• Personally, I hate the stupid laugh tracks on todays television shows.  It’s even worse on the Disney channel ( I have two teenagers).

• I  think we need more laugh tracks.

Loud, derisive laughter.

• My favorite shows don’t have laugh tracks - Corner Gas, The Office, Malcolm in the Middle.  Note that Cheers had a live audience as well - this kind of worked for them.
    I hated the manipulative use of laugh tracks in Seinfeld, Friends and others where someone got applause for showing up in the picture.

• @cystic:

My favorite shows don’t have laugh tracks - Corner Gas, The Office, Malcolm in the Middle.  Note that Cheers had a live audience as well - this kind of worked for them.

British or American Office?  Or both?

I hated the manipulative use of laugh tracks in Seinfeld, Friends and others where someone got applause for showing up in the picture.

What do you mean?  A cameo?  Hey, it could be exciting, I guess.  But we are talking about Friends fans here…

• Id like all shows to use the exact laugh track form “I love Lucy” so i can hear that same sounds over and over again from that one lady      (If you watched this show as many times as me- you know the one). It would be an inside joke.

The Laugh track from the Brady Bunch and the Flintstones are also noteworthy.

• @Jermofoot:

@cystic:

My favorite shows don’t have laugh tracks - Corner Gas, The Office, Malcolm in the Middle.  Note that Cheers had a live audience as well - this kind of worked for them.

British or American Office?  Or both?

American - haven’t got into the British yet.

What do you mean?  A cameo?  Hey, it could be exciting, I guess.  But we are talking about Friends fans here…

no no - not a cameo, just when one of the players walks into a scene (usually Kramer).

• @cystic:

American - haven’t got into the British yet.

IMO, American is ok, but it doesn’t compare to the British one.  YMMV

no no - not a cameo, just when one of the players walks into a scene (usually Kramer).

Well, can’t blame the show for the audience.  Them fans can get a bit crazy.  :lol:

• I’ll tell you what’s lame:  when a show has a scene that is intended to be funny, and thus includes a laugh track, but I’m watching it and sitting there saying “What the f*ck?  Did I MISS something?”

Yeah, it seems in that case like the producers, or whatever powers that be, are trying to influence me to put more stock into their show, and I happen to like my free-will, thank you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m