• Well the Majestic is a Collosus carrier on crack which originate from UK.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

A unique destroyer and fighter sculpt for France would be nice since those are typically the only two units that survive after the first turn besides infantry. What I don’t get is why they used USSR sculpts as a base. In the event France is liberated and becomes relevant late-game, it’s perfectly logical they’d use UK and US equipment.

• @General:

A unique destroyer and fighter sculpt for France would be nice since those are typically the only two units that survive after the first turn besides infantry. What I don’t get is why they used USSR sculpts as a base. In the event France is liberated and becomes relevant late-game, it’s perfectly logical they’d use UK and US equipment.

I think USSR was specifically used because of how most of the time, USSR is just going to produce cheaper units due to them being unable to launch invasions until late game. It is clear they wanted to save money by being cheap with France.

• @General:

What I don’t get is why they used USSR sculpts as a base.

The four- five- and six-player Global 1940 dispositions for Global 1940 all assign the USSR and France to the same player, so that’s probably the reason: as a visual reflection of those pairings, illogical though it may be from a real-world equipment viewpoint.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

That’s another thing, how much fun can it be playing as two countries that get squashed and cornered/squashed by Germany? I would pair France with UK since the latter goes last among the Big Three Allies.

• Plus it doesn’t make sense to pair France with USSR under one player. If you want to get close, it should be US, ANZAC, France, and UK under one player. The big four and USSR with China. China in this case at this time was anti Communist but we know what will happen after the war.

• It’s the same reason why China doesn’t have its own fighter or artillery. They were just being cheap which is why I bought five artillery and the old p40 from the original AnA and painted them Chinese Green.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m