• St. Petersburg…

I like it. My only question, is this gonna be the Russian Capitol or is Moscow gonna keep the capitol status?

• To somewhat follow history, St. P should be capital.  So, would suggest the following…

1. St. P and Moscow both changed to IPC value of 4.
    2. Russian Revolution rule remains same - ie. still Moscow based.
    3. If Russian Revolution occurs (do this before Armistice offered)…
        a)  Moscow becomes the capital for any future turns.
        b)  Any money in the treasury will be used to build in Moscow.
        c)  Moscow is now the new capital and can collect income.
      4)  Once the above completed, then Russia can decide to accept or decline armistice.

• Nice. That works. Any objections?

Or should we make Moscow like Bombay, until the revolution fires. Then the roles switch?

• Change previous artwork to show new IPC values and Communist Russian capital emblem.

• Customizer

Mmm, my intention behind splitting Karelia was to prevent re-enforcing St P. from the White Sea, so I intended Karelia (i.e. Archangel) to have the port. Forgot to change the values.

Its an idea to give every European power double capitals and production centres viz:

St Petersburg & Moscow
    Berlin & Munich
    Vienna & Budapest
    Constantinople & Ankara
    Paris & Bordeaux* (this with Paris moved to the “Burgundy” tt)
    Roma & Milan
    London & Ottawa?

*Bordeaux was temporary French capital in the Franco-Prussian conflict and both World Wars.

I use WWII Russian infantry and control markers for “Red” communist units; they effectively become a fourth Central Powers nation but can only operate within original Russian tt.

• All of these are great, I would like to point ot that the UK has Bombay already.

• I like Flashman’s comment on Bordeaux, may wish to consider the rule to allow France to move the capital.

To somewhat follow history, when Paris was threatened, the French government moved the capital to Bordeaux.   This rule to provide for that action…

1. If Burgundy or Picardy is under enemy control, at the START of the France’s turn, the player can choose to move the capital  to Bordeaux.
    2. Bordeaux must be in France’s control.
  Paris must be in control or contested.
    3. Once changed, the change becomes permanent for the remainder of the game.

fr.jpg

• the changed setup for marseille seems like a big thread for the ottomans, an amphibious attack on constantinople with these 3 inf and 1 art (together with the strong french med navy) followed by an british reinforcement could end mehmeds holy war in round 1.

• @Chacmool:

I disagree with the changed setup for marseille. The french could make an amphibious attack on constantinople with these troops (and their big med navy) and the brits could finish the Turks before they even had one turn.

That would be suicide for the Allies. They would lose a lot of units in the process, and the Ottomans will just be able to take it back.

Also, we are splitting the SZ’s in the Med.

• According to the official FAQ for 1914, the designers choose Moscow as the capital of Russia because it would be a more central location, even though it wasn’t historically accurate.To solve this issue, I feel that Russia’s capital should be Petrograd (St Petersburg) and it should have a second production center in Tatarstan (the city of Kazan) representing troops coming from Siberia and the far east, like how the British have Bombay in India. This way Russia has production centers in the north and the south.

• I kinda like that idea. Ill start a poll.

• The following proposals have been made:

Map Changes:

Corrected Prussia/Poland Boarder
    St. Petersburg changes
    Corrected Bulgarian Coastline
    New SZ’s in Med

Capital Changes/Production Centers

Russian Capital to be moved to St. Petersburg
    Possible Russian production in Kazan
    French Capital can be moved to Bordeaux.

Other:

Changed Russian Revolution rules
    Neutrality Rules

New Proposals:

Persia split into four territories.
    Mesopotamia split into 2 Territories, Armenia(North, Value of 1) and Mesopotamia(South, Value of 2).

Any other new ideas? Can someone make a map of the current agreed on changes?

• I have also been looking at splitting up Arabia.

sample2.jpg

• @Carolina:

I have also been looking at splitting up Arabia.

Wow that is a good idea, historically Shammar was allied to the Ottomans. Or perhaps make it a aligned nation with value of 1? So it can balance out against the British.

And also:
    Mesopotamia split into 2 Territories, Armenia(North, Value of 1) and Mesopotamia(South, Value of 2).

That is a good idea :)

• Awesome. I like it.

• Customizer

One of my old maps

Axis&Allies1914FullMapFlashFinished.PNG

• That is really cool Flashman!

• Considering this rule:

Transport Movement:  
    Can move 1 if making an amphibious assault with load and unload.  
    Can move 2 if loading and unloading during turn without amphib assault, but reinforce okay.  
    Can move 2 if unloading during turn with amphibious assault.  
    Can move 3 if loading OR unloading (plus same as above in 2.), or moving only during turn.
    Note: When using transports of a different power, those can always move 3, regardless of action of troops on board.

• Hmmmm… I dont know about a movement of one for Amphib Assaults.

• Okay, agree.  How about this?

Transport Overloading and Movement:
    Can move 1 when transporting 3 units and doing any actions.
    Can move 2 when transporting 2 units and doing any actions.
    Can move 2 when transporting 3 units and NOT doing assaults or contested area reinforcements.
    Can move 3 when transporting 2 units, NOT doing assaults or contested area reinforcements, and load all from same territory.
    Notes: The 2nd and 3rd being transported must be infantry units.  When using transports of a different power, those can always move 3, regardless of action of troops on board.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m