• '19 '17 '16

Also an ANZAC IC on Java could be powerful if Japan didn’t take it. Probably makes the value of the islands too much though.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

If he had no ground forces on japan except AAA guns when you had transports in reach then something is wrong

• @taamvan:

If he had no ground forces on japan except AAA guns when you had transports in reach then something is wrong

Just played an extremely close game in January. I had a gigantic allied fleet parked in the Carolina Islands and japan who went all out attacking the USSR and spent little focus on the money islands was just sitting in sz6. When he finally decided to leave sz6 and take the Philippines he left 2 DDs to block my advance on Japan. I was able to can open with the US fleet, and use the Anzac transport/fleet to take Japan. Never forget about can openers -_-

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Right!  That’s why once the US is lurking Japan its easy to buy 3-4 infantry and get your fighters back together (as well as continue to replace destroyers)…its just too easy to defend and America has to make its intentions well known by getting close to you before he is ready to attack

that’s also why the kamikaze rule seems like heaping on because you can shred USA carriers and cruisers (luck willing) and it makes a direct combined fleet attack on SZ 6 even less desirable

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m