Submarines being able to attack land

• '17 '16

@Imperious:

OK: attacks and defends @4, moves 3 spaces, SB @4, takes 2 hits, carry’s 2 planes, 2 infantry, shoots at tanks, 1 shot at every plane, can capture capitals, and costs 6 IPC.

5%474807374-67584(665656)-6565698696453722-2=1#$%^&*(=n/a).

Thats a sub i can buy!!

On one side, a little IL’s special Submarine…

One the other Vann battlequad mothership:
    @Dauvio:

“This is VANN (Victory Allies National News) reporting.
    We have our battleships, we may have our dreadnoughts, but now we have our Battlequad ships!!! C50 M4 A6 D6.
    We are at the VANN Weapons Industry with Dauvio Vann himself. He will explain what the battlequad can do, Dauvio?”

"Thanks DV. It can carry four planes. It has destroyer, and sub abilities. It can do shore bombardment without a amphibious landing. It takes four hits to sink it.

It is a mobile industrial complex for infantry. You move next to a territory, the next turn you can produce the number of infantry that is equal to the value of the territory.

If you get one hit, it’s M3 A5 D5.
    The second hit is M2 A4 D4.
    The third hit is M1 A3 D3.
    The forth hit, you’re sunk.

You can go to any industrial complex, and repair it. It can’t repair itself, and the battlequad can’t repair ships. Since it’s so expensive you can go through the lend-lease program to get a battlequad."

“Wow, and thanks for the interview Dauvio Vann!!! There you have it, the battlequad, the ship of all ships, Get one today before they run out!!! VANN news signing off now.”

Bets are opened…

• @Baron:

@Caesar:

I might even abandon this idea, I am trying to add rules without adding actual new units. Like Japan creating the famous sub “carriers” that would launch a single fighter. They were going to use this to destroy the Panama Canal.

Try it as a special Tech…

That’s the problem though, I try to create ideas based on abilities during WWII. Something like this isn’t tech related because Submarines already had deck gun to begin with.

• @Imperious:

Subs having the ability to shoot land units is sound. I would add in AA capability ( getting one shot at every plane) and i would also add shore-bombardment capabilities, and lastly subs should get SBR capability. I would make them 4-4-2-6 units and they take 2 hits to sink. This would be commensurate with the capabilities of some planned sub that was in the planning stage. Thank You.

Jules Verne actually described such a vehicle in his 1904 novel Master of the World.  It was capable of operating as a submarine, a speedboat, an automobile, or an aircraft, switching from one mode of operation to the other as needed.  As an automobile, it could travel two or three times faster than the fastest trains of the period.  Its inventor, who was planning to use it to conquer the world, called it “The Terror”.

• '17 '16

@Imperious:

OK: attacks and defends @4, moves 3 spaces, SB @4, takes 2 hits, carry’s 2 planes, 2 infantry, shoots at tanks, 1 shot at every plane, can capture capitals, and costs 6 IPC.

I think this will finally solve the problem that SS’s friends have with unrealistic sub rules in the game… I think his friends can all agree, this is far more realistic.

• Finally !  :-D :-D :-D :-D

• We will call this new unit SEAVIEW RULES after that sub in Voyage to the bottom of the Sea:

• @Imperious:

We will call this new unit SEAVIEW RULES after that sub in Voyage to the bottom of the Sea:

Can it still shoot at planes submerged ???

• @SS:

Can it still shoot at planes submerged ???

Indirectly, by launching the small Flying Submarine it carried and sending it up to engage in a dogfight.

Flying Sub VBS.jpg

• The flying sub is where the planes come in. And yes this bad ass does fire at capitals with her missiles, and Admiral Nelson and Starkey personally capture your capital. They are the two chaps with black leather jackets and colt 45’s. You have no chance. Admiral Nelson gets what he wants!

• '17 '16

@Imperious:

The flying sub is where the planes come in. And yes this bad ass does fire at capitals with her missiles, and Admiral Nelson and Starkey personally capture your capital. They are the two chaps with black leather jackets and colt 45’s. You have no chance. Admiral Nelson gets what he wants!

For those who can understand french (or just a little…): beware Kowalski!!!
    Voyage to the bottom of the (Saint Lawrence) river…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzHDTVskXP4

• @Imperious:

The flying sub is where the planes come in. And yes this bad ass does fire at capitals with her missiles, and Admiral Nelson and Starkey personally capture your capital. They are the two chaps with black leather jackets and colt 45’s. You have no chance. Admiral Nelson gets what he wants!

Somewhat ironically, the actor who played Captain Crane on the VTTBOTS TV series, Al Hedison, had previously appeared in the movie The Enemy Below as the Executive Officer of a WWII destroyer that was hunting a German submarine.

• '17 '16

@Imperious:

We will call this new unit SEAVIEW RULES after that sub in Voyage to the bottom of the Sea:

Wait a minute… I thought we were going to call this the WOLFSHANZE FORMULA sub?

• Somewhat ironically, the actor who played Captain Crane on the VTTBOTS TV series, Al Hedison, had previously appeared in the movie The Enemy Below as the Executive Officer of a WWII destroyer that was hunting a German submarine.

David Hedison. I have his autograph somewhere

• @Imperious:

Somewhat ironically, the actor who played Captain Crane on the VTTBOTS TV series, Al Hedison, had previously appeared in the movie The Enemy Below as the Executive Officer of a WWII destroyer that was hunting a German submarine.

David Hedison. I have his autograph somewhere

He used different elements of his full name (Albert David Hedison, Jr.) at different points in his career, switching from Al to David in the late 50s.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzSPFoFcsSg

I mean how could you not want these in AnA supporting your landing forces?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m