Please Read Before Opening your Anniversary Box 2017!

• For an example of an A&A map board covered with plexiglass (more specifically, non-glare acrylic), see my first post in this thread:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20658.0

• '17 '16 '15

Nice collection of threads CWO. Some pretty impressive stuff out there. The only limitations being time, money and space : )

• I too noticed some slight warp in my map boards however they are not that bad. My plan is the purchase a 2�x4� finished plywood board and a piece of plexiglass in the same dimensions, sandwich the map boards between and hold everything together by framing the sandwhich. There will be some boarder since the map dorado are not quite 2�x4�. Maybe a bit of wood stain and clear coat to give it a picture frame look. I�m still spitballing the particulars.

As to printing out a bigger map, IL’s map is a thing of beauty and I may go that route if it will be cheaper.

• @RABIDFOX50:

As to printing out a bigger map, IL’s map is a thing of beauty and I may go that route if it will be cheaper.

I doubt it would be cheaper than a sheet of plexiglass, but it would be better overall… to print a decent-sized map (note, it would be LARGER than the AA50 gameboard itself), you’re probably talking $100-ish (give or take)… a little more or less depending on just how big a printing you make… things to keep in mind when printing a map as an advantage over the OOB AA50 map:

1. it can/will be larger than the OOB map
    2. it won’t warp
    3. you can roll it up if you don’t want to make it part of a permanent board
    4. doesn’t require plexiglass
    5. no seams/cuts/splits in the map/board

• A couple of my nation boxes were slightly bent as well, but not enough for me to be worried about it. It’ll happen eventually.

• I got my replacement items for the damaged goods today. Took about 2 months

• I got my boxes as well. Guess they are back in stock for those wanting replacements.

• Received my copy of the game today…all 8 of my storage box tops are damaged … and I’m missing a Japanese transport ship (I think…the one with the smoke stacks)

Also game boards are all warped OOB (i have a heavy board game box on top trying to flatten them

I sent a request to customer service …

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '10

Well my first copy of it was not damaged.

The second two definitely were. I should check if the one I gave away at christmas was damaged too.

• I must say, I am currently both shocked and extremely excited. I filed a complaint and instead of just giving me replacement boards, they went ahead and sent me another game! It looks like I have 2 copies of Anniversary now  8-)

• Do the game boards always end up warped?

Or have they managed to fix the issue?

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

I haven’t seen any warping of my boards (yet).

For the records: my box arrived undamaged, although I still have to check the playing pieces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m