• Sorry if this is a repeat but not sure how to search this site.What if Ger builds MinIC on say Norway T1 then upgrades to MajIC on T2 during build repair upgrade phase1. Rules only say you must own IC at beginning of turn so can I build 10,3 or zero (new construction)? Only been playing once a week for less than a year but lucky enough to have 5-6 old friends to get together with.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

if you are allowed to build it there (iirc, you can build the major there)–you can produce the full scope of units.

G1 place MiC.  cannot produce there, this turn.
    G2 you can build 3 units.
    If you upgraded G2 and paid for it during buy units, then this turn, you can only build 3, and place the upgrade. 
    G3 (next turn) place up to 10 units.

did I address your question?

• Even though you’re paying for the upgrade at the beginning of turn 2 it doesn’t take effect until the end of your turn at the same time you place new units.  I think that’s where you were stuck.  So turn 3 is when you could place up to 10 units as taamvan said.

• that is my first thought but if major ships can get fixed and go on whole why not a IC at this time?

• Because the repair isn’t a new purchase, but the upgrade is. New purchases have to be deployed at the end of the turn.

• However it is ill-advise to major Norway as all the allies have an easy ability to take it away from Germany.

• thanks for the feedback-my bad-its in the actual rulebook - still a nordic IC with an airbase could be something to look at !

• Well in order to have a Norway IC, you would have to maintain a naval presents north of Germany to reinforce it as needed.

• So if the Norwegian garrison is kept happy with gifts, they can fight off the Germans better?

Maybe you meant the presents are for the Germans themselves and then they EXPLODE!

• The Norway IC supplies its own troops to fight off nasty incursions from east and west and
    bringing pressure on northern USSR while the airbase brings extra scramble ability to SZ112 fleet and the ever hopeful Sealion - admittedly not turn 3-4 but maybe later. Still thinking it through.

• @BillyMack57:

The Norway IC supplies its own troops to fight off nasty incursions from east and west and
    bringing pressure on northern USSR while the airbase brings extra scramble ability to SZ112 fleet and the ever hopeful Sealion - admittedly not turn 3-4 but maybe later. Still thinking it through.

You will have no choice but to reinforce it sometime by sea or air because once all three allies come down on it and they will, I promise you ten infantry per turn is nothing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m