• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

HBG want to make sure we have 6 sided dice that we can offer to our customers. We cannot seem to get them in stock from the wholesalers so we want to do our own. We already are getting prices and we are taking a poll to see if there is a want for them. They will be custom colors, custom roundels, rounded corners, 16mm dice.

• '18 '17 '16

I already have more dice than I know what to do with. You know what I would like though? I would like some of your custom roundels (love those things) that match the 1914 game. Currently I’m using the WW2 equivalent for Russia,Italy, U.S., France, Austria/Hungary but I would certainly pre-order for WW1 roundels. Oh, and 1914 Battle Labels too.

When is your Invasion of Canada expansion set for Amerika coming out? I’ve almost run out of things to purchase from you so now I’m waiting on that and other expansion sets to be released.

• I am not sure by saying “I want other items please list” means anything or just related to dice but here is my small wish list:

F-86 Sabre
    MiG-15
    B-29 Superfortress

• '16

I dont know if this would be a good option or not to do, but…
    I would totally buy custom WW2 12 sided dice to use with the maps/games sold at HBG.

Other than that, idk.
    Idk what else HBG can do that is dice related to A&A and be unique,
    Considering that IWNGU sells them FMG dice and that the new WWI dice is coming out soon.

I guess I would buy Neutral specific dice, but regular white dice does good enough.

• Customizer

@ch0senfktard:

I dont know if this would be a good option or not to do, but…
    I would totally buy custom WW2 12 sided dice to use with the maps/games sold at HBG.

Other than that, idk.
    Idk what else HBG can do that is dice related to A&A and be unique,
    Considering that IWNGU sells them FMG dice and that the new WWI dice is coming out soon.

I guess I would buy Neutral specific dice, but regular white dice does good enough.

Back when Field Marshal Games was starting with the combat dice, they were asked about 12 sided nation specific dice but they said that the sides on 12 sided dice were too small.
    However, since HBG made those great 12 sided dice for Amerika, they might have access to a better manufacturer and may be able to produce nation specific 12 sided combat dice.

• I voted for “I want other items (please list)”, among others.

Young Grasshopper had this great idea in one of his very informing videos. We need coloured dice with hit markers. For example:

• ordinary BLUE dice with one side marked with a crosshair, explosion, skull or something to indicate a hit/kill
    • ordinary GREEN dice with two sides marked as said
    • ordinary YELLOW dice with three sides marked as said
    • ordinary RED dice with four sides marked as said
    • ordinary BLACK dice with five sides marked as said

The point is that the different colour of each dice represents a differant number of hits.

If I attack with two inf, one art, one tank and one tac, I today have to roll

1. one dice @ 1
    2. two dice @ 2
    3. one dice @ 3
    4. one dice @ 4

That is four rolls and I must remember how many hits for every roll. Then the oponent does the same thing. This takes time.

However, if HBG had dice as explained above, I could simply grab one blue dice, two green, one yellow and one red. I could roll them all at once, in one throw. And then just count the total number of crosshair, explosions or whatever the dice are showing to represent hits.

This would save a lot of time in each game!! Subs, AAA, offshore bombardment etc might need to be rolled individually, but we would still save a lot of time on all other combat rolls.

Young Grasshopper also said that the combat board should have different colours for each section, to make it easier to see what colour we should roll for @ 2 and so on. That would be nice, but I don’t think that is needed, after we learn the colour of the dice representing two hits on it’s six sides.

• Customizer

Herr Kaleunt, I like this idea.

• ordinary BLUE dice with one side marked with a crosshair, explosion, skull or something to indicate a hit/kill
    • ordinary GREEN dice with two sides marked as said
    • ordinary YELLOW dice with three sides marked as said
    • ordinary RED dice with four sides marked as said
    • ordinary BLACK dice with five sides marked as said

I prefer this but not exactly.

You need only four types of dice:

white with one side marked
    red with two sides marked
    Blue with three sides marked
    Green with four sides marked

all other sides blank, explosions on marked sides. Now you can roll all the dice at once and look only for explosions and ignore the blanks.

• Customizer

What I would like is a package of poker chips (compatible with existing A&A versions) to use with 1914. I find that there simply isn’t room on the board for all the different stacks for each army, especially on the crowded western front.

So I just give each nation a single stack of chips with the required infantry unit on top.

The system I use is:

grey/white = infantry
    red = artillery
    green - tanks
    blue = fighters

Additional colours might be reserved for new units vis:

black = bombers
    yellow = cavalry

A nice touch would be for each colour to be embossed with the appropriate unit type.

Equivalent pieces for ships aren’t as important but maybe double sided chips for naval units?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m