• OK IL, here’s the setup. I do have a few questions on rules. OOOHHH this chippin is killing me !!!

I do have the extra pieces just haven’t put them on map yet. Trying to get this going.

1. The Army South in Lublin, Moldavia and Bucharest is deployed however you want it ? Or do they go in Lublin only due to 1941 starting dashed line ?

2. Air Fleet goes to Moldavia per setup sheet correct ?

3. Deployed units in Kiev Front@ Brest and Lwow. How are these units deployed ? Players choice ?

4. Oil Tokens cost 2 icp’s ea correct ?

5. How are Oil Tokens moved ? I know bombers can transport them.

6. Can I just pickup 1 Oil Token from Reserve centers at anytime to use for planes ?

7. Turn Phase: Place units, draw cards and check for victory conditions. What are these draw cards and where ?

8. Can I play the game without “Encirclement of Enemy” in game ?

9. What are your thoughts on playing this game in D12 format ?

10. Whats your thoughts on trucks and trains having to bring up to fronts any extra Oil Tokens ?
    43962.png

• all questions answered from memory from that time…

1. The Army South in Lublin, Moldavia and Bucharest is deployed however you want it ? Or do they go in Lublin only due to 1941 starting dashed line ?how you want

2. Air Fleet goes to Moldavia per setup sheet correct ? yes

3. Deployed units in Kiev Front@ Brest and Lwow. How are these units deployed ? Players choice ? yes

4. Oil Tokens cost 2 icp’s ea correct ? yes

5. How are Oil Tokens moved ? I know bombers can transport them. think they move with units, they carry the fuelstocks they need

6. Can I just pickup 1 Oil Token from Reserve centers at anytime to use for planes ?  planes dont use them but can carry them, only land battles cost fuel token

7. Turn Phase: Place units, draw cards and check for victory conditions. What are these draw cards and where ? no cards never made them

8. Can I play the game without “Encirclement of Enemy” in game ? yes

9. What are your thoughts on playing this game in D12 format ? i never even think of this game, it was made 10 years ago.

10. Whats your thoughts on trucks and trains having to bring up to fronts any extra Oil Tokens ? the game was never finished, make the game your own

• Thanks IL. I can make up some event cards for game. Draw 1 card a turn ea.

I also see why Germany wants to deploy troops south by Bucharest. Oil reserve threat.

• @SS:

Thanks IL. I can make up some event cards for game. Draw 1 card a turn ea.

I also see why Germany wants to deploy troops south by Bucharest. Oil reserve threat.

I still need to assemble this Variant (got sidetracked on Hex n’ Counter games  :-( ). Are there any more Additions since last year? IL sent me his files last Fall. Thanks!

• No. Just talk of adding what u want to game.  Let me know if you make any changes.

I have a list of things for event cards from other game and or from tigers Barbrabossa game.
    Will check those to see if they are to strong for game or tweak them a bit.

• @SS:

No. Just talk of adding what u want to game.  Let me know if you make any changes.

I have a list of things for event cards from other game and or from tigers Barbrabossa game.
    Will check those to see if they are to strong for game or tweak them a bit.

Will do. I downloaded IL’s HBG Map last year, then just today saw the refresh Thread from March 2017. Seems there was a Update to the Map sent to HBG from Karl7’s edit. I’ll catch up soon…right  :-(

• The game was a stepping stone for other versions of the same topic, that game will be published after the Great War

• saxon, only change I’m making to this game is for NA’s.

Removing The German Railway Artilliary and having Germany roll a d8 and Russia a d6 to get there 3 NA’s.

Also may add 2 more NA’s to Russia’s list.

Guards = Can buy 2 guard inf per turn. Cost 2 icp’s ea. C2 A2 D2 M1 ?

T-34 Production = All tanks defend at 3 starting on turn 2  Fall Season . ?

May convert to D12.

IL, do I use the production costs for pieces on map chart ? Or do I use the Revised game costs ?

• Use your own ideas but within the system. if that game has optional rules, i think they favor the axis so use some of them for balancing

• These are the piece costs and values. Have to decide if I want to use the D12 system. Seems on die roll testing the D6 get more hits and they should.

D6                                                   D12

Inf       C3 A1(2) D2 M1                                A2(3) D4
      Mech  C4 A1(2) D2 M2                                A2(3) D4
      Art      C4 A2 D2 M1                                      A3 D4
      Tank    C6 A3 D3 M2   Russia D2                 A6 D6        Russian tanks 6 die-D2 or 12 die-D5 unless they get the NA then D3 D6
      Fig       C10 A3 D4 M6                                   A5 D6
      Tac      C8 A3 D2 M6 roll 1 pick target          A5 D4  roll of 2 pick target
    Bomber  C12 A4 D2 M8                                   A8 D4
    H Tank    C8 A4 D4 M2                                     A7 D8

Artillery boost inf +1 on A
    Tank boost mech +1 on A

• Saxon,

I went with these values for pieces and added the 2 Russian NA’s to Russia’s chart.

D6

A      D      M      C
    Inf        1(2)    2      1      3    +1 on A with a Art
    Mech      2      2      2      4    Can tow art.
    Art        2(1)  2    1(2)    4    Preshot. Roll of 1 kills target and no return fire.
    SPA        4(1)  3      2      8  Roll of 1 selects target.
    Tank      3      3(2)    2      6  Russian tanks defend at 2. NA gives them D3
    H. Tank  4      4      2      8
    Fig          3      4      6      10
    Tac        3      2      6      8
    Bomb    4      1      8      12

Russia’s 2 NA’s

Guard Inf = can buy up to 2 a turn only.  A2 D2 M1 C3  +1 on A with an Art

T-34 Production = All tanks defend at 3 starting on turn 2 Fall Season.

• That looks good, SS. I’m still in “catch-up” mode looking over Rules/Play Tests when this game first came out. I agree with the D6 you went with.  :-)

• End of turn 2.

image2(8).png

• End of turn 3. Things are just starting to get going.

image1(23).png

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m