• Haven’t played for a while… And I am currently only observing Revised games… When I come back from my holiday, can you explain TripleA to me? That program is very useful IMO…

• @ncscswitch:

I see Bashir gaining 2 wins…

:mrgreen:

This not about who wins or not.  This is an experiment to see if the Axis can win with no bid.  From my experience they win pretty often.  So I am interested to see if it is just the people I play against or perhaps I have a very efficent game strategy that allows for it to happen.

• @Nuclear:

@ncscswitch:

This not about who wins or not.  This is an experiment to see if the Axis can win with no bid.  From my experience they win pretty often.  So I am interested to see if it is just the people I play against or perhaps I have a very efficent game strategy that allows for it to happen.

OK Nuclear, I have to be honest here…

2 years ago when I joined these boards, I came in with some pretty grandiose claims regarding Classic.  I was a hell of a player and almost never lost a game (and never lost to the best the Hasbro AI could throw at me).  I was pretty cocky.

Then I had something like 7 straight losses on these boards… got my butt handed to me as I observed highly refined strats from some folks who REALLY knew what they were doing, and they used those strats to mop up the game board with me.

I did eventually win a few games of Classic, but I have switched exclusively to playing Revised now, because there is more flexibility in it.

Bashir and Darth are two of the best Classic gamers I have ever observed (though i have seen far more of Darth’s games than Bashir’s).  And I will tell you this…
    IF you go into a game against either one of them as the Axis without a bid in the low 20’s, it will be a VERY short game for you (as it was for me…)

• DM is way better than I am… Actually most I know about classic is what I observed in games on this forum and especially Darth’s games and I even learned a lot from AS…(how weird it may sound, but behind all that trashtalk he had some very good ideas about the game) But if you still want to play I am game. We can even play with a normal bid, but if you are used to winning as the Axis, without a bid, it may be some sort experimental match as well…

We will see if I am back from my holiday.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I said I see 22 usually.  I never said I bid that.  When forced into playing Classic, I usually bid 40 IPC (10 Infantry, 2 Armor in E. Europe) so I can be guaranteed the allies. =)

• Nuclear I am back from my vacation. Do you still want to play?

• I guess we won’t play anymore…

• @ncscswitch:

@Nuclear:

@ncscswitch:

OK Nuclear, I have to be honest here…

2 years ago when I joined these boards, I came in with some pretty grandiose claims regarding Classic.  I was a hell of a player and almost never lost a game (and never lost to the best the Hasbro AI could throw at me).  I was pretty cocky.

Then I had something like 7 straight losses on these boards… got my butt handed to me as I observed highly refined strats from some folks who REALLY knew what they were doing, and they used those strats to mop up the game board with me.

I did eventually win a few games of Classic, but I have switched exclusively to playing Revised now, because there is more flexibility in it.

Bashir and Darth are two of the best Classic gamers I have ever observed (though i have seen far more of Darth’s games than Bashir’s).  And I will tell you this…
    IF you go into a game against either one of them as the Axis without a bid in the low 20’s, it will be a VERY short game for you (as it was for me…)

Hi everyone I’m pretty new to this but I’m a veteran A&A player I just bought the revised boardgame and plan to play it soon with a group me and my brother want to start as like a weekly thing.

That’s beside the point.

I’ve played the computer game against the AI/Humans and I played the hell out of the old boardgame I’ll say that I think I’m pretty good.

That being said I’ve gotta say that I’ve heard a billion frickin’ times that Russia is too strong, or Germany’s too strong, and even gave player’s in groups I’ve played in a million house advantages and they still lost.

Bottom line is that some people suck and will literally quit after losing Karelia or Ukraine….all I can say is cowboy up, be a different country, or quit crying about it.

Every nation in the game has advantages and disadvantages I love the game wether I win or lose and with truly good players I can sometimes see the point. but I can’t stand those players that always have to be Russia or Germany and claim that the rules made them lose

• Sure… That was a lot of strategic input from your side. If you are so tough to play without any alterations of the rules you can be the axis and I will play allies… See who is whining after the game…

• Frankly I’m new to this whole website.

I used to play all the time usually twice a week a long time ago. We had a regular group and very often we would get some guy that would say he could beat the tar out of all of us.

These various players usually had some Rommel, Goering, or Communist complex and thought that by playing a game of A&A was somehow going to prove that they could have saved the world if they had only been there.

Maybe everyone I played just sucked, I sucked, or all of us sucked but it just never seemed to make a difference wether or not Russia was restricted or not. Most of the strategies that I had seen used involved a couple of rounds of build-up by the Russian player.

Long story short…. by the end of the game I usually had a pissed off Russia or Germany claiming that we should have or should have not used the Russia restricted rule…therefore I absolutely hate the Russia Restricted Rule.

Usually when I played as Russia I used the first one or two turns building up my western front and used my naval units as cannon fodder for the sake of the UK.

No offense ment I just have bad memories of that rule…LOL

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

rgtmoder:

It’s not a matter of Russia or Germany being too strong.  Russia Restricted is really designed so that E. Europe and the Baltic Fleet doesn’t die. (I’ve even gone berserk and had Russia hit Algeria on Russia 1 as well.)

By restricting what Russia can and cannot do, (ie not being able to attack at all) you reduce the amount of money the axis need to level the playing field.

• @Nuclear:

Game then  8-)

You play axis with no bids, no Russia restricted or any other house rule. No tech. ADS or Low Luck is up to you.

Get your triplea installed if you haven’t got it already, and get your hamachi network online, then we’re good to go  :mrgreen:

• I already offered him that, but he never responded :P

• @Bashir:

I already offered him that, but he never responded :P

You challenged him first, so maybe you get to beat him before I can have that pleasure  :-)

• you also have to consider the fact that Germany usually keeps all five fighters with RR vs losing 2-3 without RR

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m