AAMRE: Axis and Allies Modern Revised Edition

• @Imperious:

do you like the pictures of subs and bombers etc? you like more or less?

I am changing the A bomb with a black and white because it shows up better and will add 2 more images ( carrier and soviet ICBM)

Yea, well IL the graphics on map are awsome, I could never do anything like this

• Also, I know its probably more realistic to have dedicated armour infatry units, but I really like you original Idea for an APC unit that would just transport regular infantry or if you decide to keep the armored unit have you thaught about giving armored units second moves, i’ve seen that rule in a lot of variations, it also would make the extra cost for tanks in this scenario well worth it.

• All units that still have MP left can make an additional move (even if they attacked).

The armored infantry unit is represented by table tactics APC unit. Right now i only have choppers carrying infantry. I am not too hip with any movements boosts, because the armored infantry is mobile infantry to begin with. i don’t want the lines of regular infantry and armored to get too close. Most of american infantry will be armored, while infantry in say Jordan will be normal.

the last link for the map is probably the final product.

• @Imperious:

All units that still have MP left can make an additional move (even if they attacked).

Sorry, thats not what I meant. I was thinking that you could give armor and extra attack in a special “Mechanized Phase” after normal atttack. Maybe aircraft should be able to do the same thing.

• ahh…. breakthrough and exploitation?

ok ill look into this…

• @Imperious:

ahh…. breakthrough and exploitation?

Yea something likle that

• Another thing you might consider IL is instead of having a militia piece, you could have an insurgent unit that could be biult in certain occupied countries.

It would act like a sub would, but on land

It would have a very week attack, but could strike at will, and would be very hard to counter attack.

• Yea my intention is that they don’t leave their original nations territory… they are also citizen army… “insurgents” Militia is a borrowed term from fortress america, because thats the piece im using  to represent them. I like insurgents better and will make the change. I like the first strike attack and ill employ it… but its hard because these units cost 2 IPC attack at 1 defend at 1 … i guess if they hit then they can “run  away” and hide… if they miss they get blown away.

yep that would work. good point!

• Yea, exactly.

By the way, how are the setup cards coming along.

• I have to get the map from the printers and set up to see the issues… then ill get a proper setup sheet. I dont want to have to do the job twice. Once i got a decent set up ill take pictures of everything and post. Yes i have lots and lots of nice new modern pieces… including painted up GHQ modern tanks and such for all 4 players.

I am working on the template/table for "plugging’ in the deployment and player aids for tech tree and battleboard.

latter comes random event cards.

On the insurgency troops I like the idea that if you control a territory these troops can keep showing up for one round attacks. This will force garrisons so that you don’t lose control of neutrals. The Soviets will have more problem with them as they are the aggressors. I will make a table of insurgency for each neutral so they have a built in potential for causing trouble.

any other rules looks out of place? any other suggestions?

I deliberately made them simple.

• Other than the Lazer Techs, which I guess are supposed to be unrealistic, everything seems ready for playtesting.

IMP. where can I get that program

• you can get a bootleg version ( no not from me)… or pay like 300.00 or get a student to buy you a educational copy from a university book store ( any real one should have it).

otherwise, you just DW it and take to printers and run off a copy… also you can DW adobe viewer and see it.

Id got to AAA flag and Banner.com and send them the file to link and print. they are cheap. It will cost you like $175. for the top quality… if you go paper it will be like $40 and look lame.

• Other than the Lazer Techs, which I guess are supposed to be unrealistic, everything seems ready for playtesting.

The lazer techs are the outcrop of Reagan’s “star wars defense plan” and using the lazers is the modification of this system for the battlefield. In a real WW3 you would see the most incredible technology developed really quickly. hover tanks are not too remote… and they represent alot of progress on the tech chart to even get. Im just using all the fortress America pieces as best as possible.

The lazer sheilds are those FA lazers. The elite troops are FA troops, super bombers are FA bombers, the rest is Table tactics and normal AA pieces.

IM getting some Atomic bombs from those knobs from drawers at a hardware store. Buying supremacy for them is a waste.

• @Imperious:

Other than the Lazer Techs, which I guess are supposed to be unrealistic, everything seems ready for playtesting.

IM getting some Atomic bombs from those knobs from drawers at a hardware store. Buying supremacy for them is a waste.

Clever

But about Lazer Tanks, that is a little too unrealistic, no one is deveping something like that even now. Maybe a Tank that shoots smart missles would be more realistic.

Or instead of Lazer sheilds you could have an anti-ICBM SAM which accually exist.

Hovercrafts make more sence, but I have not heard of anything that has anywhere near the range you are giving them.
    They would be used for smaller scale opperation were they would travel on rivers and attack nearby targets.

What the Hell is DW accronim

Can it be put into the same file as Big World A&A map, so I can look. Pretty please, with sugar and a cherry on top. ;)

• DW ….=Download.

find out what type of file this “big world thing is” and ill see.

I have a few files other than PDF and JPEG which i cannot save it in ( too large)

• But about Lazer Tanks, that is a little too unrealistic, no one is deveping something like that even now. Maybe a Tank that shoots smart missles would be more realistic.

Or instead of Lazer sheilds you could have an anti-ICBM SAM which accually exist.

Hovercrafts make more sence, but I have not heard of anything that has anywhere near the range you are giving them.
    They would be used for smaller scale opperation were they would travel on rivers and attack nearby targets.

They dont exist, but they could at a huge investment cost. I like the SAM idea, but its got to be a weaker version of the “starwars” defense plan, because its not as good.

• Ok, but about Elite infatry, they have to have some special abilities, cause right now they seem like some super heavy infantry unit instead of a crack light tactical force.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m