• Hello….

I’m aware Russia Cannot attack Axis powers Until turn 4 unless Russia being attacked by Axis or London captured but…
    Is it allowed for Russia as a neutral in turn 1 to make a non-combat move into Northwest Persia (Pro-Allies) or even a combat move into Finland (Pro-Axis)…both territories initially being neutral??

This doesn’t seem clear to me in the rulebook.

• '19 '17 '16

No.

@Eur:

Neutral Powers: When a power is not at war with
    anyone, it is neutral. Powers that begin the game
    neutral, such as the United States and the Soviet
    Union, aren’t initially part of the Allies or the Axis. The
    Axis powers are on the opposite side of these neutral
    powers, but they are not yet considered enemies.
    While a power remains neutral, it operates under
    even tighter restrictions. A neutral power can’t move
    land or air units into or through neutral territories. It
    can’t move units into or through territories or onto
    ships belonging to another power or use another
    power’s naval bases, nor can another power move
    land or air units into or through its territories or onto
    its ships or use its naval bases.

Now maybe you are thinking they can declare war on Japan and then move into NW Persia? No, because:
    @Eur:

Due to its separate treaties with Germany and Japan, the Soviet Union is in a unique position in its relationship with
    the Axis powers. As a result, if the Soviet Union is at war with Axis powers on only one map, it is still under the
    restrictions of being a neutral power (see “Powers Not at War with One Another,” page 15) on the other map. In other
    words, a state of war with Japan lifts those restrictions from the Soviet Union on the Pacific map only, and a state of
    war with Germany and/or Italy lifts those restrictions on the Europe map only.

HTH

• Okay……seems pretty obvious now I see. Thought I been very thorough reading up on things…evidently NOT!! Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m