• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Depending on what Germany purchased and which German subs survived, and providing that none of those subs are in SZ106, it may be possible to save the UK battleship or to make sinking it unattractive by moving it to SZ123, and landing the Scottish and the French fighter on Iceland, assuming the English planes are used for Taranto. If Germany didn’t attack SZ106 or lost that battle, 2 Canadians can be sailed to Iceland to reinforce it against an invasion. Any surviving UK destroyers could also go to SZ123. In case of a J1 DOW, the US can further reinforce Iceland and/or SZ123.

If the Germans then still want to destroy the British battleship, they will need to send most or all of their warships. The US can help by building an Atlantic fleet poised to take out the Germans in SZ123, and the Axis can then prevent that only by postponing Japan’s DOW until turn 3.

• @ShadowHAwk:

Would you scramble 4 planes to defend a damaged BB and a destroyer vs 2 subs 3 fights 3 tacticals and 2 strat bombers?

This presupposes that Germany won those coin-flip-battles on SZ106 and SZ91.
    But my answer is: “No I would not!” Because I would build 10 units on London and get Sealion of the board.

• TripleA

What is the point? You don’t need it.

• '19 '17 '16

You don’t need it but it is useful for holding the USA back from D-Day landings or for late game sea lions. Perhaps if you need it for the former, you aren’t winning unless you have or are going to gain Egypt.

• TripleA

You get the middle east by buying air and attacking ground with it.

• @Cow:

You get the middle east by buying air and attacking ground with it.

Air force > Navy in this game

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m