Should Lord Curtmungus leave A&A.org?

• Since I came to A&A.org, there has been to much violence, too much pain.  Young Grasshopper hates my posts, seeks that they get censored.  Shadowhawk deleted his entire thread out of disgust that I weighed in.  AV asked me to be quiet about Wolfschwanz… the list goes on and on…

I came here looking for a community with rage and honor, instead people run away… they just run away…

I suppose when the wolf comes to the party of hens, he soon is alone…

But I didn’t come here to eat a hen, but to make wolves of them!

But still the hens flap away… clucking, clawing, chattering stupidly…

So I put it to you, should Lord Curtmungus leave the A&A.org?

I am a reasonable man.  None of us here is without sin. I offer an honorable comprise.  Vote to send me away, I will retreat back into the Wasteland (after I finish current league games).  Vote not to, and I will continue my quests to build honorable men out of you all!

Rage and honor!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow,

All I can say is how shocked and appalled I am at how the community has treated Curtmungus.

Curtmungus - The only openly LGBTQ member of the A&A.org society - is constantly met with  hostility, Judgement, and beratement; At worse, his only crime has been the colourful use of language on ONE occasion.

Ask yourselves - who are the true villains here?  This man - who stands proud, pecks out, shirt off, trying to contribute?

Or - the community - who reenact the deaths of millions everyday, for PLEASURE, as a GAME.  Shunning anyone who would dare compel Them to inspect their morale fuel gauges?

HAVE WE NOT YET LEARNED THE LESSONS OF HUMAN HISTORY!?? Have we not yet learned to treat people as we wish to be treated? And not to oppress those who are different?

Is this not what the story of Axis and Allies is about?!? The dignity of the individual, the value of human life and respect for human rights?

I will be GRAVELY disappointed with anyone who votes for Curtmungus to leave.  If anything, we should give A&A.org, TripleA, the whole compound, to Curtmungus, as a gift to show our appreciation for his patience, and generosity.

• @ShadowHAwk:

I did not delete my thread, dont know where it went.

And you did no pitch in at all you just posted some random stuff that was not related to the post.

Your thread got moved over by an admin to the Global variant discussion thread.

• If you stay, that’s fine with me, if you leave, what can i do about it?
    But don’t put the pressure up on us.

I like you, because you know you are unique in your own way and you Show it.
    That is totally fine.

But if you start to act like anybody else, what will be unique about you?
    As Gargantua allready pointed out. We command hundreds of plastic pieces and forcing Empires to surrender, surrounding enemy strongholds and pull off risky tactics.
    Just don’t forget who we are.

After the summer i might have some spare time to defeat Lord Curtmungus in a death match.

Look. Any longer out on that road and I’m one of them, you know? A terminal crazy… only I got a bronze badge to say I’m one of the good guys. :-P

• '19 '17 '16

Wow!

I don’t mind posters like Curtmungus, who are overtly - and cleverly - being comedians… how anyone could interpret it otherwise is a real head-scratcher.  So long as they have a good schtick I enjoy their posts.  C’mon people, this is for fun!!!  Is our community really such a bunch of prissy snowflakes that a little boyish humour sends everyone scurrying like cockroaches to their safe spaces!!!  Here’s an idea:  If you don’t like it, scroll past it, instead of trying to dictate to everyone else.

When I look at what we’ve created here in the Western World - a society henpecked by political correctness neo-church ladies, and free speech-hating academic proto-Nazis - I’m just so ashamed.

Long live Lord Curtmungus!!!

• '17 '16

I was just annoyed by oversized letters flows, but now I see Curtmungus just found normal size ones and use both in circumspect ways.

IDK talking low luck vs dices was considered HR.
    Another thread bites the dust of HR thread mess yards.
    :-(

• Sponsor

I do not hate your posts, I was disappointed with your profanity… there is a difference between truth and your own propaganda. Personally, I don’t care what you do, I’m not treating you anyway, and in the words of Aleister Crowley “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law”.

BTW… I didn’t vote because the “I don’t care” option was absent.

• '19 '17 '16

Oh, just one thing, Lord Curtmungus.

Real men like cats, so screw you!!!   :evil:  You can’t argue with the man in black.

bd66f487ea5313b55fd654d3de66cbe5.jpg

• @Young:

I do not hate your posts, I was disappointed with your profanity… there is a difference between truth and your own propaganda. Personally, I don’t care what you do, I’m not treating you anyway, and in the words of Aleister Crowley “Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law”.

But are you a Hen or a Wolf?

• Sponsor

@Lord:

@Young:

But are you a Hen or a Wolf?

I am a lamb, devour me if you wish.

Get the knives out boys!  It’s Lamb for DINNER tonight!

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Keep rolling ones, crushing beers, flipping tables and pulverizing dice!

• AHhhh, yeah, I think that some of those “I’m a wolf” votes need to be corrected to “I am a hen” votes…

Come on people!

Learn from the Russians!

Во́лка но́ги ко́рмят!

• Also, just so you guys know I am not some monster, and that I have a home and friends, here is a family photo a typical day at the Mungus house.

Rage and Honor

• …ehmm…

• A belated welcome to the forum Curtmungus ….

All are welcome.

No apology for objecting to the one instance of bad language though. Let’s keep this forum a place that everyone can enjoy.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Anyone who has played that game now knows you ARE an inhuman monster…as no normal person could keep that game intact and the masts standing without inhuman powers.  Or a pirate hat, its the hat right?

• '17 '16

I have that game somewhere up in my attic… in an attic in Florida, it might have melted into some sort of blob… dunno, it’s been up there for over a decade.

• Don’t leave A&A.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m