• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@simon33:

There’s a “Balanced Mod” in Triple-A which sees about 55% allied victory.

Not exactly balanced then, is it?

:-)

• Yeah, I see the new BM requiring a bigger and bigger bid for the Axis.  I think that +3 Axis is minimum and +5 to +10 is getting more common.  The ability of the Allies to keep fighting even after the fall of Moscow is a big change.  It is also much tougher for China to be crushed and stay crushed.  They have an annoying habit of getting a big army later in the game.

• '19 '17

@Arthur:

Yeah, I see the new BM requiring a bigger and bigger bid for the Axis.  I think that +3 Axis is minimum and +5 to +10 is getting more common.  The ability of the Allies to keep fighting even after the fall of Moscow is a big change.  It is also much tougher for China to be crushed and stay crushed.  They have an annoying habit of getting a big army later in the game.

Moscow is significantly more important in BM when compared to vanilla, since the base income of Russia is higher and they’ll keep producing some units even with most of their territories lost.

• I can’t loose with the Allies, please play me on tripleA.

• The claims that the game is balanced keep coming in  :|.  People probably are facing conservative Axis players who don’t know how to properly do early game DoWs or take advantage of the air power to focus attacks on points of weakness.  I am curious if this flexibility to project power will allow the Axis to overcome a +60 Allied bid.  I will find out soon…

In a local area gaming group, there is one player who loves to turtle down in Moscow when he plays Russia.  He only builds infantry, and then spend half an hour contemplating what to do before deciding not to launch a single attack.  After 7 or 8 rounds, the Axis opponents become so bored and frustrated they decide to just roll the dice in Moscow instead of focusing on a 15ish round victory.  Usually the turtle wins the confrontation.

• '19 '17 '16

Who is going to play Axis against a +60 Allied bid?

• http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39334.0

UK
    Sub SZ 98, 92, 111
    Tank Egypt
    Art alex
    Fighter schotland
    Transport south afrika
    Mech Burma

Russia
    int Western Ukrain
    art belarus  , Amur

So far it hasn’t been too bad for the Axis.  I will lose Africa of course, and I had to let the UK SZ111 fleet escape.  Things are also slower in Asia and I likely need to do a J3 DoW, especially playing against an aggressive Chinese opposition.  Still, I think that there is a good shot for the Axis to win if I play well.

• '19 '17 '16

I think that is heroic. I would have done the USSR strengthens Yunnan strategy but I still think that the allies will have this one.

• There is an interesting thread suggesting China taking first place in the turn order.  I haven’t tested it yet, but intend to soon as it seems like a good balancing tool.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=35417.0

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@simon33:

Who is going to play Axis against a +60 Allied bid?

wow, 60 bid!?!?!?!?!?!

that is insane!  I’ll take any axis player for 60!  :lol:

• I am sure that you would crush anyone with a 60 bid, Karl!  Fortunately I am going against someone who is uber aggressive and I can use his aggressiveness to slowly wear away his initial advantage.  I just started a +80 game.  I think that I have a shot at winning but obviously the dice might decide to say otherwise.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Once the bid gets past 50, I suggest we just do bids by weight;

“no, we will play the Allies for 17 grams of infantry.”

pours the bid onto the board

• '19 '17 '16

@simon33:

I think that is heroic. I would have done the USSR strengthens Yunnan strategy but I still think that the allies will have this one.

Wow. I was wrong! Axis win against a +60 bid.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

@simon33:

@simon33:

+60?  +80?  Holly SHITT!

I’d say anything more than 30 would be nigh impossible for the Axis… with 30 you can crush Italy, save 1 of the UK fleets… and more!  :-o

• I see some of the games reaching up to 40 bids now between good players.  You can’t aim to do a G6-7 Moscow march, but instead aim to equalize the incomes and think about a G10-14 attack on Moscow.  Italy is just going to fail in both the Med and Africa when the bids hit 30 or more.  The rest of the bid is going to slow down Japan or the German march into Russia.  Still, a good G1 round will more than make up an additional 10 points of bid.

• '19 '17 '16

Of those 40 or more bids, how many do axis win?

Sounds like you had his number in the 60 bid game but that has to be exceptional.

• @Karl7:

@simon33:

@simon33:

+60?  +80?   Holly SHITT!

I’d say anything more than 30 would be nigh impossible for the Axis… with 30 you can crush Italy, save 1 of the UK fleets… and more!  :-o

Honest question here Karl but where would you put a bid of 30 that allows a UK fleet to be saved? Unless you are referring to the SZ106 fleet or possibly SZ91… But I personally interpret fleet as SZ110 or SZ111.  It is an honest question, because if there is a way I can save 110 or 111 and destroy Italy with 30, than I am missing it.

• '19 '17 '16

Do you put a fighter on Scotland?

The Luftwaffe can still take out both fleets but they lose most of their force with a scramble which is a bad attack.

• @simon33:

Do you put a fighter on Scotland?

The Luftwaffe can still take out both fleets but they lose most of their force with a scramble which is a bad attack.

True, but G1 purchases have to be taken into account.

• '19 '17 '16

If they buy a CV and two TTs, you can respond with a 9 inf buy and still scramble. The Luftwaffe planes you would kill would also support the sea lion.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m