Belief-o-matic: What is your religion (or non-religion)

• @JWW:

@cyan:

It said i should be Jewish. right now i am christian.  a distant tenth place. 
    1. Orthodox Judaism (100%)  (makes less sense)
    2. Reform Judaism (96%)      (makes more sense)
    3. Sikhism (94%)                  (not really)       
    4. Islam (92%)                    (wtf, not that conservitive)
    ….  5. - 9.                                (double wtf)
    10. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant  (66%)  ( chruch of england)

That is pretty funny CYAN.  :lol:  I wonder what your parents or grandparents would think of this :? I’ll send you the old testament, in hebrew,  :lol:  for you to review.

my grandma was a jew so that would by some crazy rule make me jewish so she would be happy knowing she could be long dead have a catholic daughter and still have a grandkid who should be jewish. I personally don’t belief a man can be God’s equal. I read the first commandement.  :roll: but what i heard about judaism actually makes sense. Isn’t the Torah basically the old testement but in Hebrew?

• 2007 AAR League

The Torah is the original Bible. The “New testament” is the Christian Bible (which the followers of Jesus, who happened to be Jews, wrote).

• Don;t get too upset about it Cyan…

Just think of yourself as an “Old School Christian”  :-D

• Scientology  - 1 (4.5%

okay who put this?

• 2007 AAR League

Tom cruise. You didnt know he posted here?

• '19 Moderator

@cyan:

@dezrtfish:

Aparently I go for Theravada Buddhism, I have no idea what that it, but it must be the bomb digity!

are you monotheistic? because that is polythestic.

I’m pretty much non-theistic, but poly sounds way more fun…

• I am a Mormon or LDS to be politically correct. It came up second on my list at 96%. Then every thing from Orthodox Judaism to Islam to “Baha i Faith” comes before Catholic. No wonder my wife and I have heated debate over religion.

-LT04

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

Scientology  - 1 (4.5%

Â

okay who put this?

Jen.

:-D

• 2007 AAR League

My top 10 results.

1. Secular Humanism (100%) 
    2.  Unitarian Universalism (100%) 
    3.  Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (90%) 
    4.  Neo-Pagan (89%) 
    5.  Nontheist (88%) 
    6.  Reform Judaism (86%) 
    7.  Liberal Quakers (85%) 
    8.  New Age (78%) 
    9.  Theravada Buddhism (75%) 
    10.  New Thought (69%)

Apparantly scientology camo on 11th place with like 64%  :-o

• 2007 AAR League

whats up with that?  scientology should be at the bottom for everyone, like it was for me.  i’m wary of beliefs that lead to scientology.

• 2007 AAR League

@balungaloaf:

whats up with that?  scientology should be at the bottom for everyone, like it was for me.  i’m wary of beliefs that lead to scientology.

That’s funny - I’m wary of people who say what other people’s beliefs should be.

• 2007 AAR League

i’m not saying what they should be.  on the contrary, i’m saying what they shouldnt be.  and what peoples belief system shouldnt be is scientology.

• With as different as Scientology is (based on my pitiful understanding of it as an outsider), I actually am also surprised that Scientology is not an “all or nothing” in terms of percentages on a religion survey.

There is SO LITTLE common ground between it an almost any other religion (whereas even Paganism and Catholicism are actually not THAT far apart) that I would think Scientology would either be nearl 100%, or near 0% for almost everyone.  That it is hitting in the middle for everyone just seems… ODD.

• @balungaloaf:

i’m not saying what they should be.  on the contrary, i’m saying what they shouldnt be.  and what peoples belief system shouldnt be is scientology.

Why?

Your beliefs are no more valid than the next guy’s/gal’s.  There is no authority on this…

• 2007 AAR League

no, my stance is some beliefs are way more rediculous and dumber than others.  i dont hold all things equally, b/c sometimes its just silly to do so.

oh i forgot, we are all alien souls lost by an intergalatic king.  we were set up around a volcano and got vaporized by hydrogen bombs 75 million years ago(funny how hydrogen bombs had just been invented when hubbard wrote this crap.) and now inhabit humans to give them souls.  we feel bad b/c of thetons in our body.  these need to be fixed occasionally.  perhaps the intergalatic king just forgot about us, b/c he hasnt been back to get his lost souls.  he should come back on his Dc-10 looking ship(funny that hubbard makes the ship look like a DC-10)

also, mormons think that native americans are a lost tribe of isreal.  thats their belief jermo, and its not valid.  they better have some proof to counter all the other knowledge of indians migrating over the land bridge.  or some evidence to back their claim.

so jermo, not all beliefs are equal, and some arent valid at all.  perhaps those people that worship the snake in conan the barbarian could use you as their spokesperson, so you can tell others that they cant make fun of the dumbest religion on the planent, b/c all beliefs “are no more valid than the next”……in that case, bring on the snake worshipers!

• @balungaloaf:

no, my stance is some beliefs are way more rediculous and dumber than others.  i dont hold all things equally, b/c sometimes its just silly to do so.

oh i forgot, we are all alien souls lost by an intergalatic king.  we were set up around a volcano and got vaporized by hydrogen bombs 75 million years ago(funny how hydrogen bombs had just been invented when hubbard wrote this crap.) and now inhabit humans to give them souls.  we feel bad b/c of thetons in our body.  these need to be fixed occasionally.  perhaps the intergalatic king just forgot about us, b/c he hasnt been back to get his lost souls.  he should come back on his Dc-10 looking ship(funny that hubbard makes the ship look like a DC-10)

also, mormons think that native americans are a lost tribe of isreal.  thats their belief jermo, and its not valid.  they better have some proof to counter all the other knowledge of indians migrating over the land bridge.  or some evidence to back their claim.

so jermo, not all beliefs are equal, and some arent valid at all.  perhaps those people that worship the snake in conan the barbarian could use you as their spokesperson, so you can tell others that they cant make fun of the dumbest religion on the planent, b/c all beliefs “are no more valid than the next”……in that case, bring on the snake worshipers!

I’m sorry, it’s essentially all the same.  Your beliefs are no more plausible than anyone else - though you think that because they are yours.

Religion deals with unknown, faith, upholding that which can’t be proven - there is no fact to prove it otherwise.  It all depends on what you invest in it - it requires unquestioning loyalty.  Therefore, the same.

I agree that the Scientology approach to the world is hard to swallow, but I say the same about the Catholic faith:

God manifested himself as his own son, born of a virgin mother, killed, resurrected (yet made it to heaven while living?) just so that you could be sinless and reach heaven as well - which is absurd that the creator/ruler of all things sacrificed himself for you to himself concerning supposed schemes that he created.  And to reach heaven, you don’t necessarily have to do good, just admit your wrong doing, and EAT & DRINK the body of your lord-son-of-himself.

That doesn’t seem ridiculous to you?  :?

• 2007 AAR League

There is a Mormon among us!!!

• 2007 AAR League

no it doesnt seem rediculous.  jesus christ changed the world.  as only the son of God can, born of a virgin, and of the same substance of God, but fully human.  and in that sense, yes he can make it to heaven in bodily form, he’s God incarnate in the flesh after all.  and at communion, i know i am drinking and eating the body and blood of christ, but i also know that i am eating  a wafer and some cheap wine.

yes and to reach heaven, all you have to do is say i’m sorry, please forgive me.  that’ll do the trick.  thats a lot better and makes more sense than God damning everyone to eternal hellfire for not being the right religion.  kind of makes you wonder what the purpose of the rest of the world would be.

• 2007 AAR League

Balung>  You do know that the Trinity are christian Dogma right?

trinity;  Holy gost=God, Jesus=God, God=God

All three things are the same that is God……

The christian church decided that this is how it is in Niceae.

• 2007 AAR League

So the stry are even more rediculus.

Holy Ghost (god) comes to earth impregnates Maria, with himself, Are born telling people how they should worship god (himself), eventually he (before he dies) rejectes God (himself) and despairs, then he changes his mind, and comes to heaven after being resurected by himself……

Yeah right… :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m