WAR ROOM - New Larry Harris Game

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@SS:

I see that after I ordered 149. Now I need to cancel order and then reorder again. Don’t see a cancel button. Don’t see just order 99 reward button neither.

Send me your info and I’ll help ensure this gets rectified.  I am sure Larry and Tom are handingling a number of these requests.  We’ll get there!

• Thanks Gar. Didn’t mean to blow up. Just got frustrated. :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

So just to clarify, War Room is intended for production to sell on a retail scale? FAQ on the Kickstarter page suggests this (second print run), but I just want to make sure that if I can’t back the Kickstarter I should have reasonable possibility to get at a local hobby retailer or on Amazon eventually.

Also assuming the Jumbo map will not be an option come retail sale time. Looks like you have to back now.

• @LHoffman:

So just to clarify, War Room is intended for production to sell on a retail scale? FAQ on the Kickstarter page suggests this (second print run), but I just want to make sure that if I can’t back the Kickstarter I should have reasonable possibility to get at a local hobby retailer or on Amazon eventually.

Also assuming the Jumbo map will not be an option come retail sale time. Looks like you have to back now.

They will apparently sell games from their website in the first print run.

@calvinhobbesliker:

They will apparently sell games from their website in the first print run.

Thanks.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

I assume yes if the board game Scythe is any indication of the desired route WAR ROOM wants to take, it only makes sense that when production is in full swing due to the kickstarter funds, that a well oiled machine is now cranking them out for game stores… successful games don’t go out of print after their kickstarter campaigns just because they got their start on kickstarter.

@Young:

I assume yes if the board game Scythe is any indication of the desired route WAR ROOM wants to take, it only makes sense that when production is in full swing due to the kickstarter funds, that a well oiled machine is now cranking them out for game stores… successful games don’t go out of print after their kickstarter campaigns just because they got their start on kickstarter.

I guess that is what I was most concerned about. I have been a part of Kickstarter campaigns that effectively function to get the product to the backers, but no wider distribution after that. Not having production and distribution supported by an established industry entity (like AH/WotC) means there is an uphill battle to get the product more exposure in the marketplace. It’s not an insurmountable problem, but one that I was curious Larry and Nightingale Games were actively trying to address. Maybe they hope to gain a level of success and find an industry partner to take over the production and distribution eventually.

WR seems like an evolutionary game with some creative, but smooth, mechanics that primarily A&A players would readily adapt to. It would be good for the genre if it really catches on and becomes the next Axis & Allies.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

Maybe they hope to gain a level of success and find an industry partner to take over the production and distribution eventually.

I think Nightingale Games wants to be that industry Partner… we shall see what unfolds, but they have done a great job so far.

• YG my understanding is your getting a “playtest kit”, can you play and game and go thru the rules point by point so we get an idea what its about?

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

YG my understanding is your getting a “playtest kit”, can you play and game and go thru the rules point by point so we get an idea what its about?

I already have one, and I have 4 review videos uploaded so far on my channel with a live stream playtest coming soon.

• IL do you consider creating a war room global map like for the other A&A titles?

• Machete don’t do round maps.

• Customizer

Looking forward to this game!!

• Hey Guys,
        Sorry I haven’t been posting here as well, but have been really keeping an eye on the KS comments and action on bgg.
    Few things I’s like to point out:
    1. While there is talk of possible retail sales of War Room, it probably won’t be a brick and mortar type approach or on-line through other vendors(at least not yet), unless that particular vendor is currently a backer of the game. Extra copies(if available may be sold through Nightingale Games own website, but there is no guarantee of quantity available or price.
    There is also talk that there will be another print run(a 2nd KS campaign that would have retail viability, but that would not likely be until 2019, with retail(as we commonly think of it) not until 2020.
    If anyone is still on the fence, and does not want to wait 2 to 3 years or more, then back it now with this Kickstarter! If you want your favorite local game store to have it, then let them know and have them get in and back for those multi-packs!
    2. Also, with any future “retail” sales, the likely retail version/edition will not be as good as what you are likely to get on KS! It will most likely be a streamlined version.
    3. And lastly, please get on Kicktraq.com, search for War Room, and use the visit project tab to get to the KS page, it will help keep War Room in the public eye on Kicktraq and help keep War Room on the Hot List.
    Lots of KS people view the hot list!
    Thanks guys!
    The success of this Kickstarter has been amazing, but we need to help keep it going and make this game as good and aas great as we possibly can!

• You need to post alot more on this site Big E. i fact of you can demonstrate some of your customizer talents, im sure a badge would not be far off…

• Love it IL, awesome and humorous!

Btw, thanks for the nudge about posting, I have always wanted to post more, and I feel that I have something to offer the community(at least from time time). I am working on a few things that I will be posting in the future! Life has been hectic(as I am sure it is for lots of folks).
    One project is hush-hush for now(will reveal soon). One project I think has a great potential(but just never seems to get off the ground). And one I can talk about that I am currently working on is a painted set of German Infantry in winter gear. I am doing these for my BotB game…which as a matter of fact…segway…I was gojng to ask if it was okay with you if I utilized your BotB map file and printed a copy and with your permission of course did vids on my youtube channel utilizing it.
    Full credit would of course be given to you.

Yours respectfully,
    The Big E

• good deal.

• We now have a dedicated forum to discuss WAR ROOM:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/52/war-room

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m