Grasshopper's G40 Invitational - Toronto 2017

• Disciplinary Group Banned

Me and the Grand Masters will go to the G40 tournament to show everyone the VANN FORMULAS, and will be talking to Larry Harris the creator of the A&A game industry. We hope we can see you all there, thank you.

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!!

• Sponsor

@Dauvio:

Me and the Grand Masters will go to the G40 tournament to show everyone the VANN FORMULAS, and will be talking to Larry Harris the creator of the A&A game industry. We hope we can see you all there, thank you.

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!!

Here is my response to this individual who has dragged my name and tournament into his ridiculous agenda…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CirE4q47YsE

• Sponsor

The roster has been updated, only 3 spots left in the tournament.

• Can you add my set of hand painted US Marines to the prize list?

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

Can you add my set of hand painted US Marines to the prize list?

Done, and thank you.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Now that’s a prize worth fighting for!

YG called me and answered some of these questions!

YG,

I have some tournament questions:

#1. Which teams play which teams day 2?

#2. When will sides (Axis/Allies) be chosen?
    Chosen Saturday AM.  Be Ready!

#3. Will there be enough gameboards? (as my team is not able to bring one) or will we need to get one?.
    Gameboards are provided (loaned) for all tables.  so pieces don’t get mixed or lost.

#4. When I played with you in April, victory was achieved by either reaching 8 VC’s or being the first side to score 3 victory tokens.  Is that the case here?  or can ALL tokens essentially be achieved? and bonus tokens for denying/winning the game outright.
    All Tokens can be won, as well as bonus tokens.  “Victory” conditions are still the standard for global.  Players have ALL day to play to score points. Which mean each side must fight to the bitter end! to stop the other from getting more points

#5.  I see a listing of 40min and 50min timers for turns.  How does this work?  Do you mean each time the turn changes 40 min is available? so  Franzac for example has 40 min?  The math/explanation isn’t clear to me.  And whats the penalty for running late? or the bonus for finishing early?
    Time limits will be explained in detail later.  The basic premise is that each country has a set limit per turn.  IE Germany has 15 min, Russia 10 min, each turn.  etc.  Resolve combat is not timed.  If a team goes over their time, they must use a “time token”  Each side has 8 extra time tokens.  If you force an enemy to use all time tokens, you get an extra Victory Token.

• Video on US Marines Prize

https://youtu.be/ZgIfjvp0DX4

• Sponsor

To build on what Gargantua was saying… Q. Which teams play which teams day 2?
    A. All teams playing the Allies on Day #1 (Saturday) will stay on the same beach for Day #2 (Sunday) where they will than play as the Axis. All Axis teams from Day #1 will move 1 beach south onto the next beach to play as the Allies (Sword beach Axis teams will move all the way north onto Utah beach).

Q. When will sides (Axis/Allies) be chosen?
    A. Before 10AM on day one, teams assigned to a beach will roll 1d6, the team with the highest roll plays the Axis powers. The game will begin at 10AM with the German player beginning the game.

Q. Will there be enough game boards? (as my team is not able to bring one) or will we need to get one?. A. If you can’t bring yours, don’t worry… we will have enough lenders that can provide game pieces for each table, if you can bring your copies of 1940 Europe & Pacific (must have both) than contact me and we can supply a beach with just your stuff.

Q. How do I achieve victory in each game, and win the gold medal for my division? A. The goal of each game is to achieve as many Victory Tokens as possible, Victory Tokens are listed in the house rule portion of this thread. Teams can also score Game Tokens which are achieved by winning outright (no ties), by limiting your opponent to zero Victory Tokens, or by playing opposite to a team that has spent all their time extension tokens. All Victory Tokens, and Game Tokens will tallied after 2 full days of gaming, and 4 teams from each division will move on to the medal round games Day 3 (Monday).

Q. How do time restrictions and time extension tokens work?
    A. Each nation has a base time restriction, the timer is paused when entering the resolve combat phase, and is started again at the end of the resolve combat phase. If the nation is not finished their turn within their base time, they must spend a time extension token (8 per team - an extra 5:00 per token). when all time extension tokens are spent and a 9th is needed, the opposite time will receive a Game Token. Also, 2 new extension tokens will be given to the team without any, and if those 2 time tokens are spent and a 3rd is needed… they will lose a Victory Token from their tournament final results.

Here are the base time restrictions for each nation:

Germany -15:00
    Soviet Union - 10:00
    Japan - 15:00
    United States - 10:00
    China - 5:00
    United Kingdom - 15:00
    Italy - 10:00
    ANZAC - 5:00
    France - 5:00

• Question,

Lets say Italy used 5 minutes, is Germany allowed to use those 5 minutes that Itlay did not use?

10 minutes for USA… brutal.  Especially late game.

I can only hope that the US/China/UK turn is a bit of a time blender… 30 minutes for all is much more achievable (especially with 2 players working it.)

Interesting.

4 teams from each division  (Hobbyist and Enthusiast) go to the medal round.

I assume that means 8 teams total for the Monday?  How are the medal winners declared?  Gold, Silver, Bronze, (Iron?)  Depending on how many points are scored in the medal round?

I am really excited for this series.  I want to know who my opponents are going to be in advance haha! but I guess it’s all up to what happens on saturday.  Good work YG!

• Sponsor

@Hunter:

Question,

Lets say Italy used 5 minutes, is Germany allowed to use those 5 minutes that Itlay did not use?

No, any base time not used will be needed to compensate for the possibility of 80 minutes used per game from extension tokens.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

10 minutes for USA… brutal.  Especially late game.

I can only hope that the US/China/UK turn is a bit of a time blender… 30 minutes for all is much more achievable (especially with 2 players working it.)

I would have my purchases ready before my turn starts, I would use 5 min for combat movement and get the clock stopped to resolve, than use my last 5 min for non combat movement and unit placement. The key in time management is to stop the clock for resolve as early as possible… if you need to spend a token, than so be it, but it shouldn’t be needing every round.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Interesting.

4 teams from each division  (Hobbyist and Enthusiast) go to the medal round.

I assume that means 8 teams total for the Monday?  How are the medal winners declared?  Gold, Silver, Bronze, (Iron?)  Depending on how many points are scored in the medal round?

I am really excited for this series.  I want to know who my opponents are going to be in advance haha! but I guess it’s all up to what happens on saturday.  Good work YG!

What does the loser of a bronze medal game get?… exactly.

How is it determined which game is the “gold” medal game, and which one is the “bronze”?  From points on days one and two?

IE if you scored the most points days 1/2  you are GUARANTEED  2nd place even if you score 0 victory points day 3? Just clarifying haha!

YG - can you help me understand why USA only get 10 but UK gets 15?  it should be the other way around.

Purchase is no problem. but the sheer importance of USA, and the amount of units it’s going to be moving around…  especially with a China that likely won’t exist or ever take more than 2 minutes…    And especially with Germany and Japan getting 15 minutes each.

US is gonna get crushed post turn 4; or take both players to complete.

• Sponsor

I’ll be flexible on this…

Germany - 15:00
    Soviet Union - 15:00
    United States - 15:00
    Italy - 15:00

6 extension tokens per team, not 8.

• @Young:

I’ll be flexible on this…

Germany - 15:00
    Soviet Union - 15:00
    United States - 15:00
    Italy - 15:00

6 extension tokens per team, not 8.

I dont think Italy needs 15 Minutes if ANZAC is getting only 5.

10 for Italy should do.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

How is it determined which game is the “gold” medal game, and which one is the “bronze”?� From points on days one and two?

IE if you scored the most points days 1/2� you are GUARANTEED� 2nd place even if you score 0 victory points day 3? Just clarifying haha!

Finding the 4 top teams from each division.

1. Calculate all victory tokens achieved by each team during both days.

Find 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th using above calculation.

1st tie breaker: calculate all game tokens received by each team involved in the tie.

Find 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th using above tie breaker

2nd tie breaker: the team that used the fewest time extension tokens

Find 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th using above tie breaker

Last tie breaker: Suggestions?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m