• Who ever wants to spend 250 bucks on a new console?

Nintendo Wii, PS3… when they first come out, yes, they are awesome. That’s if you have the money to spare…

Me… I just bought a NES 64 on Ebay with five games for 35 bucks. I can get my moneys worth in the first month of playing. Am I the only one who does this? I just wanted to see if others wait before going nuts on spending on a gaming system.

• Nostalgia gaming is always fun.

But, you could get a Wii and download older games on it.  Or use ROMs on your pc.  There are other options, but yours is still very economical.  And you can’t beat using an original system with controller.  Too bad they wear out.

I still have my Saturn from over a decade ago.  But no memory card that works…

• Am I the only one buying a disc with 20 old Atari 2600 games on a CD-ROM for $10 and happy as a clam?

Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command, Defender, Tempest…

:mrgreen:

• @ncscswitch:

Am I the only one buying a disc with 20 old Atari 2600 games on a CD-ROM for $10 and happy as a clam?

Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command, Defender, Tempest…

:mrgreen:

I’ve got that.  But you spent too much.  :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Heck with that!  I have a perfectly good PC, why tie up a television and blow money on a system that can only do games?  Especially a system that cannot do Axis and Allies!

• @stuka:

Who ever wants to spend 250 bucks on a new console?

Nintendo Wii, PS3… when they first come out, yes, they are awesome. That’s if you have the money to spare…

Me… I just bought a NES 64 on Ebay with five games for 35 bucks. I can get my moneys worth in the first month of playing. Am I the only one who does this? I just wanted to see if others wait before going nuts on spending on a gaming system.

whar u gettin a new PS3 for 250 bux?

• I’m pretty sure everyone here has a PC. (otherwise, how do you type stuff to put on the site?)

Anyway, that being said, I easily find 8-bit and 16-bit salvation in the form of emulators.  I agree that it is crucial to stay true to your roots, but not so much that you have to BUY an ancient console to do it…

• @newpaintbrush:

@stuka:

Step 1:  Buy a gun and find someone with a new PS3 or a store that sells them.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit!!!

• @Jermofoot:

@newpaintbrush:

@stuka:

Not trying to jump to any conclusions about ya Jermo, but isn’t that what actually happened when PS3 premiered?

• Hey y’all, M36 is still alive, though not so well. :-P

Anyways, the only reason I can see to get the new systems is because the new games can only be played on them. Stuff like Halo3 and Elder Scroll Oblivion are just to awesome to pass up.

• @AgentOrange:

@Jermofoot:

@newpaintbrush:

@stuka:

Not trying to jump to any conclusions about ya Jermo, but isn’t that what actually happened when PS3 premiered?

Haha.  Anyone remember that brawl that was televised nationwide at a BestBuy when the PS3 was released?  Yeah, that was in Fresno, my hometown.

• @AgentOrange:

@Jermofoot:

@newpaintbrush:

@stuka:

More than likely.

But I prefer the tale of the single mother, wanting to buy a shiny new system for her kids.  She found one that was being bid on for around $1000, and messaged the seller about $500 and a “favor.”  Then she sent him pics to show him she was for real.  Lucky lad.

Wow Jermo, that is the first time I have ever found someone properly use the :?

Kudos again…

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Wow Jermo, that is the first time I have ever found someone properly use the :?

Kudos again…

GG

LOL, well I guess we haven’t caught on to that meme yet.

Well, then we would have to come up with something bigger to “acquire” then the PS3… :wink:

BTW, console wise, I think nothing touches the PS3…

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m