17L BM2.0 Oysteilo (x) vs Gamerman01

• Gonna see if I can make time today to move
    Hopefully I can get MARTI to cooperate and can at least post a file

• Japan turn attached.  Looks like the online dice worked fine, but this version (7527) doesn’t let me post, so I saved and uploaded the save file here

NCM of fighter from Yunnan to Phil, changed to Malaya (Yunnan to Malaya in NCM, plane not used in combat)
    Tac from Yunnan attacked Burma (3 movement left), then moved to Malaya in NCM.  Edited to Anhwe (3 movement from Burma)

triplea_39828_Jap8.tsvg

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

yeah you should load the new version 7398 works fine. I will post over the weekend

• @oysteilo:

yeah you should load the new version 7398 works fine. I will post over the weekend

OK, I hope this save file works for you and thanks for the tip!

sorry for this slow play. I will try my best to post on sunday/monday (I am away this weekend). Hopefully you are busy eating turkey and getting up at 5 am to get the best deals……

• :-) Very nice message, thank you

No, the delay is fine and it makes me feel less bad about my even longer delays

Turkey was great, thanks!!!  Gonna sleep in tomorrow though!

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod, version: 2.0

Game History

Round: 8

Purchase Units - Americans
                Americans buy 2 artilleries, 1 carrier, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Americans
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 8 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 8 Sea Zone to Aleutian Islands
                2 bombers moved from Western United States to Aleutian Islands
                1 mech_infantry moved from Amur to Manchuria
                      Chinese take Manchuria from Japanese
                2 submarines moved from 54 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
                Battle in 44 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 1 submarine
                    Japanese defend with 1 transport
                        1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 44 Sea Zone
                        Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                    Americans win with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
                Battle in Aleutian Islands
                    Americans attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry
                    Japanese defend with 2 infantry
                        Americans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 2 :  1/4 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 2 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Aleutian Islands
                        Americans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 3 :  1/4 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                    Americans win, taking Aleutian Islands from Japanese with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Japanese: 2 infantry
                Battle in 43 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 2 submarines
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                        Americans roll dice for 2 submarines in 43 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 43 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 43 Sea Zone
                        1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 43 Sea Zone
                        Americans roll dice for 2 submarines in 43 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/2 hits
                    Americans win, taking 43 Sea Zone from Japanese with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer and 1 transport

Non Combat Move - Americans
                2 submarines moved from 54 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer and 2 submarines moved from 26 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from 54 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
                1 submarine moved from 91 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser moved from 110 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Eastern United States to Gibraltar
                1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to United Kingdom
                2 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 transport moved from 1 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
                2 bombers moved from Aleutian Islands to British Columbia
                1 destroyer moved from 10 Sea Zone to 7 Sea Zone
                2 destroyers moved from 10 Sea Zone to 30 Sea Zone
                1 mech_infantry moved from British Columbia to Western United States

Place Units - Americans
                2 artilleries and 2 infantry placed in Western United States
                1 carrier, 2 destroyers and 1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone
                2 fighters placed in Eastern United States

Turn Complete - Americans
                Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
                Trigger Americans 7 North Africa Beach Head: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 57 PUs
                Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
                Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
                Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 77 PUs

triplea_39828_Ame8.tsvg

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod, version: 2.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Americans
                Americans buy 2 artilleries, 1 carrier, 2 destroyers, 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Combat Move - Americans
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
                1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 8 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 8 Sea Zone to Aleutian Islands
                2 bombers moved from Western United States to Aleutian Islands
                1 mech_infantry moved from Amur to Manchuria
                      Chinese take Manchuria from Japanese
                2 submarines moved from 54 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 44 Sea Zone
                2 submarines moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
                Battle in 44 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 1 submarine
                    Japanese defend with 1 transport
                        1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 44 Sea Zone
                        Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 44 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                    Americans win with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
                Battle in Aleutian Islands
                    Americans attack with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry
                        Americans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 2 :  1/4 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 2 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        Americans roll dice for 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 3 :  1/4 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 infantry in Aleutian Islands, round 3 :  0/1 hits
                    Americans win, taking Aleutian Islands from Japanese with 1 artillery, 2 bombers and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Battle in 43 Sea Zone
                    Americans attack with 2 submarines
                    Japanese defend with 1 destroyer and 1 transport
                        Americans roll dice for 2 submarines in 43 Sea Zone, round 2 :  1/2 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 43 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 destroyer owned by the Japanese lost in 43 Sea Zone
                        1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 43 Sea Zone
                        Americans roll dice for 2 submarines in 43 Sea Zone, round 3 :  0/2 hits
                    Americans win, taking 43 Sea Zone from Japanese with 2 submarines remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                    Casualties for Japanese: 1 destroyer and 1 transport

Non Combat Move - Americans
                2 submarines moved from 54 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
                1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
                1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer and 2 submarines moved from 26 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from 54 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
                1 submarine moved from 91 Sea Zone to 106 Sea Zone
                1 cruiser moved from 110 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                1 fighter moved from Eastern United States to Gibraltar
                1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to United Kingdom
                2 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
                2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                2 infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
                1 transport moved from 1 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
                2 bombers moved from Aleutian Islands to British Columbia
                1 destroyer moved from 10 Sea Zone to 7 Sea Zone
                2 destroyers moved from 10 Sea Zone to 30 Sea Zone
                1 mech_infantry moved from British Columbia to Western United States

Place Units - Americans
                2 artilleries and 2 infantry placed in Western United States
                1 carrier, 2 destroyers and 1 submarine placed in 101 Sea Zone
                2 fighters placed in Eastern United States

Turn Complete - Americans
                Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
                Trigger Americans 7 North Africa Beach Head: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 57 PUs
                Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
                Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
                Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 77 PUs
                Turning on Edit Mode
                EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from Amur: 1 bomber
                EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to Vologda: 1 bomber
                EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode

triplea_39828_Ame8.tsvg

Game History

Purchase Units - Chinese
                Trigger Chinese Loses Burma Road: Chinese has their production frontier changed to: productionChinese_Burma_Road_Closed
                Chinese buy 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs;

Combat Move - Chinese

Place Units - Chinese
                2 infantry placed in Tsinghai

Turn Complete - Chinese
                Chinese collect 7 PUs; end with 8 PUs

triplea_39828_Chi8.tsvg

Game History

Purchase Units - British
                British repair damage of 3x airfield; Remaining resources: 41 PUs;
                British buy 2 destroyers, 1 fighter and 5 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs;

Purchase Units - UK_Pacific
                UK_Pacific buy 4 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs;

Combat Move - British
                1 submarine moved from 97 Sea Zone to 98 Sea Zone
                1 destroyer moved from 110 Sea Zone to 119 Sea Zone
                2 fighters moved from 110 Sea Zone to 119 Sea Zone
                1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from India to Burma
                2 infantry moved from India to Burma

Combat - British
                Battle in 119 Sea Zone
                    British attack with 1 destroyer and 2 fighters
                    Germans defend with 1 submarine
                        British roll dice for 1 destroyer and 2 fighters in 119 Sea Zone, round 2 :  2/3 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 119 Sea Zone, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 119 Sea Zone
                    British win, taking 119 Sea Zone from Germans with 1 destroyer and 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
                Battle in Burma
                    British attack with 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                        British roll dice for 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Burma, round 2 :  3/5 hits
                        Japanese roll dice for 2 infantry in Burma, round 2 :  0/2 hits
                        2 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Burma
                    British win, taking Burma from Japanese with 1 bomber, 1 fighter, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6

Non Combat Move - British
                1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Burma to India
                1 infantry moved from Libya to Tunisia
                1 fighter moved from 119 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
                1 fighter moved from 119 Sea Zone to United Kingdom
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Scotland to United Kingdom
                1 destroyer moved from 92 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                2 battleships, 1 carrier, 2 cruisers, 2 submarines and 3 transports moved from 110 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
                1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Iraq to Northwest Persia
                3 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Iraq
                1 armour moved from Iraq to Persia
                1 armour moved from Northwest Persia to Persia
                2 mech_infantrys moved from Northwest Persia to Persia
                2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Persia to Eastern Persia
                3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Bryansk to Vologda
                1 fighter moved from Russia to Bryansk

Place Units - British
                1 destroyer placed in 98 Sea Zone
                1 fighter placed in Egypt
                1 destroyer placed in 106 Sea Zone
                3 infantry placed in United Kingdom
                2 infantry placed in Iraq

Turn Complete - British
                British collect 32 PUs; end with 32 PUs
                Objective British 4 Control Convoy Lanes: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 35 PUs
                Objective British 1 Original: British met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 38 PUs

Place Units - UK_Pacific
                4 infantry placed in India

Turn Complete - UK_Pacific
                UK_Pacific collect 6 PUs; end with 8 PUs
                Trigger UK Pacific 4 No Enemy Submarines: UK_Pacific met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 11 PUs
                Some Units in India change ownership: 4 infantry

triplea_39828_UK_8.tsvg

And for the record for americas turn, the sea battle in sz 44 is automatic as first battle by triple A, chosen automatically by triple a before (any other battle) the landing in aleutian……

• '15 '14

@oysteilo:

And for the record for americas turn, the sea battle in sz 44 is automatic as first battle by triple A, chosen automatically by triple a before (any other battle) the landing in aleutian……

This auto-rolling is really annoying. It does not add any value. It is totally acceptable to click and choose each battle manually.

• @oysteilo:

Sure, no problem, understood
    I don’t like auto-rolling either, of course  :-)

• Another huge delay - I guess I’m finding that I’ve lost a lot of interest in the big G40 game and I’m sorry you’re the victim.  I could be persuaded to forfeit, but if you would like me to finish out the game I certainly will.  Unfortunately, apparently for me playing G40 has become more work than fun

Okey. Obviously I am not going to make you play out this game if you don’t want to. Things happen so no worries. If you want this game to have a silent death it is your choice!

• Thanks for the answer - no, I’ll finish it out if you don’t mind the very slow pace, I just wanted to do the honorable thing and forfeit if my slow pace is irritating you, thanks!!

Ok, I am fine with a slow pace, I am also fine with calling it a draw. Either way is ok

• I would like a draw, yes, thank you.

Good game, well played, and thanks for all the understanding and kindness!

@Gamerman01:

I would like a draw, yes, thank you.

Good game, well played, and thanks for all the understanding and kindness!

OK, a draw is fine then!

as always I am interested in any feedback on what I did well/not so well. Obviously I have had kind dice most of the game, sure that helps, but right now I feel I have a pretty solid stand. I was somewhat worried you might have attacked my fleet of queensland/landing in queensland this past round, but at the end of the day your odds are not great, but also not terrible. It would have been a risky move and either outcome would probably have decided the game. I realized too late I had overextended a little bit.

It was also cool of you to let me re-do the blocking around London a couple of rounds ago

I also feel this game is kind of weired because America has “no” units on either side in round 8

• '15 '14

Hey Oysteilo, because you were asking, one feedback from my side:

You buy way too many DDs and are way to spewy with them saccing them as blockers. In many occasions even when you do not had to block at all.

I recommend to keep the amount of DDs limited. Of course you need the potential to block and you need to be able to chase subs down and you need some cannon fodder to protect your transports. But often fighters, transports and subs are the better investment. Fighters are way more versatile and can fight (and defend) on land and sea and can scramble, transports allow you to take islands and making amphibious assaults which is crucial and subs can do convoy, cannot be attacked by air only and are cheaper than DDs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m