• I made a new realistic attack and defend board set.  Try it out and see if you like it.  Please tell me if you think it’s good or if it needs some changes.  Just click the link to go to the page.  If you’re going to print them off the internet, they’re set up for landscape printing.  Make sure the margins for the edge of the paper are as low as your printer allows.

Attack: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z149/HamMan101/aaattack.jpg
    Defend: http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z149/HamMan101/aadefend-1.jpg

Some new changes: Each piece attacks against other pieces at different rates.  (Ex. Infantry needs a 3 or less to kill another infantry, but a 1 to kill a tank).  There have been other changes, such as artillary cannot attack planes anymore.  In addition, artillary are the only ground units that can attack a battleship in a sea to land assult.  I have also made the planes stronger.  This makes air superiority more realistic.  Now you can do those stratigic air raids you always wanted.  To counter stronger planes, I have made AA guns able to kill planes with a 2 or less instead of the traditional 1.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention, the dice roller gets to choose what they kill.

• You fail to take into account that the defender gets to choose their losses… so whose to say which three units 3 attacking inf are firing at?

Example:
    (Not the greatest ‘practical’ atack example)

3 german inf attack a 2 russian inf, a US bomber and a uk ftr.

what do you roll for the german inf?

• Ah yes, sorry for mentioning that.  In my board example, who ever rolls the dice gets to choose what they attack.  It changes it up, but it also makes it more fun.

• I doubt you will get many converts here.

Choosing your own losses is a key element of strategy in this game.  Removing it simply enforces an INF/ART mechanic that rapidly would make play pretty boring.

• @ncscswitch:

Choosing your own losses is a key element of strategy in this game.  Removing it simply enforces an INF/ART mechanic that rapidly would make play pretty boring.

I’ve played with this board many times and I’ve never had that happen.  It just makes the game more interesting.  You should play with it before you judge it like that.  Being able to choose who you attack adds to the strategy.  You get to decide what you want to kill.

• 2007 AAR League

enhanced realism rules are pretty awesome in letting the attacker and defender choose opponent casualties on rolls of one.

but regular infantry can still only kill regular infantry.

but the one’s rule is nice b/c battles are unpredictable and the defender or attacker doesnt have the luxury of being able to know which units of his will go first.

• @balungaloaf:

but regular infantry can still only kill regular infantry.

Don’t quite know what you mean by that.  The infantry can kill infantry, artillary, tanks, fighters, and bombers.

• another way of doing this is to allocated an attacker chosen hit from any artillery or fighters rolling a one, and allowing tank hits to go against enemy armor or artillery first.

This is balanced and its been tested in my own games, but its an old idea since the 80’s.

Bombers cant do this because they are carpet bombers, while the other units are designed for targeted attacks.

You can have a sub do this on ones too as well as the battleship.

At least it would be easy to remember.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m