• I have just bought Axis and Allies revised in early september and since then have played three games. I am definetely hooked and am already saving for the D-Day game. Anyway, whilst playing as the Russians my capital was taken by the Germans. On my next turn, my troops in the caucausus (pardon the spelling) retook Moscow. When can I collect income and purchase units, and if my capital was liberated by an allied power than again, when can I collect income and purchase units.

Help a newbie out!!! :-D

Thanks.

• You can collect income now.
    You can purchase units on your next turn if you still control the capital then.

Develope weapons, purchase units and collect income can be done if you control the capital in real time.
    Only deployment requiers IC to be held at the beginning of the turn.

• At the end of the turn that I liberated the capital or the turn after that?

• Yeh, I applaud u for ur pic and location thinger.  hitler cat for the win

Here how it work:

They iz Germany.  They like “all ur base belong to us lol.  Gimmeh yer munny and wimmen” and u is like “oks u hitler cats”

Then u iz Russia.  Ur like “gimme bak my base sucka!”  But remember that u have no money so you obviously can’t purchase anything.  What if you DID have money, say you captured Berlin.  Doesn’t matter, you STILL can’t purchase anything on that turn.

So.

Russia Turn X:  You recapture your capital.  You can build nothing.  You collect income at the end of your turn.

Russia Turn X + 1:  You haven’t lost your capital since recapturing it on Russia Turn X.  You can now build as you like.

• Thanks for clearing that up guys.

• I sometimes wonder about that paintbrush guy.  Maybe all those crack pipes stuck inside his helmet and chicken, one finally got stuck in his brain!  :-D

• @General_D.Fox:

I sometimes wonder about that paintbrush guy.  Maybe all those crack pipes stuck inside his helmet and chicken, one finally got stuck in his brain!  :-D

he is funky, in a good sense of that word

in one switched described my German play :lol:

General dont see you play much games, why dont you take someone, you beat me like a frog-its a saying i like to use :lol:

it means really heavily

ok i am not dont know how good

but league standings say i am in lower middle postition :wink:

• Amon, you have the meaning of funky correct :-D

Paint is DEFINITELY Funky!

[attachment deleted by admin]

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Speaking of which, I really think they need a new set of rules so that the fall of a capitol does not bankrupt you.  The fall of a capitol and HOLDING it for 1 full turn should bankrupt you.

IE:

1. Japan takes Russia with 1 Armor left.
    2. Russia liberates Russia with 1 Infantry left and gets to keep all the IPC for use next turn.

IE:

1. England takes Germany with 21 armor left.
    2. Germany and Japan fail to liberate the capitol.
    3. England transfers those IPC from Germany to England during the purchase units phase of his next turn.

• @Jennifer:

Speaking of which, I really think they need a new set of rules so that the fall of a capitol does not bankrupt you.  The fall of a capitol and HOLDING it for 1 full turn should bankrupt you.

IE:

1. Japan takes Russia with 1 Armor left.
    2. Russia liberates Russia with 1 Infantry left and gets to keep all the IPC for use next turn.

IE:

1. England takes Germany with 21 armor left.
    2. Germany and Japan fail to liberate the capitol.
    3. England transfers those IPC from Germany to England during the purchase units phase of his next turn.

this how is much more interesting Jenn, you always have to watch out for your capitol

but it simply is so, if the allies somehow were able to capture/destroy Berlin in the early years of the war, the war would soon endeed

i like this threat, especially when playing Germany against UK and Germany and Japan against USSR

i like it as it is :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I never said it was realistic.  But it would be nice if Germany does Sea Lion and wins and America liberates, since all battles are technically going on simultaniously anyway, it could be fun.  Besides, just how long does it take to move the treasury from a nation to another nation without the internet?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m