Tired of the Trolling which I guess is okay with most members here

• Don’t leave the forum, Wolfshanze . You contribute a lot and are well liked. You care about A&A, which is why we are all here.
    I am truly sorry you feel harassed and am sorry we could not support you fully.
    We are Trying .
    Please reconsider.

Garg, Lord Curt, Bob (I did not know about the idiot calling,sorry.), Variance and anyone else:
    this is not acceptable. We do not sanction trolling or scaring off of any of our members.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Wittmann is right.  We are just teasing you Wolf.  No one wants you to quit.  Please stay on and either ignore us or dish it out back at us.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@variance:

Wittmann is right.  We are just teasing you Wolf.  No one wants you to quit.  Please stay on and either ignore us or dish it out back at us.

Well he dishes it out all the time; just look at the post history.  Taking a ribbing is a different story though.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Oh well if that’s case, then carry on gentlemen

• '19 '17 '16

I suspect Putin is to blame this!!!

• @wittmann:

Garg, Lord Curt, Bob (I did not know about the idiot calling,sorry.), Variance and anyone else:
    this is not acceptable. We do not sanction trolling or scaring off of any of our members.

Well he dishes it out all the time; just look at the post history.  Taking a ribbing is a different story though.

I call bullcrap! This is the first time i’ve ever said anything negative about wolf. He can insult and mock, but you wanna say something to me for calling him on his hypocrisy!
    Eat it

#istandwithbob77

• Disciplinary Group Banned

I know it doesn’t pay to get on a member’s bad side. We just have to change our tune.

• #EatIt!  No sprinkles for you! Lol

• '17 '16 '15

@Gargantua:

@variance:

heh heh know a lot folks who can dish it out but can’t take it.

@barney:

@Gargantua:

@variance:

heh heh know a lot folks who can dish it out but can’t take it.

Reminds me of a Purple Dinosaur I once knew…

• I would have gone with a flintstone reference, if I were to go there.

• It all started in Toronto.

It was Colonel Mustard, in the kitchen with a UK piece skulpt.

• You know, I haven’t been on here long but it seems to me like people get upset over just about anything. One of the most interesting things about the forum is the “trolling” which makes for an interesting read. Too many people leaving for not really good reasons. Sad to see.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Some of the behavior is harassment.  The bickering is just internet nonsense that comes from people having too much energy to waste.  YG and I spoke about this on the phone yesterday;  its clearly affecting the site and some people are harassing members on the wider internet.  The pot-stirring doesn’t help either.

@Requester45:

You know, I haven’t been on here long but it seems to me like people get upset over just about anything. One of the most interesting things about the forum is the “trolling” which makes for an interesting read. Too many people leaving for not really good reasons. Sad to see.

You’re right -  Curtmungus almost got banned once for saying “you don’t have the balls”  Balls being the term considered as an utmost offence.  I really don’t think that’s reasonable.  This is the internet after all!

Bottom line - Aren’t we all here just to have fun and a good time?  Have a few laughs? sing a couple of songs?  Play some Axis and Allies?

Especially in General discussion. My understanding is this a reasonably safe zone to talk about anything; and play devils advocate when someone pushes the envelope.

Banter generally does not appear beyond the borders of General Discussion; else its considered off topic.  The only rare exception is some of the WWII history discussion tend to look down the dark roads of apologism…

• '18 '17 '16

@taamvan:

Some of the behavior is harassment.   The bickering is just internet nonsense that comes from people having too much energy to waste.   YG and I spoke about this on the phone yesterday;  its clearly affecting the site and some people are harassing members on the wider internet.   The pot-stirring doesn’t help either.

I agree with you on that one, taamvan. Some of it goes too far to the point of becoming harassment.

I bought myself a computer about 12 years ago and decided to join the online community. It didn’t take very long to realize that there individuals online who acted in a way that they would never act in the real world. I told myself that I would never become one of those people and that I would be the same person online that I was in the real world. Unfortunately, no matter where you go on the internet, you will find people who are more than willing to dishonour themselves and act in a way that would, quite frankly, get them black eye if they ever tried that face to face. When you think about it, what a cowardly way to live your life. Pretending to be something that you aren’t because you can get away with it.

I’ve been a member of other sites that have imploded and descended into utter chaos because of a small number of these dishonourable people. Those sites don’t exist anymore because the gatekeepers let it get to the point where nobody wanted to be there anymore and left for the seemingly endless number of other places where they could spend their time elsewhere on the internet. Not everyone would leave but the sites would have so few members left that those left would eventually get bored and stop going there too.

Debate is good. The odd spat is unavoidable. Continued harassment of members by other members is something that shouldn’t be acceptable to anyone who cares about the community that they have chosen to spend their free time with. Pointing fingers at each other and saying “but he said…but he started it!” will get us nowhere here. The only person who can stop you from dishonouring yourself is you. The choice is very easy. What kind of person are you?

• Disciplinary Group Banned

@GeneralHandGrenade:

@taamvan:

Some of the behavior is harassment.   The bickering is just internet nonsense that comes from people having too much energy to waste.   YG and I spoke about this on the phone yesterday;  its clearly affecting the site and some people are harassing members on the wider internet.   The pot-stirring doesn’t help either.

I agree with you on that one, taamvan. Some of it goes too far to the point of becoming harassment.

I bought myself a computer about 12 years ago and decided to join the online community. It didn’t take very long to realize that there individuals online who acted in a way that they would never act in the real world. I told myself that I would never become one of those people and that I would be the same person online that I was in the real world. Unfortunately, no matter where you go on the internet, you will find people who are more than willing to dishonour themselves and act in a way that would, quite frankly, get them black eye if they ever tried that face to face. When you think about it, what a cowardly way to live your life. Pretending to be something that you aren’t because you can get away with it.

I’ve been a member of other sites that have imploded and descended into utter chaos because of a small number of these dishonourable people. Those sites don’t exist anymore because the gatekeepers let it get to the point where nobody wanted to be there anymore and left for the seemingly endless number of other places where they could spend their time elsewhere on the internet. Not everyone would leave but the sites would have so few members left that those left would eventually get bored and stop going there too.

Debate is good. The odd spat is unavoidable. Continued harassment of members by other members is something that shouldn’t be acceptable to anyone who cares about the community that they have chosen to spend their free time with. Pointing fingers at each other and saying “but he said…but he started it!” will get us nowhere here. The only person who can stop you from dishonouring yourself is you. The choice is very easy. What kind of person are you?

I like your philosophy GeneralHandGrenade, and yes people act some what different on the internet.

• '17 '16

Does Wolf is really quitting the forum?

I don’t play on Triple A with other members, do you you know if people are too harsh against other player?
    This colonel or general discussion seems just a place to blow steam off with a little humor.

I did not see that much against him.

Too bad, I feel like isolated incident make people quite this forum.

• I tried my best to talk him out of it. I don’t want to lose members who contribute.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m