• 2007 AAR League

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, I had already heard about this.

Seems the era or alarmism is on the decline and we are heading back into the brief periods of sanity between alarms again.  Figure we have 2 years of calming followed by 8 years of relative peace and then someone’s gunna say the world is freezing or something and we’ll be back here again in 12 years.

• Finally good to see someone showing Al Gore to be wrong.  Seriously I have no idea how that guy bases his arguments when it has been proven that 3 Volcaneos have produced more pollution then all of mankind has ever.  Seriously give global warming up.  If it does exist it is not caused by humans.  And if it is happening when is it going to happen so I can start buying good property in Canada.

I just find it hard to believe statements from a guy who A) Is not a scientist recognized by the global community and B) refuses to debate scientists who ARE recognized by the global community!

There are numerous agencies who would love to have a televised debate with Mr. Gore about his theory of Man-Made global warming.  Preferably on Prime Time on a Broadcast channel so everyone can watch Al Gore get humiliated by actual scientists with actual data.

• @Cmdr:

I just find it hard to believe statements from a guy who A) Is not a scientist recognized by the global community

Yet you take this judge’s word?  Interesting.

There is still more to this story:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2190770,00.html

@Jermofoot:

@Cmdr:

I just find it hard to believe statements from a guy who A) Is not a scientist recognized by the global community

Yet you take this judge’s word?  Interesting.

There is still more to this story:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2190770,00.html

Gee, I’d think you’d be congratulating me for not automatically assuming the judge was an immature child without the moral or ethical compass of a 4 year old for once. :P

Not even wasting time going to the “observer” to read more.  The ruling is 9 sufficient inaccuracies which, of course, is now resulting in a petition to get Al Gore’s movie stripped of it’s awards for best documentary.  (Documentaries have to be true, btw.  Which is why none of Michael Moore’s movies are listed under that category!)

Anyway, I heard a good one today!

Q: What peace did Al Gore bring to the world that warrants the Nobel Peace Prize?
    A: GREEN PEACE!

• 2007 AAR League

• “The school governor who challenged the screening of Al Gore’s climate change documentary in secondary schools was funded by a Scottish quarrying magnate who established a controversial lobbying group to attack environmentalists’ claims about global warming.”

thats not somethin g you can ignore. some of the conservatives here need to think a little harder. more good news:

"WASHINGTON - While some indicators have stabilized, the Arctic is seeing significant changes from warming temperatures and shrinking sea ice, the Bush administration said Wednesday in an annual report card on the region.

Sea ice fell well below the previous record, caribou are declining in many areas and permafrost is melting, according to the State of the Arctic report issued by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration." http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21347288/

I don’t care who challenged it or why, Smacktard.  All that matters is that a court found that the film was NOT factual and had many unfounded statements in it’s editorials that it tried to pass off as facts.

• 2007 AAR League

indeed.  :-D

does anyone know that the ice in the ANTarctic is the most its been on record.

• 2007 AAR League

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2007/10/antarctica-ice-cap-growth-reaches.html

and then….boom

http://www.gma.org/surfing/antarctica/antarctica.html

notice how the second states the science that melting ice caps in the arctic wont raise sea lever.  why?  b/c they float, and already displace as much water just floating on it.  them melting doesnt change a thing.  now greenland and antarctica are ice sheets on land, if they melt sea levels will go up.  but guess what, the antarctic ice is GROWING.

game set match…Science!

that and al gore is a moron…who invented the internet.  who won the nobel peace prize for telling half truths and outright lies.  and then contributing to the problem himself.  10 houses, give me a break.

• The arctic is made up of more than just floating ice. theres plenty of non-floating ice that can raise sea levels (only about three feet though in 100 years). the real danger is greenland and antarctica.

heres a take on increased snowfall in the antartic:

**Climate scientists have long suspected that warming the oceans around a very cold continent is likely to dramatically increase snowfall. Consider Antarctica. It’s plenty chilly, dozens of degrees below freezing, and it’s surrounded by water. The warmer the water, the greater the evaporation from its surface, and, obviously, the more moisture it contributes to the local atmosphere.

So, when this moisture gets swirled up by a common cyclone, do you think it’s going to fall as rain in Antarctica?** http://www.nrdc.org/globalWarming/qthinice.asp

the auithors of the article believe there are enough checks and balances in the climate to mitigate any damge humans caus to the environment. im not so sur on about that.

Greenland is the real troublespot thes days: Scientists believe Greenland’s glaciers are sliding into the ocean much faster than earlier thought, a new report says.
    The loss of ice from Greenland doubled between 1996 and 2005, as its glaciers flowed faster into the ocean in response to a generally warmer climate, according to a NASA/University of Kansas study.

http://www.physorg.com/news10948.html

• isn’t this a political discussion?

• 2007 AAR League

Are you the PD Police!?
    I’ve seen you say that in like 20 places by now … didn’t you quit being a moderator?!

If you actually looked it is clearly not unless the weather is political

@AJ:

Are you the PD Police!?
    I’ve seen you say that in like 20 places by now … didn’t you quit being a moderator?!

I concur.  Al Gore is a civilian, not a politician.  Also, global warming is a scientific, allegedly, issue.  Honestly, I think it is religious.  You need blind faith to believe the numbers pro-global warming alarmists produce.

• Are you the PD Police!?

for some reason whenever i try to type in these threads the final result changes to “isn’t that a political discussion”

I think my keyboard is messed up.

@Imperious:

Are you the PD Police!?

for some reason whenever i try to type in these threads the final result changes to “isn’t that a political discussion”

I think my keyboard is messed up.

Or the mods are messing with you. :)

• @AJ:

Are you the PD Police!?

Naw, I’d say Imperious is a concerned citizen.

Global warming is a scientific issue, but it’s also a political issue.

And seriously - I’ve seen forums degrade to the point where you see

ZOMGHAHHAHAAHHL OZOZLLROOZLLORLROFLROFLLOLZLZOLZLOZLZL!!!one!!catsup11!!! THAT was SUO FUNNEEH1!!! hahahasorrrr

U think I’m kiddin?  The future starts now!

roflCAPSLOCKLOLZ

@newpaintbrush:

@AJ:

Are you the PD Police!?

Naw, I’d say Imperious is a concerned citizen.

Global warming is a scientific issue, but it’s also a political issue.

And seriously - I’ve seen forums degrade to the point where you see

ZOMGHAHHAHAAHHL OZOZLLROOZLLORLROFLROFLLOLZLZOLZLOZLZL!!!one!!catsup11!!! THAT was SUO FUNNEEH1!!! hahahasorrrr

U think I’m kiddin?  The future starts now!

roflCAPSLOCKLOLZ

And it is a religious issue.  As in, the current extremists of the global warming crowd are members of an unorganized religion.

• I think you have to be religious in your political and scientific beliefs to unwaveringly believe that anyone against your opposing view is wrong/ignorant/part of an unorganize religious cult.  You’re an adult.  Grow up, act like a civilized person, own up to the fact that people think differently than yourself, move on.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m