[Japan north] Stack Korea or Manchuria?

• TripleA

I have lost manchuria and korea early. It is not that bad.

• @Cow:

I have lost manchuria and korea early. It is not that bad.

No it’s not. Unless of course Japan isn’t taking land and/or breaking NO.

• If I leave Korea open and let Russia take it, then he has to decide what to do. Move all inf there or just a few? He can’t station his aircraft there, so if he moves everything to Korea, then Amur and his aircraft are open. If he only moves one or two inf, then he can take Korea and I have to decide what to do. But in that case I will just let him be for the current time.

• If he was smart, he would move his entire stack on Korea and then send his aircraft far enough away that you would be foolish to attack it and then he will most likely move them back to Korea. He already made the foolish mistake of sending aircraft to the east anyways, clearly he isn’t worried about Germany for whatever reason.

• He also build a Russian fleet (1 transporter, 1 destroyer and 1 carrier) in the Baltic and moved some mobile units into China. So it looks like he just wants to disrupt with Russia and just delay the Axis.

• '19 '17 '16

@Fatespinner:

He also build a Russian fleet (1 transporter, 1 destroyer and 1 carrier) in the Baltic and moved some mobile units into China. So it looks like he just wants to disrupt with Russia and just delay the Axis.

That is a pretty terrible buy. Worst I’ve ever heard of. This fleet would be smashed first turn Germany declares war. USSR can’t populate the CV and the Leningrad airbase at the same time.

• Yes. Maybe he thinks that his fleet (if he builds some more ships) will be strong enough to defend against the German Airforce, but he will never have enough troops to invade anything. Not sure what the goal of that move was.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

guess they are just learning, maphead G4d recently trying new stuff, I seriously contemplated buying a DD R5 to help the “Admiral Kunetzov” Cruiser with my luxury Russian income…and still didn’t do it in the face of the 10 nearby planes…

• Unpredictable moves and people keep the game interesting. Sometimes I wish I would more brave and test crazy moves.

• Except early Red Navy build is a wasted buy. The only reason why I would do it is if Germany went all in on Sea Lion and it failed so your army is equal to theirs and even then the Kreigsmarine is never a serious threat so unless USSR red navy is going for Italy or he is going to send them against Japan, it was a stupid buy.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m