• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Scenario (A&A Anniversary Ed):

Japanese fleet occupies Philippine sea zone. US has industrial complex on Philippines. US builds destroyer in Philippine sea zone at end of turn.

When it is Japan’s next turn, Japan player must either engage destroyer or retreat from sea zone.

Can he selectively move out ships which he does not want in combat? Or do all ships have to do the same thing?

Thx

• canit build IC on island yo

• '19 '17 '16

@LHoffman:

Scenario (A&A Anniversary Ed):

Japanese fleet occupies Philippine sea zone. US has industrial complex on Philippines. US builds destroyer in Philippine sea zone at end of turn.

When it is Japan’s next turn, Japan player must either engage destroyer or retreat from sea zone.

Can he selectively move out ships which he does not want in combat? Or do all ships have to do the same thing?

Thx

In global (where you have posted the question), you can move out the ships you don’t want in the combat, but transports can only load units if they are moving to an amphibious assault that turn.

@loki17:

canit build IC on island yo

Yeah, you can yo.

@simon33:

In global (where you have posted the question), you can move out the ships you don’t want in the combat, but transports can only load units if they are moving to an amphibious assault that turn.

Yes, I only posted it here because rules are similar and this board gets far more traffic than the Anniversary board.

The situation has been resolved by now, but I have attached the clip from the Anniversary rulebook below.

It does not specifically say that it has to be all or nothing. I don’t see why you couldn’t move some and not all. I haven’t check to see if this is expanded on in Global 40. At this point it is moot, but it would be interesting to know from one of the deputized folks the intent or interpretation of this rule, given the situation.

aaav.jpg

• '21 '20 '18 '17

You have 4 choices with every ship separately and independently

Remain in the sea zone and conduct combat (none, some or all)

Leave the sea zone, load units if desired, and conduct combat elsewhere,

Leave the sea zone and conduct no combat.  (THIS IS A RARE EXCEPTION WHERE YOU NONCOM DURING THE COMBAT MOVE)

Leave the sea zone, load units, and return to the same sea zone to conduct combat (you can’t load units while in a hostile
    sea zone),

This last one is the most confusing;  it states that you cannot be sitting in SZ6 with an American fleet and load Korean or Manchurian Troops onto transports for an attack.  The transports (or other ships) can move away, load and then return (or go elsewhere) and amphibiously land, but they can only land if you conduct a sea combat and wipe the zone clean a second time.

These rules exist to prevent the opponent from paralyzing your Great Fleet by building one ship.

They are an exception to not being able to move out or through a hostile sea zone.

If Japan places the ship in SZ 6, you cannot move through that square from SZ 4 to attack south of there however;  the blocker is effective if you did not start the turn in the same SZ as the newly placed blocker.

They may still want the ship, as it requires a combat that stops all support shots, but remember, a kamikaze or scramble fight also stops the bombards.  Any combat at all before the amphib, and no bombards.

Remember, Kamikaze cannot target bombers, subs or transports and thus cannot always be used to stop/stymy you during your attempts to clear the SZ  during the new turn

• You cant
    have more than one facility of the same type (industrial
    complex, air base, or naval base) per territory. Industrial
    complexes cant be built on islands
    (see Islands, page
    8 ).

Per Europe Rule Book page 23 Global 2nd edition, Restrictions on Placement.

• Guys, you have been misleaded … the OP thought it was a good idea to post his Anniversary-related question here in the Global forum.

@LHoffman:

Yes, I only posted it here because rules are similar and this board gets far more traffic than the Anniversary board.

@taamvan:

You have 4 choices with every ship separately and independently …

This part is correct for every WWII edition at least back to and including Anniversary Edition.

@P@nther:

Guys, you have been misleaded … the OP thought it was a good idea to post his Anniversary-related question here in the Global forum.

@LHoffman:

It was fully disclosed as such when I posed it. If people read it before thinking they knew the answer, that would help.

@P@nther:

@taamvan:

You have 4 choices with every ship separately and independently …

This part is correct for every WWII edition at least back to and including Anniversary Edition.

Thank you. That is all I was asking.

The rules do not state this explicitly. Considering the naval retreat rule in which the attacker retreats with naval units and they all must go back to a single sea zone from which at least one ship came… I thought it plausible that a similar ‘all or nothing’ rule may apply here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m