Video of my portable game table.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Been awhile since I posted anything new, so here is a vid of my portable table, breaks down to put away, works with global and theatre, and fits in the car! Sorry no pics, actually just popped in to update my map topic, then was “oh yeah” the table vid :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMMTOxLgGKM&t=18s

• Nice video and great break-part/snap-together modular table!  I wouldn’t have though that a monster-sized game like Global 1940 could have a portable table designed for it, so this is very impressive.  I especially liked the unexpected twist, towards the middle of the video, showing that the full-sized table setup for four map panels could be reconfigured as a half-sized, two-panel version to play E1940 or P1940 by itself.  Very nice work.

• I will definitely be making one of these!
    Does the chip and money holder section latch to the main board section?

• '19 '18 '17

Siredblood,

That setup is phenomenal.  I am jealous, as I have zero woodworking skills. :-D  … and I have a real need for something portable due to temporary living arrangements (like yourself).

Have you used it with other iterations of the game (e.g., 1942SE, AA50), or do you just play Global or one of the component games?

BTW, your painting and the rest of your customizations are also amazing.  True talent.

Cheers,
    D

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for the comment Marc! It only took a couple theatre games of clipping the boards together, then adding pillars under one side to get it “stable” to realize, “this don’t cut it” lol.

@wildcat- na, I originally had plans to, I even have the clips, but was not necessary. In addition, when we play at stores, its nice to have it be able to “float” around. I actually wanted to make 2 of the dice/money trays to accommodate both sides of the board, but as you see in my vid, im maxed out in space, the 7’+ is wide as I can go…. so the 1 tray, just floats around if needed.

@Dajokr- I only have Global, and the 1999 Europe (which has not seen daylight since I got global… which is unfortunate, its a great game).

• Sponsor

Awesome video bro, great customization… what are those bright shinny tokens representing the nations?.. are those for the income tracker? how are they made? Thanks.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Young:

Awesome video bro, great customization… what are those bright shinny tokens representing the nations?.. are those for the income tracker? how are they made? Thanks.

Thanks, actually the skinny ones are for the turn sequence, as you know it changes between 1940/42 also, for “theatre mode”. The larger ones (really thick) are for income.

Also, linked your gofundme in there, hope it helps, and see you soon brother!

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Intrepid:

What an awesome game table! Very creative, and well executed. I especially like the aging/distressing you did in the corners and nooks & crannies, that’s the kind of attention to detail that most people would never think of.

Thanks much, it wasn’t the same… clean lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m