2017 League General Discussion Thread

• Adam is the final boss after you win the championship

• '15 '14

Well, at least for the 2015 championship I have to mention that I already had Adam as opponent in the first round of the playoffs. So if you want to summon an endboss for Zhukov or me it has to be someone else:D

• '19 '17 '16

@-Pete:

Adam is the final boss after you win the championship

Not if he didn’t nominate for play-offs.

• '19 '17 '16

I’d like to propose a rule. When someone asks for casualties without rolling, the defender can roll themselves. Would save some time wastage with new players.

• You actually don’t need a rule for that, just go ahead and do it.
    We did have a former league player or two who would go ballistic if you rolled your own dice on their turn, so beware if you do it without saying anything ahead of time to your opponent.  A reasonable person would not object, though.

• '19 '17 '16

@Gamerman01:

You actually don’t need a rule for that, just go ahead and do it.
    We did have a former league player or two who would go ballistic if you rolled your own dice on their turn, so beware if you do it without saying anything ahead of time to your opponent.  A reasonable person would not object, though.

That’s why I suggested a rule. It’s their fault for not rolling it though.

• '19 '17 '16

Ruling requested. Variance loaded 2 units onto a transport J11, attacked Kwangsi with one of them and J12 attacked Sumatra with the other. This is illegal right?

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=39055.new;topicseen#new

• '22 '16

Not a rules expert but I’m pretty sure if you load units during the combat phase and do an amphibious assault you have to unload everything.  No saving it for later!  Someone called me out on that once.

• You mean on US11 when he loaded infantry/artillery from the Philippines and dropped only the infantry on Japan’s Kwangsi?  Yes that’s illegal.  It’s legal if the transport was already loaded at the beginning of US11, which it was not.

Wasn’t easy to find since you said J11 and J12  :-P  :-)

• '19 '17 '16

@Gamerman01:

You mean on US11 when he loaded infantry/artillery from the Philippines and dropped only the infantry on Japan’s Kwangsi?  Yes that’s illegal.  It’s legal if the transport was already loaded at the beginning of US11, which it was not.

Wasn’t easy to find since you said J11 and J12  :-P  :-)

Oops! Sorry about that.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Dice server seems to be down

• '19 '17 '16

Working now. I’ve had an intermittent problem with the dice server though.

Release 1.9.00.3736 changes the default post mode to showing dice/battle details in case anyone is interested. Surprisingly I was able to get that change incorporated.

This also has the change that air raids then bombing raids become automatically selected. This was mostly for online games to prevent a pass of control between defender scramble/kamikaze decisions and defender intercept decisions. Also forces them to be made at the correct point in the sequence.

The bug about rockets showing their damage before the selection of the next rocket’s target is fixed but not the one about a rocket disabling a scrambling airbase. The blitzing bug has been removed from the notes. It’s not a problem! You can’t blitz through a territory with something targetable by a rocket/SBR in Global.

Tried to incorporate some auto kills but couldn’t get it accepted. Defenseless transports and defenseless amphibious assaults with no sea battle FWIW.

• '19 '17 '16

It’s possible to change the maps to combine the USA/China/UK post and the ANZAC/France post.

Will anyone have any issues with doing that? I guess if you’re playing more than 2 player (including play by email) it won’t work so well. Doubt that anyone playing this way plays by forum/email although I guess it is possible.

• '20 '16

We can’t download the game file I posted to the forum. I’ve tried it a few different ways but always get the same message about error while parsing. I piggy back posted in the software thread, but thought I’d try here too.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39223.0;attach=568108

• '19 '17 '16

Has the forum run out of disk space for attachments again?

• '15 '14

If the forum is out of space one cannot attach files anymore. However, the current problem occurred before already, too. I assume someone informed Djensen?

• '22 '16

Question about BM.  Its turn 2 and ANZAC in not at war in the pacific yet.  Vichy rules are in effect. Can ANZAC take FIC and what are the political ramifications of that? Thanks.

• '19 '17

@majikforce:

Question about BM.  Its turn 2 and ANZAC in not at war in the pacific yet.  Vichy rules are in effect. Can ANZAC take FIC and what are the political ramifications of that? Thanks.

Yes they can and no political ramifications.

• '19 '17 '16

Hmm. If it was a friendly neutral you wouldn’t be able to because you aren’t at war on the pacific map.

Not long ago I undid a move to do this because I thought it was illegal.

• There’s no such thing as being at war on only one map for UK/ANZAC

UK/ANZAC begins the game at war with Germany and Italy, so can take pro-Axis neutral territories anywhere in the world

There’s no difference between UK/India taking FIC, or ANZAC taking FIC

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m