Risk: Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition

• '17 '16

My Custom Leaders for the Mordor and Isengard forces of the Two Towers…

Black Leaders (from left to right)
    Nazgul, Gothmog, Witch-King of Angmar, Guritz, The Mouth of Sauron and Easterling Commander

Red Leaders (from left to right)
    Grima Wormtongue, Uruk-Hai Warrior, Saruman, Ugluk, Lurtz and Lugdush

LotRRisk_BlackLeaders_Sm.jpg
    LotRRisk_RedLeaders_Sm.jpg

• We play the game. It’s the best of the Risk games. My customized leader was a plastic dragon.

• '17 '16

I guess I should add a closeup of the Dice Tower(s) from Solidfactory… I always end up spending way more on customizations for my games then I do for the games themselves!

SolidFactoryDiceTower.jpg

• :-o DAAAAANG.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

I really liked Risk 2210, this was the game we used as our crew Wargame before AxA came back up among everyone and the desire to learn a harder ruleset was there.    Everything needs to be nuked, including the moon.

• '17 '16

I played my first LOR Risk. The map is great and kind of jog my memory about geographic regions of Middle-Earth.
    Ship lanes can surprise you, from the lower part to the upper, you can reach it in two combats.
    I enjoyed this upgrade version of Risk.

• I got it when it first came out. Just played a game with my little one. He liked it but i wiped the board with him pretty quick.(his first time playing any risk) at one point he wanted to attack and say the odds were against him, then said " what the heck…its called risk for a reason"…i like the fortress pieces. Ill have to look 4 them

• '17 '16

@Bob77:

i like the fortress pieces. Ill have to look 4 them

There are 11 Fortress locations on the LotR Risk Board… if you go on E-Bay, look for “LotR Monopoly” hotels/pieces… I think they come in a set of 12 per Monopoly game… by default, they are a semi-translucent white plastic from their original game… as that’s a neutral color, you can easily use one set to cover the entirety of the Fortresses in the LotR Risk game.

Of course, if you’re an anal-retentive gamer like me, that won’t do, and you’ll get your hands on four sets of LotR Monopoly hotels and paint them to match the army colors (it is a curse, sorry). Considering how important Fortresses are in the game, and that they add one-army per turn when under your control, I always thought it was important to have an actual piece on the game board in the appropriate color to quickly determine who owns what and where at a glance, rather then trying to see the printed icon on the map, buried under army units.

@Baron:

I played my first LOR Risk. The map is great and kind of jog my memory about geographic regions of Middle-Earth.
    Ship lanes can surprise you, from the lower part to the upper, you can reach it in two combats.
    I enjoyed this upgrade version of Risk.

Oh that’s cool… where did you get your copy from, and what made you decide to play it for the first time this year? Have you/are you going to customize and/or trick-out your copy of the game?

• '17 '16

It was my friend which invited me for a game.

I like to add a few pieces here and there (I used micromachines for Firefly and Risk Star Wars).
    I will not buy anything for now, but if we play more often, I will try to add something for Fortresses.

Monopoly hotels really work?

• I actually used my LOTR Risk pieces as stand in units, when I am thinking with new house rule units. Your customizations look amazing!

• '17 '16

@Baron:

I will not buy anything for now, but if we play more often, I will try to add something for Fortresses.

Monopoly hotels really work?

Not just ANY Monopoly hotels… as you know, Monopoly comes in many, Many, MANY different themed versions… the Monopoly Hotels I used were from LotR Monopoly… and yes, the hotels from LotR Monopoly are basically Middle Earth fortresses perfectly suited in size and sculpt for use in LotR Risk… as I mentioned earlier, by default they come in a semi-translucent white, which can be used for all sides… I went one step further and painted mine to match the four army colors for further clarity. If you search E-Bay, you can probably find someone just selling the LotR hotels for cheap… I didn’t spend much, and a lot cheaper than buying the whole game just for the hotels.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m