AAMRE: Axis and Allies Modern Revised Edition

• Looks cool, I’ll try to play it soon

I was wondering though if you were going to fix any of the geographical mistakes in the map, like Jordan bordering the Mediterrianean and Tibet being impassable. Also what is the reason for not giving some oil producing countries oil feilds.

Also, besides making Veitnam one country, what other changes( espeisally IPC changes) are you going to make to the map in the more modern scenarios.

• I will make the map in other versions… possibly. I split Vietnam so that it could be a trouble spot and to allow for latter scenarios which DON’T require another print of the map.

The oil fields could be changed. they only represent areas of importance because the rules specifically involve reasons for invading or (protecting) some of these and if their were too many of these players would then be able to avoid having a reason for invasion and choose a safer alternative plan. I don’t want this and thats why i don’t just have all sorts of oil fields. Tibet should be passable but i don’t like shortcuts to south east Asia so i think it should stay as it is.

The module was meant to be uber playable rather than HISTORICAL

• You guys might want to check out the ‘Drop Shot’ series of DTP games.

They are on Board Game Geek.

They are hex based, but not very complex - but they have a nice mechanic of having a tactical map for the USSR/USA face off in Europe, but a strategic map where you can play globally, and luanch your nukes and bombers etc - as well as make the broad military moves of plonking a corps in the Middle East etc.

The strategic rules are nice - might translate into Axis and Allies.

The only difficulty with Axis and Allies is that WWIII would largly be decided in the france space!

Yes kill those white flag carrying, Surrendering to themselves, wimps

• Hey, IL,  I am not sure if your still interested in this project but, you never made the 1985, 1991, and present setups, and I am sure you would want to base them off the AA50 map

anyways, I just had an idea the other day for doing chemical weapons, most armies today have protection against such weapons, but the systems that keep soldeirs safe do inhibt their ability to fight and move

so one way of doing chemical weapons would be for them to target indivdiual units and keep them from fighting or moving that turn, or combat round

• I think i finished that game. I did the set ups and finished.

I was waiting on playtesting before going on to other scenarios.

• so you dont like my take on chemical warfare?

i thaught it would be good to have a unit that didnt just (surprise! surprise!) kill other units

anyways, how much playtesting of this is going on?

dont you think you should have a version of this for AA:50, i think it would more accesible if there was not as much board modification and new units could be represented with a national roundel underneath it

• refresh me on your rule. its been a while.

also i have only played like 3 games. I require many more plays before tinkering with it in new versions.

• my idea for chemical warfare was that instead of chemical weapons killing other peice, they would keep ground and airunits from moving/paticipating in combat, but i am not sure exactly

the reason for this is it adds a unit that plays its own role and it is more accuarte, since armies in the 60s armies had protection against chemical weapons, however maintaining that defence would keep units units moving and fighting effieceintly

since it does not seem like you are playtesting this that much i was thinking that a new variant based on AA:50 would get more attention, and if it did not have that many map changes it would be more accesible for people to play test.

• bump

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@Brain:

Someone has been digging in the archives.

Hmm, I think this is my fault. I resurrected the idea after buying some modern Table Tactics pieces on closeout.

• IL  where did you get thoses oil derricks

• Wildcatter boardgame

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m