WAR ROOM - New Larry Harris Game

• '17 '16

Well who in their right mind would believe the Earth is round?  That’s just silly.

• Especially with thise fake moon landings……

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

• I kinda get this game. Its really different, but relies on a return to the MB unit mix plus artillery.

Concepts make sense and i like that AA and Artillery are finally in the same unit

• Sponsor

Larry Harris and Thomas Gale will be at Young Grasshopper’s G40 Axis & Allies tournament in Oshawa Ontario Canada September 23, 24th… they will host a demonstration of their new game “The WAR ROOM” which will be streamed live on my YouTube channel.

More news and announcements to come, in the meantime… myself and the Cliffside team are very tiered right now… time to rest.

• Thanks Hoffman and look forward to hearing any more news, YG.

• TripleA '12

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed but the website now has a basic gameplay turn sequence on it with more photos. It’s cool to see how much units cost; not in terms of money but in terms of resources, namely Oil, Steel and Other Strategic Resources (OSR). Looks like you bid Oil to see who goes first, then players move their units simultaneously… Battles ensue and you can choose either an Offensive or Defensive posturing for your units. Air battles are resolved first, then land battles. Looks like units can be retreated or withdrawn for Repair - except for attacking (or Offensive) Infantry. There’s loads to look at on there and I am personally stoked!!  :lol:

• Thanks for sharing Lozmoid. Sounds very interesting. I look forward to hearing more from YG after the tournament.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Young:

Larry Harris and Thomas Gale will be at Young Grasshopper’s G40 Axis & Allies tournament in Oshawa Ontario Canada September 23, 24th… they will host a demonstration of their new game “The WAR ROOM” which will be streamed live on my YouTube channel.

More news and announcements to come, in the meantime… myself and the Cliffside team are very tiered right now… time to rest.

You are in the big time now YG. Nice work.

• Yeah check out the images on the Nightingale Games site!  Man this game looks cool - do I see rail lines?  What the deal with those dice?  WOW!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Having played this game with Larry in his Basement in April, I will say, I am very excited for it’s final release.

Is it different than A&A?  yes.

Could the epic map be converted into an A&A game?  YES:) and It’s a big “movement” from the typical maps and distances we are used to, which is a cool thing.

One of the best components of the game.  The fact that all moves are done in the blind.  It’s kind of like that scenario everyone’s talked about for years, where you setup 3 rooms, 3 boards,  and only the referee’s can see what both forces are up to.

If you can imagine an actual war room, with the “wooden blocks”  that’s the ultimate goal of what this game plans to be.

• Sounds good. Hope it’s all of that.

• They just sent out a rulebook draft in the newsletter today.

• TripleA '12

@calvinhobbesliker:

They just sent out a rulebook draft in the newsletter today.

Awesome. Is it okay for someone to post the rules here please? I cannot access them from work, gets blocked… (I know, I should be working but what the hell lol)

Thank you very much :)

• I didn’t get blocked when I pasted the link below into my browser address box.  Try pasting it in the same way and see if that works.

http://nightingalegames.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3be718d24214ba3cdb46e7252&id=2029884c0d&e=553b3d1b0d

• TripleA '12

@CWO:

I didn’t get blocked when I pasted the link below into my browser address box.  Try pasting it in the same way and see if that works.

http://nightingalegames.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=3be718d24214ba3cdb46e7252&id=2029884c0d&e=553b3d1b0d

Thanks but nope, still blocked. Do NG have their own website with a link to WR or do they only have like a facebook page? Many thanks

• Sponsor

Announcement of Larry Harris Jr and Nightingale games demostration of WAR ROOM at T6GCON and Grasshopper’s G40 Invitational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EjXBOz3Qhc

• Congratulations YG on the upcoming participation of Larry and Nightingale Games at these events for a demo of their forthcoming game.  This is great news indeed.  Looking forward to seeing the after-event report that you’ll prepare (if you’re planning to do so) for your Youtube channel.

• @CWO:

Congratulations YG on the upcoming participation of Larry and Nightingale Games at these events for a demo of their forthcoming game.  This is great news indeed.  Looking forward to seeing the after-event report that you’ll prepare (if you’re planning to do so) for your Youtube channel.

There will be live streaming on YouTube during the event :)

• Well some problems with the design:

1. When you roll dice each unit rolls one die and the color of the spots indicate which unit is destroyed ( obviously the icon for infantry is more prevalent than say fighter) The problem here is your not representing the true power of your units. You cant even calculate the combat odds unless you convert the number of occurrences from the dice and convert into fractions, but how do you account for situations where you got like 4 tanks and 2 fighters, vs. 8 infantry? The dice have far fewer chances to roll a tank or fighter hit, so chances are the 8 infantry get wiped out and perhaps just one loss to the tank force. Or perhaps this is just the opposite of memorizing attack factor and defense factor, putting this all on a 12 sided die? But then again we lose DIFFERENT VALUES FOR ATTACK OR DEFENSE. They are all the same because you always roll the same dice ( no different dice for attack and defense). So you number crunchers will have less fun.

2. All the units have the same icon ( generic infantry, generic battleship) That sucks is is a huge part of what makes AA fun. its like he went backward to the milton bradley days with generic sculpts.

3. French West Africa and Madagascar are both German control, meaning they get the value of these areas and can move in freely. What a farcical idea! These are Vichy and it is true the Germans had limited interaction, but could have never entered these areas or derived any benefit. They should be neutral.

4. AA players like to notate the land areas with three letters (e.g. Italy= Itl)  for whatever reason all the land areas have a number and why?  I understand the sea areas like Atlantic ocean could be notated A-15, but land areas should be known with the same abbreviations as we see in online games ( Ukraine=UKR etc), not S15 or whatever.

5. I mentioned before they need to go with Historical army designations like American 3rd army, British 8th army… not Italian army 189… it makes no sense whatsoever.

6. They kinda borrowed the idea of territory cards from Monopoly and risk, where they have info and you take a physical card .

Not really liking this concept. They went away from AA too far in order to get as far as possible from those designs. Im thinking this is really the design of another, but they brought in Larry to bring interest in the project. It does not seem like a Larry Harris design, but rather the design of a younger man who made Euro games. IMO

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m