Please Read Before Opening your Anniversary Box 2017!

• '18 '17 '16

My game was not damaged in any way. They packed it properly with the cards on top. I bought it locally from a game store.

• '17 '16 '15

Thank You GHG. I Hope to report the same result in a couple weeks.

On a side note your Russia strategy you tube popped up on a page one google ( axis and allies ) search . Didn’t watch it yet but am looking forward to it. : )

• got mine from a FLGS and it was dented to hell and back.
    no outward signs, which is strange.
    nothing that impacts play, just doesn’t look great especially after spending $90.
    parts will be replaced eventually, which is great.
    I’d give your friend a heads up and let them know replacement parts will be available when the new shipment arrives.

on a side note, between this and what happened with A&A 1914, a QA person need s to be hired.
    also, how much money can they afford to lose with all this extra parts and shipping.

• QA in China just isn’t what it used to be…  :oops:

• '19 '18 '17 '16

I ordered mine from Amazon and they arrived in perfect condition.  I haven’t seen any warping of the map boards as of yet so I’ll keep an eye on that.

The 1914 game I purchased has warping boards and it is most annoying.  Downloaded IL’s 1914 map file and had it printed so I don’t have to deal with that anymore.  Hope I don’t have to do that with the Anniversary game (Who am I kidding, I’ll probably get a map printed anyway).

• '17 '16 '15

Pleased to say that the game arrived in good condition. Can see why there may be warpage. The boards are noticeably thinner than 30 years ago. Also didn’t realize it is a 3 piece board.

Might go with a 3/4" interior AC ply as a backer (apply with contact cement maybe ?). Cost as much as the game but I just don’t see the boards holding up. Buddy is in a semi arid zone, so maybe not as big a issue in wetter climes.

Box itself was a little sketch (not completely true/flat) as well as shipping container. Didn’t open the plastic dudes up but looked at them all. Seemed okay. Put it all back together with a few pieces of clear tape so the recipient can still get the Christmas rush of opening it up.

Overall, high marks here. Almost didn’t buy it after reading this thread. Glad I did.

• Disciplinary Group Banned

My friend got his game with no damage.

However after he set his game up, 24 hours later his game boards was warp a quarter of a inch.

:-( :-( :-(

• '17 '16 '15

those boards are pretty thin. Bummer about the warp

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '18 Customizer

Updates: WotC has been responsive and great. They asked for a full list of defective pieces and now say replacements are coming. Still proud to support the game and to get a copy, but these really were some serious issues, considering the $100 price tag.

• I sent them an e-mail with all the pictures I took of my defects, will this work or not?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '18 Customizer

• Thank you very much for the help! I sent them an e-mail let me know that replacements will be here in a few weeks. Their customer service was great!

• Disciplinary Group Banned

I just received my game with that cardboard divider on top, and my game has no damage.  8-) 8-) 8-)

• @Dauvio:

I just received my game with that cardboard divider on top, and my game has no damage.  8-) 8-) 8-)

The cardboard divider is always on top… it’s how they stacked it BELOW the cardboard divider that matters (and a little luck during shipment from China or wherever).

• @barney:

Pleased to say that the game arrived in good condition. Can see why there may be warpage. The boards are noticeably thinner than 30 years ago. Also didn’t realize it is a 3 piece board.

Might go with a 3/4" interior AC ply as a backer (apply with contact cement maybe ?). Cost as much as the game but I just don’t see the boards holding up.

might I make a suggestion regarding your board?

I would get a 1/4" plexiglass the size of the assembled map to put on top when you play.  This will keep the board in place (3 pieces can move sometimes) and protect it from wear of moving pieces about or the accidental spillage…

good gaming!

• New member here however I’ve been playing A&A for many years. I still have the original box game I bought in 1985. I just got the Anniversary edition off Amazon and the same thing others have commented on has happened to me. Damage to the interior boxes but no other damage observed. More like indents and slight creases really. I plan on using Plano 3500 series tackle boxes as they are the prefect fit for the country pieces and a 3600 box for the other pieces.

• '17 '16 '15

@axis_roll:

@barney:

Might go with a 3/4" interior AC ply as a backer (apply with contact cement maybe ?). Cost as much as the game but I just don’t see the boards holding up.

might I make a suggestion regarding your board?

I would get a 1/4" plexiglass the size of the assembled map to put on top when you play.  This will keep the board in place (3 pieces can move sometimes) and protect it from wear of moving pieces about or the accidental spillage…

good gaming!

That’s a good idea axis_roll. i wonder how to trim the edges ? Maybe some camo duct tape ? Just to keep the raw edge covered a little. Suppose could run 5/4 board through the table saw and make a frame. Throw some gussets on the corners and dress them up with some sort of A&A stickers. : )

Hi RABIDFOX50 Welcome to the Boards. Good idea with the tackle boxes. Keep everything nice and tidy : )

• Or, just print the map and not worry about board warping and split maps…

Map files are here:
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=23325.0

• @barney:

That’s a good idea axis_roll. i wonder how to trim the edges ? Maybe some camo duct tape ? Just to keep the raw edge covered a little. Suppose could run 5/4 board through the table saw and make a frame. Throw some gussets on the corners and dress them up with some sort of A&A stickers. : )

There’s no limit to how fancy you want to go!  My initial thought was quick and dirty and the most frugal.  My friend does the same with his board (Plexiglas) when I play at his place.  I have my printed (larger) board under glass, built into a table.

The edges on his table do not pose a problem/issue, so you can try it first (without any ‘upgrades’) and fix it later if you find an issue.

I know I have seen many a beautiful A&A board created (in person and online)

• '17 '16 '15

right on sounds way nice. Would be sweet for conventions. “The Anniversary table is ready” lol Or a restaurant “I would like to reserve the Global table for 5”  : )

My latest thought was to make a panel. Then you could just turn it on edge and store it like a old foldout card table.

Yea if nothing else definitely a piece of plexi. Rather have the cigarette burns and  spills on it for sure

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m