• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Adimar:

Also Jenn, what about my question on what you think is the best starting advantages for Germany and Japan?  This goes for anyone else who wants to add thier input.

You know, I am rather hesitant to declare best starting advantages for any nation because there are so many instances where one advantage works wonderfully to neutralize another advantage.  The best part of advantages is that they force the game to change drastically.

With that said, I like Tokyo express if you are in a Kill Japan First.  Super Battleships (LHTR) is freaking awesome too, almost a guarenteed hit.  Stratofortresses in OOB are game breaking, you’ll win no matter what with that advantage.  Mechanized Infantry is good too.  Mobil Complexes have been fun.  Dive bombers are really handy!

• @Jennifer:

@Adimar:

Also Jenn, what about my question on what you think is the best starting advantages for Germany and Japan?  This goes for anyone else who wants to add thier input.

You know, I am rather hesitant to declare best starting advantages for any nation because there are so many instances where one advantage works wonderfully to neutralize another advantage.  The best part of advantages is that they force the game to change drastically.

With that said, I like Tokyo express if you are in a Kill Japan First.  Super Battleships (LHTR) is freaking awesome too, almost a guarenteed hit.  Stratofortresses in OOB are game breaking, you’ll win no matter what with that advantage.  Mechanized Infantry is good too.  Mobil Complexes have been fun.  Dive bombers are really handy!

In one game I played with my friends, I got absolutely nuked as the Russians because my friend pretty much used his fighters to devastating effect EVERYWHERE!!!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Hurts that the Axis start with 12 fighters, 2 bombers between two nations, don’t it?  (I’d count the allied ones, but most of those are destroyed on Round 1. :P)

I believe the trick is to force the Axis to break up their fighter formations over multiple territories, OR, attack territories with AA Guns.  Though, I am always happy when I can take ou German Panzers even if I cannot get their Stutkas.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m