[Global 1940] More Options for Lenningrad

• '17 '16 '15

Would cutting Baltic States in two from the Eastern Poland/Belarus border junction to it’s nearest sea area, combined with cutting Belarus in half from the same border to the middle of Smolensk be worth a try ?

Basically makes it three moves from Poland to Novo. Would that encourage the Kriegsmarine too much or just make Germany go straight south every time ? Would it even really matter ?

Could give the new TTs a buck each for a minor incentive.

Anyway just a thought. Sure it’s all been hashed out before : )

Moderator’s action: Added tag [Global 1940] to title

• Cutting any territory would obviously slow Germany down. In theory, it would be wise for USSR however I have never seen Germany do this but it is possible Germany could ignore it and invade it with the Kreigsmarine or reinforce Finland and pound it from the west. Another question is territory worth, are you adding value to these now cut territories?

• '17 '16 '15

yea figured give the new TTs a buck each. Idk, looking at it today, might need to whack the Ukraine in half too and keep the factory on the west side.

Was just trying to provide another option instead of retreat, although sometimes the Russians will take Finland/Norway depending on German moves.

• '17 '16

@barney:

yea figured give the new TTs a buck each. Idk, looking at it today, might need to whack the Ukraine in half too and keep the factory on the west side.

Was just trying to provide another option instead of retreat, although sometimes the Russians will take Finland/Norway depending on German moves.

Does something like this would be correct Barney?

Baltic States_Revised V2.png

• Barney

I just started working on a new 41/42 game with this map. Just some ideas. States are in 3.

image1.png

• '17 '16

Looking at this map, SS.
    Baltic States are not a shortcut toward Leningrad at all.
    Faster to use Eastern Poland and Soviet TTs to reach it.

IMO it is two opposite ways. And for this your map and picture is useful.
    The longer road or OOB G40 shortcut. Probably Barney’s idea is something in the middle.
    To be continued…

• '17 '16 '15

wow ! Nice looking map SS

yea Baron I was thinking EP /Belarus junction for the east border, west one would be correct. I don’t think it would change anything though. Just a visual thing. Pretty cool how you did that though : )

• '17 '16

With print screen and paint, it tooks about 15 minutes, max.
    Thanks to YG’s G40 map files.

• '17 '16

@barney:

yea Baron I was thinking EP /Belarus junction for the east border, west one would be correct. I don’t think it would change anything though. Just a visual thing. Pretty cool how you did that though : )

It depends on what you want to get for Belarus?
    A similar access north west or southwest toward Poland or different by needing to cross East Baltic States before  reaching West Baltic?

• @barney:

Thanks goes to IL. Its his 2005 WW2 map.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m