• Wow, been sometime.  I have been busy with school.  I will see about updating this info when I get some free time.

• @Nuclear:

There is an option to play with cards.  These cards activate neutrals, and other abilities.  Here are just 2 of the many that I have created:

The cards are nice.

I wish they did this for the N/As in the game - much easier to keep track of who is using what at any given time.

• Anyhow, now that college is coming to an end for the semester, I shall have time to test out the map and come up with a set up sheet and all.  It is a good thing I work at a business where there is a big ploting machine, so I can print maps from it at little to no cost.

Anyhow back to the point.  Plan on testing it out hopefully, and finding a balance which makes the game fun to play.

• @Imperious:

If you make a copy of the map available i can provide some input on this.

Check the message that I sent you on the forum.

• I like those card options. I was thinking on how one to use the card driven game machanic for A&A.

I’m not sure if anyone here has played a CDG before like “Paths of Glory WW1”, “Barbarosa to Berlin WW2”, “The Napoleonic wars” or “Sword of Rome”. But, everthing you do is based on the cards in your hand. If you want to move a unit you have to use a card. When you battle, cards in your hand may give you an advantage. There are event cards that reflect what happened in history but the time there are played may not be historical. There are  respond cards that negate or cancel a previous played card.

Cards act as resources and you have to manage them well, because, once you are out of them you may be in trouble. The geneal idea is that you can’t do everything you want in one turn. Like, “Do I activate this army to attack a key city or do I use the event to gain an advantage the next turn”. Things like that.

I’ll post some additional ideas later.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m