Issues with HistoricalBoardGaming.com

• Hello All,

Has anyone had issues with this company? I made an order and received it, but was short one item. I’ve tried contacting them through their contact page, email and called, all with no reply.

Thanks

• Sponsor

I was short on an order 2 years ago, and after contacting them they corrected it immediately. Try again, maybe call… I know they want to make it right.

• I hope. I do like their product and would like to order more.

• I’ve spent a load of money there. They are a bit slow to reply sometimes. But I’ve been happy with my every order so far.

• '17 '16

I have ordered a lot from them in the past year… I’ve had the occasional short or wrong item sent, and I was always able to contact them and get the issue resolved in a decent amount of time… keep at it, I’m sure they’ll fix it.

• My first order they sent me a wrong piece and corrected it. Second order I was short two pieces send them a message and no reply. Unfortunately I am in Canada and I can’t afford to make new orders every time they make a mistake as their policy is they don’t pay for shipping to Canada even if they make a mistake.

• I’ve ordered plenty from them and in my experience they are very fast and accurate.

• They did come through, I received the missing pieces today.  :-)

• Sponsor

@IntoTheBreach:

They did come through, I received the missing pieces today.  :-)

This thread is a great testimony of how awesome HBG is.

• I just purchased my first ever order from HBG less then an hour ago. Made it something small just to test the waters, so to speak. I find my gaming group always starts to run short on grey and red chips. Never ran out but have come pretty close a couple times. So I bought 2 Europe/Pacific '40 bags of grey/green/red chips. Pretty much to double up my set.

I will re-post here once I received the order to give a yay or nay on the order accuracy and time waiting to receive it. Keeping in mind I did post my order on a Saturday so I will start my timer on Monday. :)

• '18 '17 '16

I’ve received at least a dozen (probably more) orders from them in the last 6 months. A couple of times they have missed putting something in the order but they have always made good on my missing pieces. I would recommend them to anyone.

• I have met Doug and Will in person, they truly are incredible people. I have never had issues and HBG even did a few off the cuff requests for an order. I also highly recommend them myself

• '17 '16

@ProtesT:

I just purchased my first ever order from HBG less then an hour ago. Made it something small just to test the waters, so to speak. I find my gaming group always starts to run short on grey and red chips. Never ran out but have come pretty close a couple times. So I bought 2 Europe/Pacific '40 bags of grey/green/red chips. Pretty much to double up my set.

Just an FYI, nothing wrong with HBG (at all), but if you’re looking for custom colors, or more of the same, look up on Amazon “mini poker chips”… they are tubes of 50 chips (7/8"), in various colors and are compatible with A&A.

@ProtesT:

I will re-post here once I received the order to give a yay or nay on the order accuracy and time waiting to receive it. Keeping in mind I did post my order on a Saturday so I will start my timer on Monday. :)

Most of us who have been on the forum awhile all know and trust HBG… they’re a reputable company, and I’m sure you’ll find, your orders are safe with them… they are definitely NOT fly-by-night, and you can trust your orders with them.

• @Wolfshanze:

Most of us who have been on the forum awhile all know and trust HBG… they’re a reputable company, and I’m sure you’ll find, your orders are safe with them… they are definitely NOT fly-by-night, and you can trust your orders with them.

I wasn’t posting that because I had any doubts. It was more of a way to prove that they are legit, or so I heard. But I still wanted to test them out so I ordered something small. If all goes well I will “up the ante” so to speak as there is quite a bit of things there I would like. And as far as my order goes, it seems so far so good. I ordered my items Saturday and first thing Monday morning I got a confirmation email that the item is in the process of shipping. Today the order tracker states it has arrived at the “Origin USPS”.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@ProtesT:

@Wolfshanze:

I wasn’t posting that because I had any doubts. It was more of a way to prove that they are legit, or so I heard. But I still wanted to test them out so I ordered something small. If all goes well I will “up the ante” so to speak as there is quite a bit of things there I would like. And as far as my order goes, it seems so far so good. I ordered my items Saturday and first thing Monday morning I got a confirmation email that the item is in the process of shipping. Today the order tracker states it has arrived at the “Origin USPS”.

Hopefully we did a good job and you will come back and shop again. Thanks for your support.

• @Wolfshanze:

I agree.  I’ve had good service from HBG on all my orders.  RAF Bomber Command in WWII was a fly-by-night outfit, but HBG is definitely not that kind of operation.  :)

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

<groan>  :-P  :roll:</groan>

• '17 '16 '15

I’ll chime in to say that I’ve ordered multiple times from HBG and have been very happy with their service!

A great place to get extra items for our “hobby” :).

• Excellent, excellent, excellent! I waited a grand total of 6 business days, on the 7th I received my order of Global grey, green and red chips. Packaged nicely and even got an Italian roundel coaster as a bonus! Will most definately buy from HBG again. In fact I already have my second order on its way, a bunch of the nice rounded edge dice from the 42.2 edition. A bunch more stuff will be needed, like Italian and Anzac pieces to bolster those nations to just name a couple starters.

• '17 '16

@ProtesT:

Excellent, excellent, excellent! I waited a grand total of 6 business days, on the 7th I received my order of Global grey, green and red chips. Packaged nicely and even got an Italian roundel coaster as a bonus! Will most definately buy from HBG again. In fact I already have my second order on its way, a bunch of the nice rounded edge dice from the 42.2 edition. A bunch more stuff will be needed, like Italian and Anzac pieces to bolster those nations to just name a couple starters.

Won’t be much longer and you’ll have so many coasters from HBG, you won’t know what to do with them all.  I have a pretty big stack of them myself.

As for dice, once I started using the national Battle Dice (from FMG, sold through IWNGU), I can never go back to “regular” dice for A&A.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m