• '21 '20 '18 '17

UK Krieg Plan
    Prerequisites;
    Taranto Full (1DD 1 CA 1 CV 1 TB 2(3) FIG 1 SB)
    Taranto Lite (1 DD 1 CA 1 TB 3 FIG 1 SB and hopefully 1-2 SUBS) Saves carrier for later ops.  Probably too dangerous to try if they can scramble or without a bid.

Germany Buys?;
    2 SB 1 Sub (Economic War.  Krieg = Green)
    Anything but above or below (Krieg = Yellow)
    2 TT 1 CV (Sea Lion; Krieg = Red)

Kreig Plan - 
    Hold Africa
    Build and maintain a fleet for Med/Indian Ops
    Contain Italy, Constrain Japan, Maintain UK wealth for the long game

UK  1  Buy = 1 TT 1 Art 1 Armor (or SB) for South Africa.  Use the remaining 11 to defend UK (1 inf, 2 art) or save the money.

Moves = Do Taranto.  Land surviving planes on Syria 2 inf 1 tb 1 sb.  Destroy Italians in East Africa, Activate Sumatra and/or Persia.

UK 2 =  1 art (or armor) 1 infantry for Africa.  Use remaining 21-32 to build a UK ATL force to defend your transports in the Atl, or get a Carrier, Battleship or Strategic Bomber off Africa.

Moves = Prep the shuck for SA, exchanging Egypt TT for SA TT.  Attempt to mop up Italians, break their bonuses.  French and Americans Join off Gibraltar.

UK 3  =  Buy = 1 infantry, 1 arty and whichever big piece you didn’t buy the previous 2 rounds.  Most of your money should be spent now, on Africa buys and defense of London, if necessary.

Moves = mop up the Italian fleets and armies.  Move your fleet to SZ 80 and defend India or attack Italy.

UK 4 = Africa should be pretty secure and surviving mobile units are moving towards  Iraq, which Russia can take.

Russia can be passing through with 2 inf 1 armor 3 mech, they get to Egypt and own Iraq if this is the direction you went. 
    India has 14+ men 2 AAA 2 fighters 2 artillery 2 mechs 1 armor plus a Grand Fleet and 7 income.   
    India Fleet has 1 BB 1 CV 2 FIG 1 CA 1 DD with 1 DD in the Med. and 1 SB 1 TB 1 FIG on Persia.

Moves = Own the med, Move to Moscow’s rescue, Build an MiC, position against the Axis.  .

Pros;  No extra factories are needed.  UK income and UK PAR are better protected than in most games. 
    Cons;  Not the fastest way to pump UK income into Russia (Persia is), cannot be done if your homeland is under pressure.  Doesn’t directly address Russia until UK 6.

• TripleA

Germany can hit syria with 4 bomber 1 fighter 1 tact.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

That would sure rain on my parade.  :-(  If that were a threat, the air units can be split between Cyprus, Syria and Malta to avoid putting all eggs in one basket.  That’s if they even survive.

• '17

An advantage of your plan is that no Persian factory means less incentive for German tank/mechs to come down to Persia.

Are you still buying a factory for Cairo?

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@taamvan:

That would sure rain on my parade.   :-(   If that were a threat, the air units can be split between Cyprus, Syria and Malta to avoid putting all eggs in one basket.  That’s if they even survive.

If it’s worth it, you might consider reinforcing Syria with the mech from Egypt and planes from India. Problem is of course that those planes can’t make it back to India next turn, so it may weaken India too much.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Ichabod; I don’t like the Cairo factory, if the Axis are somehow powering up in the Med, they can take it.  If they aren’t and UK is in charge of Africa, its too far from the front line, Iraq or Persia would be better–but the best solution I think is to use Canada and South Africa which lessens the pain of being strategic bombed.  That also means getting some defense in place in the UK or wiping out the German navy somehow.  UK money is pretty low in this version so you can’t afford to power a factory and get big somewhere else.

Yes, Herr, in most of our games I’m searching for things for that air pair to do and the mobile units.  I want a wave of armor to pour out of the middle east, and the carrier can help bridge the air back, however you got it.

Last night, Maphead hit my transport in sz 81? landing in Italian somalialand which I was leaving for the Russians. Ugh

• '17

@taamvan:

Ichabod; I don’t like the Cairo factory, if the Axis are somehow powering up in the Med, they can take it.   If they aren’t and UK is in charge of Africa, its too far from the front line, Iraq or Persia would be better–but the best solution I think is to use Canada and South Africa which lessens the pain of being strategic bombed.  That also means getting some defense in place in the UK or wiping out the German navy somehow.  UK money is pretty low in this version so you can’t afford to power a factory and get big somewhere else.

Yes, Herr, in most of our games I’m searching for things for that air pair to do and the mobile units.   I want a wave of armor to pour out of the middle east, and the carrier can help bridge the air back, however you got it.Â

Last night, Maphead hit my transport in sz 81? landing in Italian somalialand which I was leaving for the Russians. Ugh

I prefer an Iraq or Persia factory too…just thought you were going without one.
    You said in this version the UK doesn’t have much money, what version are you talking about. My comments are related to G40.

• TripleA

I like factory iran, egypt, and iraq if I am not giving it to Russia. (which I still send a mech to ethiopia just cause).  I like it all. :)

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Ichabod; I mean G40, my point is that the split income and large scale of Global makes 28$ a smaller amount than ever before–-smaller relative to the Axis (70! 60!)  in this version and smaller than the effective and actual income of UK in other versions (30!)

Cow;  Yes, as many as possible.  If you can fuel that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m