• Topic is simple, in your opinion, what do you think is the worst country to play on Turn 1?

I think a good part of us will agree Italy has to be the worse.

• Actually, I would say Italy is good to play because they are not too hard and are on the team that usually wins.
    Probably the Soviet Union would be worse-in a way-because of the feeling of knowing you are more than likely going to get overrun, and there is nothing you can do about besides wait for Anglo American support. Russia has a lot more units and battles, but are stuck in a sandwich in between two big Axis powers.
    Good post idea and God Bless you from,
    -AxisandAlliesGeneral

• '20

US or UK Pacific IMO

• Yeah early game US can be an absolute slog. Even with a J1, it will be several rounds before any American unit is in a position to do anything.

• Anzac.

• Well in the long run (when only considering the major powers) is Russia pretty depressing to play, because your options are quite limited.

If considering all powers or only turn 1 then I would say that China is pretty boring (beside France).

• France. Unless G messed up!

• Out of all the major powers, on turn 1, USA is the worst IMO.  Across the whole game, it would be Italy (assuming that they aren’t running wild in Africa or the Middle East or something crazy) or USSR

• '17 '16

US is boring at first (trying to get into the war), but overall a fun nation to play… of the major players, I would say the USSR would be the worst… because they’re pretty one-dimensional with few options, there’s no “naval strategy”, you need your allies to survive and its just a slog of a nation to play. I would rather play Italy than the USSR, at least they have options and can be more dynamic.

• '19 '17 '16

@Private:

France. Unless G messed up!

Hahaha…. yeah.  :lol:

• Worse nation to be on turn 1? Hands down for me would have to be France. The only country in the game that losses it’s capital on the first turn. :'(

• France would be too easy to say as they have a 97% chance of losing regardless.

• @wittmann:

Anzac.

They do have the best Infantry pieces.

• Possibly. Although I am a fan of German materiel.
    Anzac’s first turn is very scripted: Java and a TT and Inf buy.

• Has to be USA.

Its so far away from anything exciting happening, it needs to plan what its going to do turns in advance, and by that time the board may have changed

Its national objectives are dull and pretty much automatic

It also has to build from the ground up turn one, it cant do much with its units to start with, unlike other countries which offer the player a variety of strategies which they can play around with. Instead the the US just gets an either or choice: do I go East or West?

• @wittmann:

Possibly. Although I am a fan of German materiel.
    Anzac’s first turn is very scripted: Java and a TT and Inf buy.

I love the ANZAC hats.

• @h0lym0nk:

Has to be USA.

Its so far away from anything exciting happening, it needs to plan what its going to do turns in advance, and by that time the board may have changed

Its national objectives are dull and pretty much automatic

It also has to build from the ground up turn one, it cant do much with its units to start with, unlike other countries which offer the player a variety of strategies which they can play around with. Instead the the US just gets an either or choice: do I go East or West?

I dislike the green P-38 Lightnings.

• Surprised no one has said China. There is something fun about attacking with small stacks of infantry against even thinner stacks of Japanese units. It’s alway a “come on 1s, baby” type vibe, and those dicey battles matter.

• China is a 50/50 nation, I have played as China and handed Japan’s ass to them before. Granted, Japan played terribly but still.

• Italy if the British were successful in attacking Taranto & Tobruk. Not much to do but send can openers to the eastern front to assist Germany and help hold Normandy. It feels rough when you play India & Anzac & China when the United States player decides to put most of the money and focus against Germany & Italy. Not much money and all you can do is try and slow down the Japanese juggernaut! France doesn’t count as they get crushed by even average German players.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m