Mid-game German blitzing Russian south

• @Zhukov44:

When Germany has such a large mech/tank stack (eg 30+, in this case 40+) they are more or less free to drive wherever they want on the map.  What Allies need to bear in mind is this mechanized force can only go 1 (or 2, if they split up) ways.  So Allies should adapt to what Axis does.  This mechanized force cannot be everywhere at once, at where it is not, the Allies need to go on the offensive.

Thanks Caesar Seriona and Zhukov. 
    Given my board situation.  In case Germany and Japan go for Egypt or Middle East, perhaps the US player can transport troops and land in Egypt/Middle East to provide additional defensive forces.  Anyway I will test it in my next game.

The thing that the Allies worry most is the German mobile stacks going to Calcutta from turn 6 onward, and help defend that VC, so that Japan can focus all naval/bomber build for the last VC.  Do allies have any counter-strategy for it?  I am afraid that the Moscow stack is too slow to exert timely offense pressure on the Pacific side of the map.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Well, in theory, if he has to either take the whole German Mega-stack south, or has to divert enough of it away such that he cannot continue to gain odds against Moscow, then Russia “won”, because Germany’s odds decline turn after turn, rather than increasing.

Of course Cow with 78 Axis wins would probably tell you that Moscow alone still loses.  That’s because a power with no money and damaged factories can never climb the “odds curve”, Russian power increase drops to zero, while German units continue to arrive.

• The Med is controlled by the USN with no real threat so the US can take its units in France and dump them to support UK.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m