rome is very difficult if Germany helps.    Both major Axis capitals would take many turns to wear down, I’ve never taken either over in a game that wasn’t a blowout…if ever…maybe in our very first games.

But Japan’s economy can be defeated, if all the Allies work together in lockstep.  Falling into the J1 plan makes it easy for them.

• @taamvan:

Yes!  2016 tourney G42 the other table the axis had UK and the allies had Japan and Axis still won, I believe.

I should clarify that I do not mean that I think either Japan or Germany can be invaded, Rome is very difficult if Germany helps.    Both major Axis capitals would take many turns to wear down, I’ve never taken either over in a game that wasn’t a blowout…if ever…maybe in our very first games.

But Japan’s economy can be defeated, if all the Allies work together in lockstep.  Falling into the J1 plan makes it easy for them.

Why does J1 make it easier to defeat Japan?

• '21 '20 '18 '17

You have to move part of the fleet away from Japan to pull off all your objectives, and your land forces in China are spread thin.

If you invest in factories, transports, and non-naval units, USA is more powerful than you on the SZ 6 side of the board and can step right up to you, taking Iwo and forcing you to either head back home to defend (losing the chance to take india or spice) or potentially lose control of the SZ 6 and 19 for a while.

Once the US is squatting on you (recall that you can land planes in Russia early during a J1), your choices become limited, Japan can’t really demolish and focus on USSR or China during a J1 and USA gets max income, asap.    The focus in most J1 is on UK India, but the arrangement of transports at game start limits you to moving south or moving home, so you cant get the numbers or income for the long game.

• '19 '17 '16

I’m forming a view that a j1 is not at all optimal, but it does have strength because you take fic in the process.

Getting this factory producing by j3 is great for Japan.

• '17

@simon33:

I’m forming a view that a j1 is not at all optimal, but it does have strength because you take fic in the process.

Getting this factory producing by j3 is great for Japan.

I recently got a J3 takedown of India (1st time I’ve done it). Only recently I started really trying to explore it as KJF games are hurting me in triplea live games. The fact that an India take down can occur is of course another benefit; especially with a 3 transport / 1 artillery purchase. I took a fighter hit in sz37 to keep the Cruiser (which protects the FIC minor placed on J2). The cruiser rolled a hit so no blocker there as the UK sent their Cruiser elsewhere. Then on J2 I cleared Burma/Shan State units using a few ground to soak up hits and mostly air. J3 India fell.

• '19 '18 '17

Thank you for all of your posts to this thread.

I am currently playing a game against Gargantua with a bi of 40 and I get the feeling I am toast!! LOL.

I think I should have gotten a bid of 100!! Or maybe 200 and then I might have a chance.

There are a lot of nuances to this game and It is really making me think.

• '17 '16 '15

Don’t give up

Attack

• '19 '18 '17

I attacked in a 50/50 battle and lost… Oh well…

What I like about attacking is at least you are trying. Seems to be when you always sit on defense – you are waiting.

Not that defending at times is a good thing.

• @AAGamer:

I attacked in a 50/50 battle and lost… Oh well…

What I like about attacking is at least you are trying. Seems to be when you always sit on defense – you are waiting.

Not that defending at times is a good thing.

To me, knowing when to attack and when to defend are key things to learn on the path towards mastering A&A.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Are you people crazy? LOL

I’ve been playing A&A and it doesn’t look like the Axis have any chance of winning at all! And you are advocating that the allies get a bid? Of 20-30 extra IPC?

I’m honestly not trolling, but is there some ‘Automatic Path to victory’ for the Axis that I’m not aware of? What is it exactly? What should each Axis country be doing that stops them from being smashed by the Allies?

• '19 '17 '16

@Mr:

Are you people crazy? LOL

I’ve been playing A&A and it doesn’t look like the Axis have any chance of winning at all! And you are advocating that the allies get a bid? Of 20-30 extra IPC?

I’m honestly not trolling, but is there some ‘Automatic Path to victory’ for the Axis that I’m not aware of? What is it exactly? What should each Axis country be doing that stops them from being smashed by the Allies?

Germany runs hard to Moscow and doesn’t get distracted by building much fleet and mostly ignores UK after G1. Italy can opens particularly at Rostov.

Japan does a DOW J1 or J2, claims all the Dutch East Indies and takes down Calcutta J5.

• '19 '18 '17

@Mr:

Are you people crazy? LOL

I am currently playing a game with a bid of 43 for the allies and getting my butt handed to me… Of course this is just my first game of Global but it gives you a little bit of an idea for new players how it is like.

• I guess I must be really bad at playing the Axis then… Or everyone else here is really bad at playing the Allies! LOL

Is taking Calcutta the key? How do you deal with allied Air power Spam into Russia?

• '19 '18 '17

Look at the two stickied threads that talk about Germany and Japan’s first moves…  That will give you a general idea of what people have done in the past. It has helped me a lot. Now trying to find allied plans is a lot tougher since it is totally dependent on what the Axis does… You have to do some searching but I have found a few.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m