• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

Doesn’t do that for me.  I’ve tried landing 2 fighters in E. Europe, Germany and W. Europe and England and no carrier I build in any sea zone seems to ask me if I want to add fighters.  Dunno.  Screwed up program.  It won’t even open maps which is why I don’t use it for games. (That and I can’t see enough of the board at a time.)

What do you mean by “it won’t open maps”? You have to have the same version installed as the version that created the map. The patched version is 0.8.0.2, while the newest release is something like 0.9 something.

Also, the patched version appends a .doc to the save game so that it could be uploaded to this forum. By default when opening saved games, TripleA only lists .tsvg files, so you have to change the “open” dialog to display all files, then it works.

I’m sure we can figure out your problem, it’s not rocket surgery.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I use both 9.1 and 8.2.1

Neither opens maps, well, they didn’t open Switch’s map.  They work just fine when I open a self only game.

• I am using 8.2.2

You have a link for 8.2.2?

Cause I want to learn how to use TripleA for online play if I can.  Though, I dont know if I’ll ever give up my love for battlemap. :)

• 2007 AAR League

Click on the “Maps” page from my AACalc page for a DL link.

I assume its the one labeled “patched”

After DLing that and extracting it, what do you do with it?  Drop it over the 8.2.1 or what?  I don’t see a self-extracting installation program on it.

• 2007 AAR League

Just unzip the whole file - it contains the entire patched game. Run the .exe file to run the game.

Okay, so I have to paste the entire directory into the tripleA directory.

• 2007 AAR League

I would just use it as a separate copy of triplea, or delete your old triplea installation and use this instead. It might get messy if you paste it over your old one. For instance, in my Program Files folder, I have two separate folders, one called “triplea_pbf” and the other one is triplea_0902" or something like that, containing the current version. You need the current version if you want to play live games in the Lobby server.

Currently I have 3 versions:

Patched

I presume patched is 8.2.2?

• http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

I guess I will see you in the lobby, Jenn?

• 2007 AAR League

@Cmdr:

Currently I have 3 versions:

Patched

I presume patched is 8.2.2?

Correct. The version number isn’ important, just play using the unzipped folder.

Well, I was askin cause Switch said he used 8.2.2 hehe.

The carrier working is a nice touch. :)

Having to move the carrier, make my fighter attacks and then undo the carrier moves are rather annoying though.

• I have to be honest…

I have gotten used to 8.2.2.  It works enough to be able to make things function with Play by Forum.  And after my current Tournament game, I am getting pretty good at just using it as a mapping and image utility when combined with the in-site Dicey and play-by-forum move posting.

I STILL hate the dicey that is built in to TripleA.  IT SUCKS!  (pain in the butt to keep the results straight with the way it posts, especially in large battles).

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

I STILL hate the dicey that is built in to TripleA.  IT SUCKS!  (pain in the butt to keep the results straight with the way it posts, especially in large battles).

I never look at the dicey results. All you have to do is look at the history in the save game, and if you see EDIT on any of the combats, then you have to double check. Or you can just trust your opponent…  :-D

I actually had an awkward situation there. I started R1 in my game against Jennifer in TripleA, and took Belo and WRus without loss. Then for some reason I only got one e-mail with dicey results from one round of one battle, and I’m not sure if Jennifer got any. No casualties by my side, and no e-mails… hmm…

I fixed it by just going with the No Luck result, which was more reasonable anyway as we were setting up the Arc blitz to test it out.

• With PBF, that is a major advantage of the in-site Dicey… no lost e-mails!

• 2007 AAR League

It would be awesome if the TripleA PBF would post the dice rolls in the forum posting automatically. It could be done all at once at the end of the turn, otherwise the 15 sec delay between posts would be a problem.

Dan, no, I did not get any results from TripleA.  But that’s to be expected since I never seem to get results except from Frood.net and AAMC.

• 2007 AAR League

@Perry:

Hey RJ
    Just wanted to say that I think you’ve done a great job developing something like TripleA this far! (GK+1, but should be more like +100  :-D)

I asked a few questions in the Revised thread, and I got the answer to one of two questions in your response above (concerning edits).

RJ, I would be very interested to hear the latest news in the project! Or is there some other forum or thread where this is being discussed?

Cheers / Perry

Hey Parry.  Thanks for the Karma (my first Karma!!!), but I really don’t deserve it (bracing for backlash of negative karma…).  Tonez is the main developer on this one, so send all good karma his way.

All I can tell you is that from what I have heard, they are VERY close to a new release of tripleA, with a few more bells and whistles geared towards the PBF gamers.  It will initially be classified as an “unstable release”, but from what I’ve seen of it, I would recommend to everyone to download it right away and start using it ASAP.  Once more playtesting has proven it, it will be rereleased as a stable version.  For those who like 8.2.2 don’t hesistate to get this one once it’s out.

Unfortunately, as is often the case with these unpaid developers, nobody knows exactly when it will happen.  But I believe it should be soon.

• 2007 AAR League

How about sharing a “play-testing” copy with us - that’s what we had with 0822, wasn’t it?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m