• I am new to the forums and have seen the abbreviation TUV. What is meant by this?

• Total Unit Value.
    The Allies start with more and know they are losing when the Axis get within 300 of them, at the end of France’s go.

• Thanks.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@wittmann:

Total Unit Value.
    The Allies start with more and know they are losing when the Axis get within 300 of them, at the end of France’s go.

This is really a very good indication on how you are doing. My rule of thumb is similar, you are doing OK at 400

• This is new to me as well. If you calculate the cost of all the axis units and allied units you get the TUV of each? And you’re suggesting that if the axis powers get with in 300 ipc’s of units to the allies then they can win?

• TUV primarily applies to TripleA where the computer can easily add up the value of units on each side, and also runs simulations of battles thousands of time to see if you are killing more valuable units than you have lost yourself.  The Allies start with a 573 TUV advantage and also are out-earning the Axis by a 2:1 advantage.  Obviously the Axis is in a much better starting position than the Allies so the advantage rapidly disappears during the first 5-10 rounds.

There is no magic TUV number for the Axis to obtain, but certainly closing the unit advantage gap from 573 down to 300 is a good sign that you have done lots of good battles and improved your economy.  I personally don’t look at the TUV gap and instead focus on the major objectives for each side: capturing Moscow for the European theater and getting India or Australia for the Axis.  Obtain your goals on just one side of the map and you are in good shape regardless of TUV numbers.

• Ah, that makes sense now. Thank you

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m