• :lol: I just got finished watching it, I’d say it’s the funniest movie I’v seen yet!  :lol:  :mrgreen:

• No way, man.  It looks good but not supreme comedy good…

I guess I need to wait until I actually see it to know for sure.

• 2007 AAR League

I actually saw it the night it came out … had to buy a ticket to the 12:10AM showing since the rest were sold out until then!
    It was really funny and it didn’t really slow down at all which was great.

• 2007 AAR League

some new comedies are good.  like super troopers, beer fest, half baked, anchorman, etc.  (think of some more we’ll make a list)

but old school comedies are way better.  better styles, better humor.  i’ll use anything before tommy boy as a reference point.

so billy madison, happy gilmore, tommy boy, dirty work are in their own style and are good.

the greats are way old school……  blazing saddles, spaceballs, caddyshack, airplane, top secret, naked gun, history of the world, young frankenstein, funny farm, planes trains and automobiles, pink panther, dirty rotten scoundrels, three amigos, fletch, dr. strangelove, the great race, the great dictator, etc…

these old movies are way better, b/c they make you laugh super hard and they dont need the low brow humor so prevelent in newer comedies as they struggle to get laughs.

• 2007 AAR League

The trailer looked pretty good, so I downloaded it, haven’t watched it yet though.

Yay for uTorrent and isohunt.com! I’ve been able to download pretty much anything without difficulty using that combination. uTorrent kicks ass on Azureus.

• @balungaloaf:

some new comedies are good.  like super troopers, beer fest, half baked, anchorman, etc.  (think of some more we’ll make a list)

but old school comedies are way better.  better styles, better humor.  i’ll use anything before tommy boy as a reference point.

so billy madison, happy gilmore, tommy boy, dirty work are in their own style and are good.

the greats are way old school……  blazing saddles, spaceballs, caddyshack, airplane, top secret, naked gun, history of the world, young frankenstein, funny farm, planes trains and automobiles, pink panther, dirty rotten scoundrels, three amigos, fletch, dr. strangelove, the great race, the great dictator, etc…

these old movies are way better, b/c they make you laugh super hard and they dont need the low brow humor so prevelent in newer comedies as they struggle to get laughs.

Uh, I’m a huge Half Baked fan, and it is brilliant.  It’s also older than you think.
    Good job on mentioning Dirty Work, though.
    I found BeerFest to be pretty unfunny.  There were some funny parts, but it wasn’t on par with Super Troopers.
    But man, you’ve named a lot of good ones.

@Frood:

The trailer looked pretty good, so I downloaded it, haven’t watched it yet though.

Yay for uTorrent and isohunt.com! I’ve been able to download pretty much anything without difficulty using that combination. uTorrent kicks a** on Azureus.

A lawyer pirating…the world IS coming to and end!!!  :evil:

• blazing saddles, spaceballs, caddyshack, airplane, top secret, naked gun, history of the world, young frankenstein, funny farm, planes trains and automobiles, pink panther, dirty rotten scoundrels, three amigos, fletch, dr. strangelove, the great race, the great dictator, etc.<<

Some of those are great, but I can’t remember laughing nearly as hard watching any of them as my wife and i did this past weekend watching Superbad. I came in expecting to watch you typical teen comedy perhaps a step up from the usual (the previews did look good), but got something far far better than expected.

Ryan S. Johnson
    Guild of Blades Publishing Group
    http://www.guildofblades.com
    http://www.1483online.com
    http://www.thermopylae-online.com

• Lame. No movie can top “The Gods Must Be Crazy”

• Airplane! is the best comedy of all time.
    I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.

Caddy Shack would have to be #2
    Cinderella Story…

History of the World Part 1
    It is good to be the King!

Spaceballs
    Oh great, a Druish Princess!

Fletch
    Dr. Cocktoasten… (Immortalized on the menu of Moe’s Southwestern Grill)

• 2007 AAR League

monty python and the holy grail……the life of brian…meaning of life…yellow beard…jaberwocky…all classic, in order of best to worst.

• How on earth did I forget Monty Python ich den Holy Grailen?

mind you moose bites can be pretty nasty…

• Dr. Strangelove… :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

Mein Fuhrer! :lol:

• @balungaloaf:

monty python and the holy grail……the life of brian…meaning of life…yellow beard…jaberwocky…all classic, in order of best to worst.

Professor Rape!  Professor Death!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m