• @Baron:

I know you don’t have such privilege.
    But, if you present a good case and method to clean overloaded forum, maybe DJ might accept.
    With War room, he is probably going to work on A&A forum framework, anyway.

For instance, Global thread may be cleaned up by separating 2nd Edition rules and strategy thread from all past Alpha rules and First Edition rules and strategy threads.

Indeed, I am aware of that. But for good reason I am always careful commenting on requests for structural changes.
    We will see…

• @Baron:

And, as a player of 1942.2, I’m gonna be annoyed to see a lot of War Room threads dumped into HR.
    It is not a way to keep things clean and organized.

Misplaced postings will be moved, as you know. You know how to address this to the moderators.
    Again, we do not and cannot monitor all of the forum 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• Bob77: I don’t think you have contacted me about any of this.
    I am happy to unsticky old, unused , threads, but we wouldn’t delete people’s posts .
    I am sure this is something that Djensen would not want either.

As Panther says, however,  please suggest what you would like to see done  and Djensen can decide.

• '17 '16

@P@nther:

@Baron:

And, as a player of 1942.2, I’m gonna be annoyed to see a lot of War Room threads dumped into HR.
    It is not a way to keep things clean and organized.

Misplaced postings will be moved, as you know. You know how to address this to the moderators.
    Again, we do not and cannot monitor all of the forum 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Panther,
    in the specific case I’m talking, it is moderators who will move threads from 1914 or War room into Houserule because the opening post would be talking about tweaking set-up, for instance.

Simply applying A&A.org politics on HR. Instead of cleaning, this politics will not help.
    Larry Harris games franchise is growing, A&A.org have to accordingly.

• Baron,

you can nevertheless contact me the ususal way if you feel something is wrong.

However, I have no idea what threads you are talking about, but we have clearly defined rules concerning House Rules:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40353.0

So 1914 houserules (non-official tweaks are house rules) do belong there!

War Room does not, as it is not Axis and Allies. Though it is difficult to correctly place it at the moment, as I admit, so there might not be any better place just now.

But as already discussed we might have a solution for War Room soon.

Also be very careful about saying “moderators who will move” in this special case.
    The only moderators actively moving threads at the moment are wittmann and me.
    And I - for sure - have no idea what you are talking about.
    Maybe you can point me out by PM which recent thread you consider being incorrectly placed there?
    At a first glance I can’t see any related topics there - but you are way more familiar with the House Rules subforum than I am.

@Baron:

No dissent here.

• '17 '16

@P@nther:

Baron,

you can nevertheless contact me the ususal way if you feel something is wrong.

However, I have no idea what threads you are talking about, but we have clearly defined rules concerning House Rules:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=40353.0

So 1914 houserules (non-official tweaks are house rules) do belong there!

War Room does not, as it is not Axis and Allies. Though it is difficult to correctly place it at the moment, as I admit, so there might not be any better place just now.

But as already discussed we might have a solution for War Room soon.

Also be very careful about saying “moderators who will move” in this special case.
    The only moderators actively moving threads at the moment are wittmann and me.
    And I - for sure - have no idea what you are talking about.
    Maybe you can point me out by PM which recent thread you consider being incorrectly placed there?
    At a first glance I can’t see any related topics there - but you are way more familiar with the House Rules subforum than I am.

@Baron:

No dissent here.

Maybe I don’t understand properly this rule:

• Threads that start with House Rules but are opened in a game-specific forum will be moved to House Rules

However we understand the desire for better identifying which original game is behind which house rules. For this we ask everybody creating a thread in the House Rules subforum to assign a prefix to the title of his thread representing the original game the idea derived from:

[1914]

From my POV, House rule will remain big piles (pages) of disorderly classified threads.

• So the report to mod button is useless. Good to know.
    Still dont know if you can child board under global FAQ.
    Not much point for me to try to clean up if we cant delete. It is frustrating to have to go through 150 pages and keep seeing the same q&a. There are a lot of people that bluntly stated they arnt sifting through that mess, so sorry if its being asked again.
    Im not asking for unique things to be deleted, just redundant stuff. And obsolete…who cares about fmg free shipping for christmas 2012!?!
    Alas, the mods have spoken.

• @Baron:

From my POV, House rule will remain big piles (pages) of disorderly classified threads.

No dissent here either, at least we have a classification of threads now.  :wink:

• @Bob77:

So the report to mod button is useless. Good to know.

Is it? We will test it as soon as possible!

Best way to contact moderators is by PM, please.

• '17 '16

I sent a few Reports to both of you guys.

You may see if it works or not.

BTW, just take a look at 1914 forum, and ask for yourself :
    how moving all these HR threads into HouseRule forum, will help the 1914 community players?

For my part, I prefer to read them all into this 1914 Forum.

Even a special bracket like: [1914 House Rule] meaning that is thread is wholly talking about House Rule, seems more appropriate.

I’m not quite sure that moving all these threads will be the answer at all to clean up the forum.

I’m not asking you to do it either.
    Just to keep it on ice, for further discussions with DJensen.

• Disciplinary Group Banned

We should have the capability to delete our own post, and comments from other post.

I know I would like to delete some of mine.

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

• '17 '16

You can edit all your posts.
    And erase any post of yours, except the opening post of a thread because it would have erased all posts and whole thread.

@Baron:

You can edit all your posts.
    And erase any post of yours, except the opening post of a thread because it would have erased all posts and whole thread.

I also would like to delete some comments off from my post.

• The top right of each of you entries should have edit button

@Bob77:

The top right of each of you entries should have edit button

Thanks Bob77.

• Is that chinese 1940 green or uk revised 2004 green, you put my name in? I prefer french blue lol…no problem dude!!

• Just came across this. How many times do you see this when you’re looking for something?

"Dashofpepper

Sea Lion Discussion
    « on: October 20, 2017, 10:14:55 am »
    Hey folks!

The search function isn’t so useful, and I scrolled through 7 pages looking for any recent discussion on sea lion before making this, so if there is already a discussion like this, I apologize."

If I took the time to compile all the howto sea lion posts, it wouldn’t do squat to make it easier to find because all the original posts would still be around.

• Founder TripleA Admin

For reasons I won’t go into in detail (until after the change), I need to somewhat urgently migrate this forum to the new software plus SSL. I know I’ve been talking about it for years but now it’s time.

The new software will have a better search function and tags, which will allow for a better ontology for finding and discovering stuff.

• We love DJ…We love DJ!!!

Hmm…I look crazy when I’m the only one chanting.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Don’t do it!  I will lose my heritage having joined in 2001!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m