The Return of Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition

• '17 '16 '15

These are all the sculpts that are different from the original 2008 version:

Germany: Bomber (wings not as tilted up and not as pointed), Cruiser (pointed stern), Battleship (bigger)
    Italy: Artillery (struts now spread), Battleship (bigger)
    Japan: Artillery (struts now spread)
    Russia: Tank (wider), Bomber (wings now flat instead of tilted), Submarine (wider), Destroyer (1942 version), Cruiser (1942 version), Battleship (1942 version)
    UK: Fighter (wings now flat), Submarine (wider), Battleship (bigger)
    USA: Tank (bigger), Fighter (P38 Lightning now), Battleship (bigger)

From what I can tell they basically used the 1942 spring (version 1) edition units for everything except the Italian Infantry, Tank, and Cruiser.

You can see most of those differences in my video that CWO mentioned (I noticed the German/Italy Bomber, Russian Tank, Russian/UK submarine differences after I recorded the video).

The link that CWO posted in regard to KNP’s “Evolution of Axis & Allies Pieces” is an awesome resource for identifying the differences. Specifically, if you look at page three of that thread (the second picture on the second post) you will see most of the changes I noticed. Hopefully he adds the 2017 Anniversary Edition to his amazing thread.

• I am more curious of the actual differences.  Does anyone know a good place to get pictures of the original anniversary pieces?

I have all the main games and have struggled over the years to not get the pieces mixed up (as opposed to my friends that just toss all the pieces into large containers).  I have printed lists of the original sculpts so I know what to look at.  Having never owned the original anniversary…I don’t have them…but would love to see them.

• Some crazy guy is selling this for $175.00 LOL

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132375628413?rmvSB=true

Buy now for $250.00

• TripleA '12

So what are the advantages of this reprint? Just added errata and a few sculpts?  :-) I think I probably just hold onto my original copy if that’s the case.

• That is what I am doing, Lozmoid.  I can’t justify the expense.
    Hope you have been well, since we last spoke.

• @Lozmoid:

So what are the advantages of this reprint? Just added errata and a few sculpts?  :-) I think I probably just hold onto my original copy if that’s the case.

The basic advantage is that it’s available on the primary market for a decent price, rather than on the secondary market for ten times the original sale price.

• @CWO:

@Lozmoid:

So what are the advantages of this reprint? Just added errata and a few sculpts?  :-) I think I probably just hold onto my original copy if that’s the case.

The basic advantage is that it’s available on the primary market for a decent price, rather than on the secondary market for ten times the original sale price.

So true, this screenshot I took on July 9th 2017:

In total that equals about 1568 USD.

• TripleA '12

@wittmann:

That is what I am doing, Lozmoid.  I can’t justify the expense.
    Hope you have been well, since we last spoke.

Thanks for the advice guys.  :-)  Yeah, I think I’ll just hold onto my original. Games are soooo expensive here in the UK. I can’t remember how much I paid for the original back in 2008 but I think it was something about £60 or thereabouts - that would be a great price nowadays! lol

Wittmann, I have been very well these days thank you. Living in Portsmouth now. Haven’t played a game of A&A for a few years now though unfortunately. Would like to again…

• Good to hear from you.
    There are two guys in London, if you look at the Find Players section .
    I play every three months in Derbyshire, at PRivate Panic’s.
    You can see his invitation in the Battke of Britain .
    I really only play online, because of the  business amd children.

• Did anyone else have problems with the game board itself? When I opened the box the map/game board was fine, however the next morning the plates were warped, so much that I could slide my pinky under the middle portion of each panel… I’m guessing it had something to do with the box being sealed in more humidity than at my home. Can’t seem to get the panels straight/unwarped no matter what I try.

• Heinz Guderian: Lots of people have complained about that. Not sure anything has come  of it or will. Shame!

• @wittmann ah okay thanks, shame indeed!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m