• Hello everyone…

First post on the forum, so please bare with me…

With regard to Industrial complexes, these can be placed in original territories to a value of 10 and in captured places to a value of 3. Manchuria and Kiangsu are predefined as Chinees soil, controlled by Japan… not captured in the game, in other words, is possible for Japan to build a factory 10 in those places or do we have to settle for a level 3?

• Welcome to the forum.
    No; it cannot. Japan can only place a Minor IC on any Chinese territory it captures, or any it controls , when the game begins.
    Japan can only build a Major IC on Korea.

• Wittmann was quicker, so I deleted everything that I had already typed, except:

Welcome to the forum, Bjn.  :-)

• Quick response!😀 ….and Thank you very much👍

• Sorry Panther!
    To clarify things: Japan is not the original controller of Kiangsu and Manchuria, hence it cannot build a Major IC there. The territories are Chinese.

• @wittmann:

To clarify things: Japan is not the original controller of Kiangsu and Manchuria, hence it cannot build a Major IC there. The territories are Chinese.

Exactly! This is the rule behind:

@rulebook:

Major industrial complexes can only be built on originally controlled (not captured) territories with an IPC value of 3 or higher.
    Minor industrial complexes can be built only in territories with an IPC value of 2 or higher.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Bjn:

Hello everyone…

First post on the forum, so please bare with me….

No, thanks. I’d better keep my clothes on.

But otherwise: welcome to the forum!  :-D

• Those Chinese territories in Japanese hands need to be changed if we ever see a third version of G40. Instead of being painted Japanese with Chinese markings, it should just be Chinese colors and then force the player to put Japanese icons on the territories it controls.

• Oh and as always, you can’t factory islands.

• Customizer

@Caesar:

Those Chinese territories in Japanese hands need to be changed if we ever see a third version of G40. Instead of being painted Japanese with Chinese markings, it should just be Chinese colors and then force the player to put Japanese icons on the territories it controls.

Whenever we play, during setup we always put Japanese control markers on those Chinese territories under Japanese occupation. That’s just part of setting the game up to us.

I agree those territories should be the same color as the rest of China.

• @knp7765:

@Caesar:

Those Chinese territories in Japanese hands need to be changed if we ever see a third version of G40. Instead of being painted Japanese with Chinese markings, it should just be Chinese colors and then force the player to put Japanese icons on the territories it controls.

Whenever we play, during setup we always put Japanese control markers on those Chinese territories under Japanese occupation. That’s just part of setting the game up to us.

I agree those territories should be the same color as the rest of China.

That’s what I do but it is going to be hard to explain to new players who owns it because when it’s back in Chinese hands, if you’re ignorant to it, it looks like China is occupying Japanese territories.

• '17 '16

@Caesar:

The same could be said about Russian territories starting under German control in the 1942SE game… of course this is the 1940 forum, so oh well…

• @Wolfshanze:

@Caesar:

The same could be said about Russian territories starting under German control in the 1942SE game… of course this is the 1940 forum, so oh well…

Yeah but aren’t those territories still have USSR in their name? The point is that with China, they just have the KMT symbol on Japanese colors which makes it look strange as they only give you two, maybe three KMT icons so its not like you can clear it out and then place them on it too.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Right, that reflects the mixed status.  It is an ORIGNALLY Japanese, Chinese territory.  The other versions tend not to have complex NOs or limitations (such as reference to ORIGINAL, or mixed/ownership territories) because they don’t have complex diplomacy or teams that break rules like China.

Not enough Nat’list flags?  Shoot, Japan’s empire grows so big in most games that someone in our group laminated and printed more Japanese control markers!

The only thing a new player needs to remember (when they are playing China at least) is that Chinese troops can pour out of those lands, which is usefully coordinated in time and turn order between China and its helping Allies with normal rules.

• I want to see some day a 1937 or 1939 version of Axis and Allies just to clear this up.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

There is a FMG Games G36/G39 rules and map, “Global War”, and another game “The War Game” by Jeff.    Both include rules to support the Span Civil War/Second Sino Japanese war era

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m