The Inherent Problem with Axis and Allies

• Win by time is no victory  8-)
    Usually, we discuss tactical mistakes and crucial points after the match: the way how a match is won even more important than who won.  And usually, we never get that far because it’s already 6 am and we didn’t reach Korea yet…

• @ShadowHAwk:

But i will generaly give up if there is no chance to win anymore, ofcourse if by delaying the inevitable on 1 side i gain time to maby win on the other side i will do that.

I was once losing badly as Axis in Europe to the point where the Allies had reactivated France. The saving grace was I could delay because Russia was weak on account of having a huge GE/RU battle that resulted in a mutual wipeout of two large stacks. The Allies were so focused on Europe they forgot to pay attention in the Pacific where I had built a little transport fleet, seized Hawaii and since the allies were short of transports in the Pacific there was no way they’d be able to get any of the VC’s back during the next full turn.

Won on a technicality despite certain defeat in Europe.

• A lot of times what usually breaks the Allies is how poor US reacts to what side of the world to fight on.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m